"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas / Jan 5, 2013

Radio

About the sign on the bridge tour....

Did they explain why there are more people on board than lifeboat capacity? Not that there would ever be a need for it. Just puzzled about that.

I seen that to and was wondering as well. Maybe we will hear from here about it.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk please excuse typographical errors

Did they explain why there are more people on board than lifeboat capacity? Not that there would ever be a need for it. Just puzzled about that.

The sign says maximumum # of PAX in lifeboats 2574 and there are only 2443 PAX on board. Maybe they don't count the crew ???

Pax lifeboat capacity is for the solid lifeboats that hang on the side (sometimes used as tenders). Passengers would use these in an emergency. The crew life boats are the inflatable rafts that hang on side in barrel like containers. Other than the crew assigned to man the pax lifeboats, the rest of the crew would use those.

bobj

Hello everyone. . .Welcome to DAY 10 of “LIVE” from Enchantment of the Seas. I hit the rack early last night. I was really worn out, and I knew I would have to get up early today.

We arrived in the dark at about 6:30 this morning with very heavy fog. Actually we have had heavy fog since we entered the Chesapeake Bay. The fog horn sends a blast about every 2 minutes. . . The fog has cleared now, and the forecast is for a chance of rain but mild (56F) This is unusually warm for Baltimore in January.

The first Express debarkation passengers started leaving at 7:05AM. That means that all passengers will be off of the ship in about 2 ½ hours. I should be walking to the gangway by around 9:30AM.

It has been a great cruise, and I am grateful for all of the nice comments I have received for this post. When I get home I will re-read the thread , and I am sure that I may have missed a few questions that I will try to answer.

I still have many good photos that have not been posted, and I will upload all of the Menus and each daily Cruise Compass.

Thanks to everyone for tuning in. . . Farewell until my next “LIVE” report in May 2013.

Radio

We have arrived !

MAP21.jpg

The farewell show last night was very good. . .I was a little late arriving.

T1.JPG

The Cruise Director, and many of the crew came out to bid us farewell. . .

T2.JPG

We arrive to Cruise Maryland with heavy fog. . .

T3.JPG

Enchantment of the Seas approaches the pier slowly

T4.JPG

Darn. .. I guess it’s time to pack now. . . I will have to leave soon

T5.JPG

Pax lifeboat capacity is for the solid lifeboats that hang on the side (sometimes used as tenders). Passengers would use these in an emergency. The crew life boats are the inflatable rafts that hang on side in barrel like containers. Other than the crew assigned to man the pax lifeboats, the rest of the crew would use those.

bobj

Thanks for the information.

Archived