Carnival gets "Comfort Bed Sleep System"

spongerob

I saw this message on PRNewswire concerning Carnival's new cabin furnishings. I think more Princess passengers would benefit from something similar than entertainment add-ons. Let's hope this is not limited to Carnival.

I hope not too. Princess has the worst mattresses...almost impossible to sleep on. We always order an egg crate mattress pad beforehand. HAL has also upgraded their beds and linens. Your news will make me try a Carnival cruise now!!

Even before all the upgrades, I thought Carnival beds were so cozy! I slept like a baby. Then last fall, I took my first Princess cruise. I loved the cruise, but the bed..oh my! I felt like I was at summer camp. Unbelievable! My second Princess cruise, we asked for an egg crate which helped. People are quick to judge Carnival, but I can say, they have aspects of their cruise product that far exceed many cruise lines. Hopefully, Princess will follow and produce a more comfortable bed.

Janet

Then last fall, I took my first Princess cruise. I loved the cruise, but the bed..oh my! I felt like I was at summer camp. Janet

I've had more comfortable mattresses in military barracks. If there is enough rocking and rolling I sleep fine, but if the ship is sailing very smoothly I notice the mattresses. Some ARE better than others. I'm really hoping Princess will follow suit here, and soon.

We just got off the Carnival Glory a few weeks ago. They had the new bedding described in the article and it made a HUGE difference as to the quality of sleep. We slept like babies! :) Overall, we still prefer Princess, but are considering sailing the Glory again in fall of 2006!

Believe me, my bed at home leaves alot to be desired. Other things have come first, including my cruising but I had to request an eggcrate for our bed on the Coral before I could get a good nights sleep.

Carol

I was finally adjusting to the fact that the coffee isn't any good and I need to bring my own coffee pot.....Now you tell me that the mattresses are lousy! :(

Since Carnival is instituting the change and they recently purchased Princess, maybe they will have made changes to CB before we leave in October. One can only hope!

Deena

We were on the Regal in March and I could not believe the quality of their linens. The blanket and spread was in the same category as a Motel 6. Maybe not even that. I would think that a decent blanket and some decent sheets would be a no brainer for Princess. Just such a small thing gives a much more luxurious feel to the overall cruise experience.

I'm trying to figure out why our twin beds didn't stay together. Every morning I'd wake up with my knee wedged between the two mattresses. Is this a common occurence or did our room steward not lock them together properly?

When we were on Pacific Princess (new) Nov 03, many people complained about the "rock hard" mattresses.

With my bad back, I found them very comfortable indeed.

Just can't please everyone!

Why doesn't everyone who has a Princess cruise booked , call Princess direct, and voice their complaints re: the beds, linens, etc. With the switch Carnival made, maybe they will feel the improvement on Princess would be necessary to keep their cruisers from switching to Carnival! Even tho we love Princess and would probably not do that. Guess I answered my own question.:(

While I love Celebrity and Royal Caribbean, I think they have the worst beds. They don't even have mattresses, but a single foam pad that sits on a platform. After a couple years, the foam pad sags where people have slept. Not only is it uncomfortable, but it looks nasty too.

I've had no problem with the beds on Princess, but they don't compare to what I just experienced on HAL's OOSTERDAM. HAL's also has the new luxury bedding, and it was simply fabulous! QM2 also has luxury bedding. Believe me, it does make a difference and a great bed is more important to me than MUTS or dinner on my balcony.

Kudos to Carnival for putting passenger comfort first! My only concern is that Carnival keeps upgrading it's product to the point it's no different than the so-called "premium lines", and in many cases better. That can be our secret! ;) Why pay more for a so-called "premium line" when I can get the same experience or better on Carnival?

Ernie

The mattresses are not terrible for everyone. I have had no problems falling to sleep on a Princess mattress, and I have been on three ships! Just do lots of stuff during the day and it won't matter where your head falls, you will be tired and you will sleep.

Now, for people with back problems, other special needs, etc., I have no idea, I guess the egg crates work for some people.

Have fun catching your ZZZZZZZZZZZs!

Actually, this is the only thing I'm concerned about on my upcoming CB cruise. My DH and I sailed on the Oosterdam last October and I was so happy with the bedding. I have a hectic job, so I really like to sleep comfortably on vacation. We'll see, but this may actually make my decision to sail again with Princess or go back to HAL.

I'd appreciate hypo-allergenic bedding along with a comfy, cozy pillowtop mattress and luxurious linens.

I have a difficult time sleeping well in hotels and on cruiseships due to dustmite allergies/asthma. I have spent many a night coughing and wheezing from mite-infested bedding and/or pillows. I travel with a special pillow protector that helps somewhat. Still, I sometimes shudder when I think about the mites that might be lurking in the bedding.

Hope I didn't gross anyone out. Allergic asthma is part of my life, and I must manage it as best I can when traveling.

Bon Voyage and Sleep Well!

Chris

I don't generally have a problem with the bed whether the mattress is hard or not. It is the pillow that I find to be a problem most everywhere I go. I was in a bad accident 2 yrs ago and had a neck injury. Since that time, I always bring my own pillow.

A bad mattress at sea is better than a good one at home!!!:D

Given the "megasize" of some cruise passengers I have seen I would think the mattress they slept on would not be fit for anyone to sleep on afterwards never mind the bed base

If I went into a cabin with a lousy mattress i would be asking the room steward to change it fast

Archived