"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas / Jan 5, 2013

Radio

Loved the Live report Mark. Thanks for sharing your cruise with us.

Meg, I didn't realize you were on this trip, too. I'd wondered where you were.

Ken, I hope Deb is feeling all better. Glad you guys had a great time!

I'm anxious for November......counting down :)

Hi Mark. I'm a retired Navy Captain. Just wanted to comment on your astute observation on hull rust. I can tell you, having been a surface sailor, that keeping up with the corrosive effects of salt air is a neverending struggle. I'm sure the ship came out of refit "virtuously white". Places like the Anchor Hawse pipe are always going to be a challenge to keep in that pristine state. I'm betting sometime on the current cruise, in one of the ports, the onboard "boatswains mates" will address this "blemish".

Continuously working/painting. When we arrived in Baltimore yesterday, they were painting the hull.

Welcome home, Mark!

Thanks, again, for taking us along on our virtual vacation! I'm sorry I never got the chance to sail on Enchantment from Baltimore. She's a beautiful ship. I'm still working on DH in order to sail on Grandeur.

I'll be tuning in to your next "Live from"...

Hello everyone. . . I was editing soem pics for my album, and found these pics on the editing room floor (of the Radio Press room)

Radio

Sunny Day starboard view

U17.JPG

Sky Bridge on Enchantment of the Seas

U18.JPG

Viking Crown Lounge after a short rain

U21.JPG

VCL from the ramp

U24.JPG

VCL has not been modified other than the CL and DL

U22.JPG

Viking Crown Lounge Bar

U23.JPG

Here are a few more. . .I'm sure I will find many more in the next few days.

Radio

Your Intrepid Reporter getting a view of the Starboard side

U27.JPG

My Fair Lady Main Dining Room

U28.JPG

The "SHINE" band played very well in the Centrum

U25.JPG

Centrum was very lit up at night

U26.JPG

Enchantment and Indy docked in Labadee

U19.JPG

Independence of the Seas

U20.JPG

That last post had some great super-wide shots. What lens what used? Appears to be in the range of 15-20mm.

Alot of these shots were done with a GoPro Hero HD Cam. . .It has an Ultra wide aspherical lens. . .I love it !

Thanks for the nice comments. . .

Radio

;);)

Here are a few more pics. . . from San Juan, and Labadee. . .

Radio

Enchantment of the Seas Dance Party (Deck 9)

U33.JPG

Royal Caribbean On-Line Internet Cafe on Deck 6

U32.JPG

Celebrity Silhouette and Enchantment of the Seas is San Juan

U29.JPG

Enchantment at Pier 3 in San Juan

U30.JPG

Wide Enchantment of the Seas

U31.JPG

Radio and Reyno at Barefoot beach in Labadee

L40.JPG

Hello everyone. . . Well I am home, and I feel like I need another vacation ! ...................

Since I have to work tomororw,

I'll sympathize as I'm in my first full 5 day work week of the year. So when in May are you going on Allure? ?Hopefully late May as I'll be getting off Allure on May 5th and I've been planning my next review for almost a year now :o I don't want to go head to head with you.

Radio, quick question. Do you remember what the minutes and prices were of the wifi plan? I'm trying to cover all bases as I'm being told that my unlimited international data plan MAY not cover the ship :)

Thanks in advance!

I ALSO was thinking I didn't know if I would hold my camera out like that, wondering how the winds were that day. You are a braver soul than I. LOL

Here are a few more pics. . . from San Juan, and Labadee. . .

Hi Mark,

Great photo of you and Reyno. First time I've seen him not in full Concierge dress uni. :)

Thanks, again, for all of the text and photos during your cruise.

Cheers!

...Karl

Good Morning Radio and it's been a pleasure "virtually" cruising with you. The photos are excellent and show just how lovely the ship is.

I am looking forward to my cruise even more now!

Thank you for doing the Live report. It's very helpful to many people, it brightens many a day.

Lastly, thank you for posting a photo of yourself. It's nice to be able to put a face with a name, so to speak.

I bet you'd be fun to go cruising with.

Ever thought of hosting a cruise? I am guessing there would be quite a few people interested.

Regards,

I can answer this one! as long as the ship is in the Bay you CAN & will pick up cell signal..I always use mine up until we get out of the Bay and then it gets shut off and put away

If you have a smart phone just make sure you have your data package shut off..you do NOT want to see the roaming charges on that..but when the ship is in the Bay they 'should' have the ships tower shut off so that you are not roaming ...I never was roaming while in the Bay !

How do we know if we are in the bay? I'm doing the same cruise soon. When about does roaming start? I know we hit the bay around wish but is it the entire first cruise day? Or is it like just the first evening onboard until we hit Virginia?

We can still get unlimited data plans with my work phone. One of the few perks of a government job

I don't think you can get unlimited International though. I may be wrong, but you usually have to pay for the data package, and texting isn't included as I was told even though I have unlimited data and texting.

I don't think you can get unlimited International though. I may be wrong, but you usually have to pay for the data package, and texting isn't included as I was told even though I have unlimited data and texting.

Trust me I know that the government plans still have that, now whether the ship itself is included was the question mark. Most providers do not offer unlimited plans to 'regular' customers. It's a government perk

Radio, thanks for the great report on your trip. I will be on Enchantment with my DH in May. It will be moved at that time to Port Canaveral, and will replace the old Monarch itinerary. Your beautiful photos gave me a pretty good idea of what we have to look forward to! Thanks again.

Radio, quick question. Do you remember what the minutes and prices were of the wifi plan? I'm trying to cover all bases as I'm being told that my unlimited international data plan MAY not cover the ship :)

Thanks in advance!

I ALSO was thinking I didn't know if I would hold my camera out like that, wondering how the winds were that day. You are a braver soul than I. LOL

The Internet Prices are reasonable. . . No Data Charges. . . .just minute fees.

The cost for Wi-Fi access through your own laptop is:

Base rate is $.65 per minute or choose from one of our prepaid packages:

$35 for 60 minutes

$55 for 100 minutes

$75 for 150 minutes

$100 for 250 minutes

$150 for 500 minutes

Radio

;);)

Archived