Female Cabin Attendant

anandaindonesia

I move the damp underwear to the wardrobe during the day using trouser hangers to clip them. They are not dripping - just a little damp still. It makes the bathroom look neater and means that staff are not assaulted by the sight of my less than sexy knickers!

Sorry, but if people do have such "issues" then one should stay at home. You are on a cruise ship. Not in your own home. Or, as others have said. Put the sign it and lock your door. Trust me - having been a housekeeping manager in large luxury hotels, there are things WE DO NOT WANT TO SEE. So if a room attendant ever walks in on you, YOU should apologize to them! Not the other way around..

It's underwear. Who cares? Seriously.

We've had one female stateroom attendant and she was the worst room steward we'd ever had. I'm sure it had nothing to do with her gender but I bet she didn't stay with Celebrity long. At least I hope so!

It's underwear. Who cares? Seriously.

We've had one female stateroom attendant and she was the worst room steward we'd ever had. I'm sure it had nothing to do with her gender but I bet she didn't stay with Celebrity long. At least I hope so!

I think we had the same one.She waxed the BR floor in our handicapped room all bright and shiny and never understood why this was dangerous.:eek: Plus a few other strange things. First time ever we didn't tip extra.

I move the damp underwear to the wardrobe during the day using trouser hangers to clip them. They are not dripping - just a little damp still. It makes the bathroom look neater and means that staff are not assaulted by the sight of my less than sexy knickers!

We also bring a few plastic clothes pins (weigh less than wood) so we can hang undergarments and other hand washables, in case there are not enough pant hangers with the clips.

I would imagine that the cabin attendants have seen just about everything there is to see, and then some.. They are probably blind to it all by now!

Sorry, but if people do have such "issues" then one should stay at home. You are on a cruise ship. Not in your own home. Or, as others have said. Put the sign it and lock your door. Trust me - having been a housekeeping manager in large luxury hotels, there are things WE DO NOT WANT TO SEE. So if a room attendant ever walks in on you, YOU should apologize to them! Not the other way around..

here, here, i say get a life, i think the cabin staff have a lot more important things to do than spend valuble time checking out passengers underware !!!

here, here, i say get a life, i think the cabin staff have a lot more important things to do than spend valuble time checking out passengers underware !!!

How kind of you to be sensitive to the possible cultural difference evident in the OP's question and subsequent attempt to clarify his position.

Did you bother to look at his Location, much less parse his screen name?

Thank you everyone for the responses.

I (the OP) always put the DND on, and DW always insist to turn the lock on at night. So in a way, when we are in the cabin, we are safe, and nobody will see 'what they rather not see' :p

Actually it is something with when we are NOT in the cabin.

DW has a habit (a good one, I must admit) to clean and wash her used 'dainties' every night. She hang those somewhere in the bathroom to let it dry. Well, as you know, sometimes it is not dry enough in one night. So in the morning, before we go to breakfast and before somebody enters the cabin to clean it, she has to make some efforts to keep her 'dainties' away, lest it be seen (or -God forbid- touched) by the attendant.

If we have a female cabin attendant, she can be more relaxed and sometimes will allow those cute little things keep hanging to dry some more.

It is not a matter of life and death. It is just more convenient and preferable to have female cabin attendant.

So to sum up, it seems there is only a small percentage of chances that we'll get a female cabin attendant on board our next Celebrity sailing. I hope we'll be in that small percentage. We need your blessings. :)

Thank you. Keep cruising, and enjoy!

Michael

I haven't worn anything "dainty" in years and there are days I wonder if granny panties wouldn't be more comfortable. That said bring a couple of extra plastic hangers and clothes pins. Have DW hang them clipped to the extra hangers in the closet and close the door. The attendants don't go into the closet.

I worry less about attendants seeing my underwear than about them seeing me IN my underwear or less. :eek:

Thank you everyone for the responses.

I (the OP) always put the DND on, and DW always insist to turn the lock on at night. So in a way, when we are in the cabin, we are safe, and nobody will see 'what they rather not see' :p

Actually it is something with when we are NOT in the cabin.

DW has a habit (a good one, I must admit) to clean and wash her used 'dainties' every night. She hang those somewhere in the bathroom to let it dry. Well, as you know, sometimes it is not dry enough in one night. So in the morning, before we go to breakfast and before somebody enters the cabin to clean it, she has to make some efforts to keep her 'dainties' away, lest it be seen (or -God forbid- touched) by the attendant.

If we have a female cabin attendant, she can be more relaxed and sometimes will allow those cute little things keep hanging to dry some more.

It is not a matter of life and death. It is just more convenient and preferable to have female cabin attendant.

So to sum up, it seems there is only a small percentage of chances that we'll get a female cabin attendant on board our next Celebrity sailing. I hope we'll be in that small percentage. We need your blessings. :)

Thank you. Keep cruising, and enjoy!

Michael

I, too, prefer not to leave my "dainties" out on view in the daytime - no matter whether the cabin attendant is male or female. I wash them in the evening and hang them overnight in the bathroom. If they are not completely dry by morning, I put them on a hanger in the wardrobe, where they continue to dry. Similarly, I fold my nightgown and put it away in a drawer, as I do not like it to be handled by anyone else.

