"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas / Jan 5, 2013

Radio

Radio, thanks so much for that info on the Explorer. Obviously it's going to be awhile before she goes in for an upgrade and hopefully i'll be sailing on her again long before that!

I'm looking forward to your next cruise. Thanks again for all the time and talent you give to us.

Cheryl

Cornhole! This is the first that I've seen a cornhole set (the bag tossing games on the deck) in any cruise ship pictures. It's very popular around me (Cincinnati, OH) but not too well known elsewhere. The name always gets a few quizzical looks.

Radio - Great "LIVE" report as always. Love the ultra-wide lens shots from your GoPro. The curvature really adds a unique look.

We have Corn Hole and my family loves playing it...........mostly at the shore in the summer.

LOL, Patty, I thought that was you!!!!!

Happy New Year! Hope you are doing well.

Hopefully one of these days we'll get to be on a cruise together.

Right now I need a cruise so badly and I can't find anyone who is interested in cruising on RCCL!!!!!!

Thanks for letting me steal your penguins if I can figure out how!!!!!

Cheryl

Couldn't figure it out Patty, as I said, I AM computer illiterate!!!!

Cheryl

Cheryl,

Just right click on one of the penquins, click on "Properties". Highlight the address, right click on it and click copy............then go into your signature and right click where you want to put it and paste it there by right clicking again and choose paste.

Depending on how many penquins you want, just keep pasting it. Paste it 2 times of you want 2, 3 if you want 3 and so forth.

We did a B2B on the Allure the beginning of December. That ship is enormous!! Don't really need anything that big but it was nice to experience it plus we were with a bunch of other people that we have met and cruised with over the years. I would do it again with friends or family but for me and Tony, we're good with RCCL's other ships..........either Radiance Class, Voyager Class or Freedom..they are certainly big enough for us...........LOL

Patty

Cheryl,

Just right click on one of the penquins, click on "Properties". Highlight the address, right click on it and click copy............then go into your signature and right click where you want to put it and paste it there by right clicking again and choose paste.

Depending on how many penquins you want, just keep pasting it. Paste it 2 times of you want 2, 3 if you want 3 and so forth.

This may or may not work, depending on which editor option she has chosen to use within Cruise Critic.

The file's location is here:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff278/LoriandLaurent/Names/Bonnie/dancing.gif

Some of the editor options require you to enter the URL for the picture.

Theron

This may or may not work, depending on which editor option she has chosen to use within Cruise Critic.

The file's location is here:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff278/LoriandLaurent/Names/Bonnie/dancing.gif

Some of the editor options require you to enter the URL for the picture.

Theron

Thanks Theron, she can try either way. It should work for her.

Patty

Thanks Patty and Theron!!!!!

I couldn't get it to work in Google Chrome, but when I went in thru internet explorer I got it to work!!!

Thanks again I love them!!!!!

Cheryl

Good job Cheryl.......... I knew you could do it! Hope you find someone to cruise with. We just did a B2B on Allure in December and I'm already feeling like I need to cruise again soon..........LOL

Radio...really enjoyed your live report as always! Can you tell me what room you had on deck 7 and if the life boats are much of a factor when looking down from the balconies?

I sailed on Deck 7 FWD (STB), very close to the elevators.

The life boats were no problem. . . I could see clearly st all times. . .

Radio

;);)

Clear views from the Balcony

F35.JPG

You couldn't see any lifeboats unless you were looking down

K17.JPG

Here is the view from the outside

U27.JPG

A view of my Balcony from St. Thomas

E12.JPG

We cruise NCL and Suite Guests get to have breakfast and lunch in one of the specialty restaurants. I know some RCI ships have a breakfast place for suite guests. What does the Enchantment have for suite guests ? -- especially for embarkation lunch??

Thanks Ken S

am not happy to see the roast turkey and the lamb shank on the same night. Perhaps they would have the turkey at lunch some time.

Did you post what nights on the trip were formal?, ie 3rd 4th and 8th. thanks.

K

The Formal Night were on Nights 2-5-8. . . (For my Cruise, Sun-Wed-Sat)

Radio

;);)

Radio - Do you know if Category F rooms were switched out to be HC Accessible rooms? The RC site says they are Accessible Outside rooms but when I called they said they are not. I do not know if they have been changed. I'm talking about rooms like 3116, 3114, 3112 or 3078. When I make a start of a reservation for a random date, the rooms say Accessible Outside. I am thinking you are an Enchantment of the Seas expert and might know the answer better than an agent that has never been on the ship.

