obstructed views

It could be anything from a ladder or cable in front of your window to a lifeboat almost totally blocking your view.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the lifeboats on Freedom don't obstruct any views unless your trying to look straight down.

You may want to call RC. The agent can give you additional information about the obstruction. Recently, my husband and I upgraded to a balcony on our May 2013 Brillance of the Seas cruise. The only balcony remaining had an obstructed view and the agent was able to tell us that it was "10% obstructed." We felt that this was negligible and took it.

You can also go to cruiselinerooms . com. Cruisers can post information and photos of their stateroom. You may get lucky and see that your potential cabin has been reviewed. This may give you a better idea of how much and what is obstructing your view.

You may want to call RC. The agent can give you additional information about the obstruction. Recently, my husband and I upgraded to a balcony on our May 2013 Brillance of the Seas cruise. The only balcony remaining had an obstructed view and the agent was able to tell us that it was "10% obstructed." We felt that this was negligible and took it.

You can also go to cruiselinerooms . com. Cruisers can post information and photos of their stateroom. You may get lucky and see that your potential cabin has been reviewed. This may give you a better idea of how much and what is obstructing your view.

This is not necessarily good advice. Most agents who answer the phones have never been on a cruise ship, and their knowledge of which cabins are obstructed on which ships and how is extremely limited. They are reading off a sheet of statistics, and have no context for what they are saying.

The question truly is best asked here on Cruise Critic, of passengers who have actually stayed in these cabins.

As previous posters have said, there really are no obstructed view cabins on the Freedom class ships. There are no lifeboat obstructions. True aft cabins have some superstructure obstructions but many if not most would agree that the awesomeness of aft cabins and their extended balconies far outweighs any negligible obstruction.

On other ships, there ARE some obstructions, but not Freedom class. Not really.

What category cabin are you booking?

Archived