"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas / Jan 5, 2013

Radio

I cannot wait to get home today so that I can look through all of the pictures!!!! I'm so excited about the Centrium pics!

In October, we will be right around the corner from the R Bar on deck 4. Inside cabins, but I'm still excited!!

Oh, that reminds me... Radio, did you ever find out if there will be any upgrades to the inside cabins? They got the flat screens, right? How about bedding? I'd be happy with some new lipstick and rouge, nothing too big.

Do you happen to know if the main dining room offered the pay options...such as the Chops Grille steak for an upcharge? I didn't see it listed on any of the menus. Surely they wouldn't miss out on an opportunity to make more revenue....besides I really like that Chops Steak option. :-)

Hi Radio, Thanks so much for the pictures of this type of cabin, we are in one these on deck 8. It looks very roomy. I liked the one cabin better than the other with the sofa beside the window, it looks roomier. Wonder why they changed the configuration, maybe the desk wall acts as a sound barrier? The menus look wonderful. Hurry up Feb 4th...

Judy:)

Radio:

Usually I am a lurker on this site, but I have enjoyed reading your posts of this cruise and seeing your pictures.

The wife and I had a very enjoyable and relaxing cruise.

I hope that everyone in the main dining room had the same high quality of service as we did from our waiters Joseph Roco and Jose Lopez.

The service from those two great guys really made the cruise for us.

There was none on our 10 night Explorer cruise 11/13 either. We never did get a straight answer why, but its looking like it might be a fleet wide thing going on.

We were told RCCL wasn't able to get it from their supplier, thus they won't have any escargot on any of the ships.

Would like to see additional pictures of the menu board at Park Cafe at other times of the day and the rest of the MDR menus, when you have a chance.

Hi Deltablue! My other computer died and I lost your phone & email address. Write when you have a chance. We would love to connect with you again.

Regarding Amtrak, we always take it from Raleigh, NC to Baltimore. We've flown and driven but this is the only way we'll go! Six hrs of no hassle with other drivers on the road, DC traffic, or TSA security. And we actually arrived in Baltimore 20 min early and 25 min early into Raleigh. When we arrive at Penn Station in Baltimore we always take the complimentary Baltimore Circulator bus to the Inner Harbor, and our hotel is generally a block or two away.

We had a wonderful time on this B2B, and finally able to meet "Radio"! We hope to sail with you again! Thanks for your reviews and photos!

Lynn

Radio' date=' when did they finally take down the Christmas decorations? The Centrum looks great!... much more open/airy.[/quote']

They started taking them down while in San Juan, but finsished by the end of the Day on Wednesday (St Thomas USVI)

Radio

;);)

Radio:

Usually I am a lurker on this site, but I have enjoyed reading your posts of this cruise and seeing your pictures.

The wife and I had a very enjoyable and relaxing cruise.

I hope that everyone in the main dining room had the same high quality of service as we did from our waiters Joseph Roco and Jose Lopez.

The service from those two great guys really made the cruise for us.

The MDR service was wonderful. . . I ate there about 5 nights.

Radio

;);)

Do you happen to know if the main dining room offered the pay options...such as the Chops Grille steak for an upcharge? I didn't see it listed on any of the menus. Surely they wouldn't miss out on an opportunity to make more revenue....besides I really like that Chops Steak option. :-)

They offered several pay options. The menus that I posted were scanned from a book with the new menus that my brother brought back for me (from the Members cruise on Explorer in Nov 2012).

Radio

;);)

I would also like to thank Radio for another of your wonderful ‘live from’ reports.

Also, thanks for your sharing your GPS setup. For years I have been looking for this capability to receive GPS information and display it directly on my laptop. Before, I used an auto GPS and transferred data by hand to the laptop maps. I now have a GPSMAP 76csx receiver and will be able to display the real-time output on the computer with the DeLorme software. Also, with the Garmin BaseCamp software, I can import track data to the computer and overlay the track on Google Earth. So far, I have been very impressed with how this has been working.

Thanks again, you have provided the clues to be able to get this capability.

We are leaving for a B2B on Explorer next week and will get to try my new capability.

They offered several pay options. The menus that I posted were scanned from a book with the new menus that my brother brought back for me (from the Members cruise on Explorer in Nov 2012).

Radio

;);)

Thanks!!!!

I would also like to thank Radio for another of your wonderful ‘live from’ reports.

Also, thanks for your sharing your GPS setup. For years I have been looking for this capability to receive GPS information and display it directly on my laptop. Before, I used an auto GPS and transferred data by hand to the laptop maps. I now have a GPSMAP 76csx receiver and will be able to display the real-time output on the computer with the DeLorme software. Also, with the Garmin BaseCamp software, I can import track data to the computer and overlay the track on Google Earth. So far, I have been very impressed with how this has been working.

Thanks again, you have provided the clues to be able to get this capability.