Thanks. By the way, I loved your review and pictures.

I'd like to see all the menus used on a 12 day cruise before setting sail so that we can plan our Chops nights. Does anyone have more menus than Radio has posted?:confused: I've seen Mojo, Saffron, Pimento, Pomodoro, Jasmine, Basil and Shiitake. Thanx.;)

I was on this cruise as well. Have been cruising the forums for quite some time, but just registered. My vacation actually just came to an end today as I have taken a month off work and return tomorrow.

Anyways the review here is very thorough but I will throw in some random points from my perspective. This was the second cruise of my adult life - the previous was on the Monarch. Cruised a bit as a kid out of Vancouver on Princess and RCI. I was on deck three, outside view and was cruising with my girlfriend and both sets of our parents. Overall it was a great experience. My points that can add to this thread:

- my 3100 series cabin had the "new" shower. Exciting times.

- I was generally pleased with the service, however, it was inconsistent at times which was frustrating. Notably the spa. A partner booked a treatment prior to the cruise online. She decided to upgrade it when she got on board, and asked to add a pedi. They agreed and scheduled it for Day Two at whatever time; a letter came to our room confirming. She arrived at that time and was told she was an hour early. she came back an hour later and they only did one treatment and told her they wouldn't do the second. They booked her for the next day, and this time got the time off by two hours and did the wrong treatment. Anyways she eventually got a refund.

- I do not like My Time dining, but everyone else in my group did so I lost haha. Our serving staff was exceptional, however, we were not the only people that thought so and our waiter/assistant waiter were grotesquely overworked. The worst night took nearly three hours.

- Thank goodness the Ravens kept winning games, as I was concerned about a riot :D

- When leaving the ship on the last morning they had only one deck (2) using deck one's exits. Why? I was on deck three, and went down to deck one and beet my parents who followed direction by 45 minutes. They left their room before we did!

- Really enjoyed the food throughout. The pianist from the Schooner has already been commented on a bit, but I will also add my wow!

- The drink packages are interesting. Ignoring the fat the premium package cost a hundred bucks more than I paid for the cruise it seems like a decent idea. Had my parents not been there I would have gotten it. But no point being drunk everyday with them there.

Overall I really enjoyed my time. I did prefer the service on the Monarch in 2012, however, the Enchantment as a ship obviously blows it out of the water. We are now looking at a RCI Europe cruise for 2014.

Radio, I hope you are still checking in. I have a question that I haven't found an answer for yet.

DH and I have enjoyed retiring to the area behind the Viking Crown for his cigar and our wine every night on the Enchantment. Now that the area is the new concierge lounge, do you know where they allow cigar smoking onboard? Is it possible they leave the doors open late at night for anyone to enjoy what used to be the cigar connoisseur's lounge? We are D+, will have a key anyway but kind of doubt they'll let us do his cigar hour in there.

I'd like to see all the menus used on a 12 day cruise before setting sail so that we can plan our Chops nights. Does anyone have more menus than Radio has posted? I've seen Mojo, Saffron, Pimento, Pomodoro, Jasmine, Basil and Shiitake. Thanx.

I heard that there were a total of 10 menus. . . I suspect that a couple of them may be re used on a longer itinerary. . .

The 7 Menus that I scanned canned be viewed HERE

Radio

;);)

Radio, I hope you are still checking in. I have a question that I haven't found an answer for yet.

DH and I have enjoyed retiring to the area behind the Viking Crown for his cigar and our wine every night on the Enchantment. Now that the area is the new concierge lounge, do you know where they allow cigar smoking onboard? Is it possible they leave the doors open late at night for anyone to enjoy what used to be the cigar connoisseur's lounge? We are D+, will have a key anyway but kind of doubt they'll let us do his cigar hour in there.

I asked the Bar servers in the Viking Crown Lounge the same question. They suggested that Cigar smoking is allowed on the Starboard Side of the VCL after 9PM. Cigar smoking is never allowed in the Concierge or Diamond Lounge.

I often saw cigar smoking on Deck 9 (Port Side), near the Oasis Bar throughout the day.

Radio

;);)

I asked the Bar servers in the Viking Crown Lounge the same question. They suggested that Cigar smoking is allowed on the Starboard Side of the VCL after 9PM. Cigar smoking is never allowed in the Concierge or Diamond Lounge.

I often saw cigar smoking on Deck 9 (Port Side), near the Oasis Bar throughout the day.

Radio

;);)

Thanks Radio. We're going to miss our late night Enchantment cigar ritual back there and hope they continue on the starboard side of VCL.

Archived