Gold+ past guest Party

StringerBell

So we are gold but this will be our first cruise since they did away with the FunFarewell party and made the past guest party only for Gold and above. My question: is the party better now then it was when it was for anyone who had cruise even once? Less people I assume, better drinks? Better food? Thanks!:)

I thought the past guest parties were a lot better than before. Less crowded, better appetizers and you could order a drink that you wanted and it was in a full size container not a small plastic cup. There was a large thread on this a month or so ago with most of the responses positive.

I think it is better, at least food and drink wise. Full size, pretty potent beverages. Some of the apps are really good, others, eh. But taste is subjective.

I would agree....hubby does not drink, so I had his....drinks were very potent and full size...its a fun party

It was NOT less crowded on our recent Liberty Cruise.

The main showroom was PACKED!!

The drinks WERE larger, however.. but they came around less frequently.

We anticipated the party would be quite different, but we were wrong. Still something we do every cruise though! Fun and Free!

Catrin

We attended both on our recent Breeze B2B and we thought it was a little less crowded. We later learned they had two parties because there were so many repeat cruisers on board. The food was plentiful and the drinks were readily available. My granddaughter attends and they always make sure she has non-alcoholic drinks.

We will be attending later this month on our Liberty B2B.

Well, we have been to them on the Fascination and the Elation and they were held in a smaller club with less people. Plenty of opportunity to get drinks. Somemtimes you could order drinks. Appetizers weren't very good.

It was NOT less crowded on our recent Liberty Cruise.

The main showroom was PACKED!!

The drinks WERE larger, however.. but they came around less frequently.

We anticipated the party would be quite different, but we were wrong. Still something we do every cruise though! Fun and Free!

Catrin

Agree ! Breeze ,

Actually I was a bit taken back by the " NEW " VIFP party.

Same Film , Same towel video etc , less service and dull food.

:confused: No drawing for champagne or a free dinner ZIP

That many people on one ship and no drawing at all. :eek:

My experience with the parties, been to two in the past two months, it was better. Yes on fewer people, yes on larger and more mature drinks, yes on a very short period of time for party (45 minutes). The drink special in regular size glasses was the "Fun Ship". They will serve you other drinks and allow you to make a drink request too. Both parties I attended I may or may not have had 4-5 drinks, walking away with a full one during the 45 minute party. :rolleyes:

From the party on the Carnival Ecstasy on the 12/3/12 sailing

5CF1E04A-3E15-43F0-98E4-C349479D4347-3006-0000028650340668_zpsb0ccbdc0.jpg

0F3627AE-A340-48EF-AFB1-BCA5D3CA54EC-99-00000002C62CE1C4_zps7f2f0135.jpg

From the party on the Carnival Freedom on the 11/11/12 sailing

B774DC92-2CB4-4D78-B345-1E78D40B834C-96315-00008635FB94AC95_zps0079c91f.jpg

F3E488A9-EEAB-4502-89A1-C6640ABCD073-97005-000086DAFAAB2419_zps79385edd.jpg

On the Conquest last week, it was in one of the aft lounges, wasn't crowded at all. Drinks were full size and not watery. Had as many as I could handle and left with a full one. Appetizers were to so hot IMO.

As someone mentioned, same video (which I actually like) but no drawing for free dinner at the steakhouse or anything. Atmosphere was fun though. It did seem a little more personal maybe.

Sounds like it is varying a it from ship to ship.

On the Conquest last week, it was in one of the aft lounges, wasn't crowded at all. Drinks were full size and not watery. Had as many as I could handle and left with a full one. Appetizers were to so hot IMO.

As someone mentioned, same video (which I actually like) but no drawing for free dinner at the steakhouse or anything. Atmosphere was fun though. It did seem a little more personal maybe.

Thanks ! ;) more or less the Aft is a good location on that class of ship. I agree it would feel less crowded.

Missing you all.. Been under the weather since NYE...trying to rest up for Jan 12 Elation!.....a hug to all especially Jeremiah !!..."Miss Diamond"

On the Triumph last month, it was nice to have a much smaller crowd, and it was in the theater. The drinks were larger and more potent. I hear people say that you can order any drink you want, but we were basically told that we couldn't. If we tipped the server when asking, they probably would have. But we're not drinkers, so we don't really have any particular drink in mind. I had 2 of the first type of drinks, and they came around with a 2nd type later. The first 2 drinks had as much alcohol as I can handle. I took the 3rd with me, and it took me hours to finish it. We still got to cheer for the ships we've been on, which is the best part, and they also invited us up to the stage to learn a dance, which was fun. I do miss some of the drinks that they used to have at the old parties, like whiskey sour & blue lagoon. I personally like those better.

• 3 weeks later...

If your BF is in the same cabin, and you bring the invitation, they more than likely will let them in. Except it's not an invitation any more, because your card indicates your status. We completly missed our past guest party last time, and I had to fight to get our gold pins, :oso if this is the first time you are cruising gold,make sure you get them. You have paid a lot of money over the years to get that status, they are supposed to be in your cabin when you get there.

If your BF is in the same cabin, and you bring the invitation, they more than likely will let them in. Except it's not an invitation any more, because your card indicates your status. We completly missed our past guest party last time, and I had to fight to get our gold pins, :oso if this is the first time you are cruising gold,make sure you get them. You have paid a lot of money over the years to get that status, they are supposed to be in your cabin when you get there.

No Gold pins for us on Inspiration. Short cruises don't get past guest parties at all but we should have still received our pins.

Thanks. I was afraid of getting flamed for asking lol. This is actually my BF's 4th carnival cruise, his were just shorter than mine so he's not getting the royal treatment. ;)

Archived