We are leaving for a B2B on Explorer next week and will get to try my new capability.

I have a GPSMAP 76csx. What Delorme map software package are you using? Thanks

I have a GPSMAP 76csx. What Delorme map software package are you using? Thanks

I got Street Atlas USA 2013 Plus. I can get the same screen Radio shows with speed and course. But I haven't figured out how to show the whole trip. But the BaseCamp fron Garmin ( free download) imports data from internal memory to the computer, and it can be moved to Google Earth, which is neat. THey say the data can be stored in gpx format for other programs, but i did not see how to do that yet.

Viking Crown Lounge after a short rain

U21.JPG

Cornhole! This is the first that I've seen a cornhole set (the bag tossing games on the deck) in any cruise ship pictures. It's very popular around me (Cincinnati, OH) but not too well known elsewhere. The name always gets a few quizzical looks.

Radio - Great "LIVE" report as always. Love the ultra-wide lens shots from your GoPro. The curvature really adds a unique look.

Cornhole! This is the first that I've seen a cornhole set (the bag tossing games on the deck) in any cruise ship pictures. It's very popular around me (Cincinnati, OH) but not too well known elsewhere. The name always gets a few quizzical looks.

Radio - Great "LIVE" report as always. Love the ultra-wide lens shots from your GoPro. The curvature really adds a unique look.

We call it Hillbilly Horseshoes Very popular in the eastern panhandle of WV and western VA

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

It was fairly popular. More times than not, it was in use when I walked by during the normal day times. Interesting game as you can see, they have it set in an area where the wind can get channeled from the open pool deck back through the slot in between the center deck area and the outside windows, making a small wind-tunnel area. Introduces a rather random component to the game!

Theron

Radio, I'm sure this question is answered somewhere, but with the search function broken, I just have to ask around:

Can you compare the dinner menus at the main dining room and the buffet? I'm not sure I want to do all three formal nights, so I'm thinking of either going to Murano, or the buffet.

Apparently, on Celebrity, the menu is the same in the MDR and buffet, but I don't believe it is the case on RCCL. However, do they have some of the items available, or completely different menus?

Thanks!

It's been a few days now since I returned from the January 5th sailing, I wanted to follow up on the piano player in the Schooner Bar, a man named Danny Beal.

It's no secret that spending the last hour of most every evening in the Schooner Bar is one of the "things I do" on a cruise. And with due deference and complete agreement with Merion Mom's report that each of us have our own subjective impressions, I can also report that I thoroughly enjoyed every minute I spent listening to him.

Mr. Beal is a very talented entertainer, and although there is nothing particularly wrong with doing so, he does not use any sheet music, notebook of chords, or iPad full of songs or lyrics. It's all in his head! As with any person, obviously he doesn't know everything you might want to hear, but I was quite impressed with the wide range of songs he performed*.

It was also a privilege to spend a few minutes from time to time with him around the ship, hearing about his family and other personal life details.

One of the best songs he did was an original ballad of sorts, written about a man from his small hometown in Maine who recently passed away. I'm sure if you ask, he'll sing it for you, and it's well worth the listen. At the other end of the spectrum, he might pull out his rendition of Nessun Dorma, most recently made famous

(and yes, he hits the note at the end!)

So anyway, that's my two cents... if you happen to see him, tell him you read about him on Cruise Critic... he'll remember me from that. :)

Theron

* One example... every piano bar player knows "Piano Man", and a handful of other Billy Joel songs... when asked to play something a little off the beaten path, he pulls out Zanzibar! First time I've ever heard it played in a piano bar!

A friend who was on the Explorer in Dec. told me she was going into dry dock for an extended period of time, yet I know that Radio and others are cruising her in November and I see they are booking her into 2014, so i'm wondering if my friend misunderstood or didn't hear right.

Radio, do you or anyone else know anything about this?

Thanks,

Cheryl

A friend who was on the Explorer in Dec. told me she was going into dry dock for an extended period of time, yet I know that Radio and others are cruising her in November and I see they are booking her into 2014, so i'm wondering if my friend misunderstood or didn't hear right.

Radio, do you or anyone else know anything about this?

Thanks,

Cheryl

Yes, Explorer of the Seas is scheduled for her "Royal Advatages" upgrades in December 2014.

Radio

;);)

Radio, I'm sure this question is answered somewhere, but with the search function broken, I just have to ask around:

Can you compare the dinner menus at the main dining room and the buffet? I'm not sure I want to do all three formal nights, so I'm thinking of either going to Murano, or the buffet.

Apparently, on Celebrity, the menu is the same in the MDR and buffet, but I don't believe it is the case on RCCL. However, do they have some of the items available, or completely different menus?

Thanks!

Royal Caribbean serves many of the same menu items in the Windjammer and Main Dining areas. ..

Radio

;);)

Archived