Venting about PVP

myangel

I have always used PVP's when booking with Carnival. the one I used to use is no longer there. I was "appointed" one after that. I used her for 3 cruises, she was just ok, no complaints. I booked a cruise on the Dream Jan 19th sailings on Dec13th. On the 15th I faxed my stock ownership proof to the number she gave me. I called her on the 15th the 17th and the 19th to make sure she received it. (She said she likes to take care of that herself so I faxed it to her) I received no response to the calls. I emailed her on the 19th the 20th and the 24th. No response. On the 24th I emailed Carnival to explain I needed to know if they received the fax. On January 2nd I called the general Carnival number and they gave me a different number to fax the ownership proof to. I emailed Carnival last night again to ask them to please help with this situation and I felt the customer service with my PVP was lacking and I would not be using her again. well this morning I FINALLY get a call from her! She acted like nothing was up, asking me if I was ready for my cruise. I told her I was trying to get in touch with her since Dec 15 about the stock. And she said she was on vacation for 2 weeks. I Asked her if she ever emailed or let her clients know she would be out for 2 weeks and she said and I quote " we aren't required to send emails letting people know we are on vacation" doesn't sound like she wants my business. meanwhile I am in limbo about the stock credit. :(:(

If I call Carnival to talk to my PVP and she's not available (on vacation, illness, whatever), I call back and get ahold of whoever is available that can help me. I give the person my booking number, then explain why I'm calling. I will also ask when my PVP is scheduled to return. On the date my PVP returns, I make a follow-up phone call to make sure everything has been posted to my account. I don't like to rely on e-mailing someone. Too much lag time. I'd much rather talk to someone on the phone.

Really weird response. When my PVP is on vacation, he leaves an auto reply on his email as well as a message on his answering machine. Both will usually include the name and contact information for another PVP who will take care of my PVP's accounts while he's out. The other PVP will normally check my PVP's voicemail as well for any messages left there.

Once again, a weird response from your PVP, but I'm wondering if the other PVP dropped the ball as well, not taking care of your PVP's guests.

Why would you wait 2 weeks for them to call you back? I would have been on the phone with Carnival in less than 2 days.

You can always get a new PVP........you don't have to use that one. Doesn't sound like she's very good.

I'm sorry about your less than desirable experience.

I tried calling mine today (tried before New Year's too) but only a "busy" signal on all attempts so I just called back and waited for the next available person... so glad I did! She was helpful and easy going. I didn't feel rushed and felt that she had pride in her job. Not that the first PVP didn't, I'm just saying that all reps I've spoken with have been most helpful and gracious. I'm glad I chose Carnival. :)

When my PVP goes on vacation, he leaves an extension number of someone else who can help me. I love them both!!

Sorry you have had troubles!!

Mine does the same thing. I've booked with his buddy once & he got the credit.

As Stated time for a new PVP

This sounds exactly like the PVP we have used for 3 cruises. Was trying to book a specific suite cabin that was available and had sent him couple emails to call and get our deposit. Had one response then nothing for 2 weeks. Finally got a call they other day saving the sane thing, on vacation for 2 weeks. Well the Dream cabin we wanted to secure was no longer avail. Seriously considering booking on the website since PVP service seems to be lacking.

When our PVP went out on paternity leave, he left the number of another PVP who was covering for him and his automated email stated the same. I called to book a cruise with the substitute PVP and made sure that ours would get credit. A few days after booking, we got an email from our PVP thanking us. We were touched that he took the time to let us know that he had received the info.

How I wish I could share his name with you. He's awesome.

When our PVP went out on paternity leave, he left the number of another PVP who was covering for him and his automated email stated the same. I called to book a cruise with the substitute PVP and made sure that ours would get credit. A few days after booking, we got an email from our PVP thanking us. We were touched that he took the time to let us know that he had received the info.

How I wish I could share his name with you. He's awesome.

Me too!

Kevin C

Sounds like mine....she went on vacation and left the number of another PVP....she was on vacation too! I just called Carnival and booked with whoever answered....we wanted a specific room and I wasn't willing to wait (7301 Miracle- awesome room). Looking back, she's never gone out of her way to do anything special and I doubt I'd use her again.

My PVP always lets me know when she is on vacation or away for a few days, and also leaves me a contact of another pvp in case I need anything in her absence. And if by anychance I could not get in contact of the replacement PVP, I would call and get whoever, and ask my question. I would never wait more than a day for someone to get back to me. I would definitely get a new one if I were you. Have a great cruise though.:)

Thanks for all the comments. I gave her the benefit of the doubt with Christmas and all, but I learned my lesson. I am in the customer service business, and YOU the customer are doing ME a favor by coming into my business and spending money. I now feel like she is doing ME a favor. I am still trying it get it worked out, but next booking I will either just book it direct or get somebody else. I am not going to let it ruin my day, but the 100 credit would be nice! :) Thanks again everyone

Thanks for all the comments. I gave her the benefit of the doubt with Christmas and all, but I learned my lesson. I am in the customer service business, and YOU the customer are doing ME a favor by coming into my business and spending money. I now feel like she is doing ME a favor. I am still trying it get it worked out, but next booking I will either just book it direct or get somebody else. I am not going to let it ruin my day, but the 100 credit would be nice! :) Thanks again everyone

I learned this the hard way not with stocks but could never get My PVP to ever call me back nor answer the phone so from now on I use a travel agent Im not a travel agent but after a few cruises I got one pvp that I knew more than she did every question was a 30 min I will find out so Never again !!!

MY PVP is always there when I call. Not sure if he ever leaves the house, no matter when I call.

PVP's now have the capability to have calls forwarded to their personal phones automatically. They also have web-based capabilities to access the system from any personal computer, so they may "seem" like they are at the office while they may actually be sitting at the beach in South Florida :)

Sounds like mine....she went on vacation and left the number of another PVP....she was on vacation too! I just called Carnival and booked with whoever answered....we wanted a specific room and I wasn't willing to wait (7301 Miracle- awesome room). Looking back, she's never gone out of her way to do anything special and I doubt I'd use her again.

Yah, I'm with you......we have tried 3 PVP's, NONE of whom did a single thing for us that we couldn't do for ourselves faster and more efficiently. Don't really understand their value....they can't do anything other than do a straight out booking for you, can't give perks, upgrades, or add anything special (as told to us by ALL 3) or they could "lose their jobs"....so the million $$ question is....of what value are they to anyone????

We book on our own, get the cabins we chose and want, handle price reductions on our own, application of FCC's on our own, (PVP's would never do any of that for us anyhow). IMHO, CCL could SAVE ALOT of $$$ by deleting that entire department....the 800 customer service folks perform the exact same services in our experience (and they are immediately accessible as well).

Archived