It's no big deal - just a few seconds' work in my normal morning routine. Perhaps your wife does the same? Since your chances of getting a female cabin steward are almost nil, I think it is the best policy.

To people who have suggested ways of preventing unexpected entry into your cabin - thanks, I do all that, but I maintain that anyone walking in on me in the nude is far more likely to be traumatised than I am! :D

With the understanding that chances are slim, why shouldn't the OP request a female stateroom attendant if that would make him/her more comfortable? The worst that could happen is the cruiseline would say "no." I've certainly heard passengers make much stranger requests than that!

You are right, people ask for all kinds of things but look at it this way...

lets say the person wants a specific cabin....cabin x for example.

That cabin is on a certain deck in a certain location. That deck has

only male attendants......if the person is only comfortable with a

female attendant? The other option would be to give up the cabin

they want and book one (if it is even available) on a deck where

there happens to be a female cabin attendant....

Just saying.....that would be the option for the customer.

On a recent cruise on the Solstice spent time with a couple whose neighbours daily hung their "dainties" over the balcony partition, in this case the 'dainties'

were more like granny panties. Eventually asked the butler to speak with the passengers as it distracted them from their daily breakfast on the balcony.

I tend to roll my large "dainties" in a towel before hanging them up overnight in the bathroom, always dry by the morning. 👙

Love the comment "buttock hammocks" 😆

EVERYONE wears underwear (okay, almost everyone)

Half of the people on earth are Woman.

This whole thing is silly. If you do not want anyone to know you wear underwear, then put them away. Take enough for the entire cruise so you do not have to wash them.

Of course they can get in, even with the internal lock locked. Imagine a passenger calling with a heart attack...or a dead passenger. They can however tell if you have locked the door from the inside.

ONLY a high evel manager key (or an axe ..) can override a double lock. And the security lock system would record the key entry.

You are right, people ask for all kinds of things but look at it this way...

lets say the person wants a specific cabin....cabin x for example.

That cabin is on a certain deck in a certain location. That deck has

only male attendants......if the person is only comfortable with a

female attendant? The other option would be to give up the cabin

they want and book one (if it is even available) on a deck where

there happens to be a female cabin attendant....

Just saying.....that would be the option for the customer.

If you have EVER had to do room assignments for a housekeeping department, you would realize that this woud not happen. Cabin attendants are not the same on every cruise every day r even on the same route. They are at different pints in their contracts with new ones getting on at every port and others ending contracts. There is no way that you can determine that a cabin or group of cabins would have a specific attendant or male or female. N fact they may be in one section one 7 night cruise and in a totally other section on the next

How kind of you to be sensitive to the possible cultural difference evident in the OP's question and subsequent attempt to clarify his position.

Did you bother to look at his Location, much less parse his screen name?

Thank you for saying what I was thinking!

As the OP is from Indonesia, there is a strong possibility that he and his wife are Muslim. That religion has different expectations about women's clothing.

There is no need for posters to assume that the OP's wife has issues that she needs to "get over". Instead, a little cultural and religious tolerance wouldn't go astray!

I was going to post the same thing.... except our female stateroom attendant was on Disney. Again, nothing to do with gender, she just never smiled or gave anything the extra Disney touch that I paid for :rolleyes:

I can give you a more mortifying scenario..

On our last European flight( a long way from Oz) I wore my oldest..but MOST COMFORTABLE pair of undies..so I could breathe on the plane and not feel strapped in like my usual ones make me feel:p..with the plan being DISPOSAL at the hotel.

We arrived at a very beautiful St Regis hotel, I took off my old "has beens" and placed them in a plastic bag, and deposited them in the bathroom garbage bin...never to be seen again..

Or so I thought..

Imagine my horror, when I had returned to our room the next day, and found they HAD BEEN WASHED, AND HUNG OVER THE RAIL. In the bathroom.:eek::eek:..and I didn't do it!!!!

Now thats something to be mortified about..

They were the WORST Undies.,the elastic was almost gone, and had some tears in the lacy bits...but were sooo comfortable in a plane:D

If you have EVER had to do room assignments for a housekeeping department, you would realize that this woud not happen. Cabin attendants are not the same on every cruise every day r even on the same route. They are at different pints in their contracts with new ones getting on at every port and others ending contracts. There is no way that you can determine that a cabin or group of cabins would have a specific attendant or male or female. N fact they may be in one section one 7 night cruise and in a totally other section on the next

Huh?:eek::confused:...maybe my post was not clear. I was trying to say

if the poster was able to find out from HQ via the ship what cabins

would have female attendants and what locations they would

be in, they could choose to move if it made their cruise more

comfortable.

They certainly are allowed to ask......if they can't have the female

attendant? They will do what they need to do otherwise.

I realize houskeeping can change cruise to cruise.......I was just

trying to help the original poster. You can disagree with me...

which you are.....we all have differing opinions about lots of things

on here.

This reminds me of my recent Reflection cruise. I had the habit of taking things off and piling them on the sofa before I would deal with them at a later time. Well one time I had a few tshirts, shorts, a night shirt, bra and undies there and i came back to the cabin and everything was FOLDED! I didn't realize they were going to provide that level of service! LOL

I did feel bad that they handled my dirty clothes, dainties included, though lol. They went through all that trouble over dirty clothes.

Archived