New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

We wanted to take advantage of the beverage pkg offer and coincidently a aft cabin became available. So we upgraded & TA said we got the beverage pkg. The TA confirmation shows the beverage pkg but it is not showing on our reservation on the Celebrity website. Should we be concerned???

Has anybody had any luck upgrading/changing to a different beverage package other than the premium alcohol package? My husband and 2 kids and I have 2 cabins - of the 4 of us, I'm the only one who plans to partake of alcohol on the cruise. :) I asked my agent, who called Celebrity and was told it's the classic package only. If that's the case, it's too bad - we are getting a package they sell for $308 when we really want the one they sell for $126 (premium non-alcohol).

I understand why they might not do this for an adult in the same cabin, but it seems like the 17yo & 20yo in their own cabin ought to get the premium NA package.

confused

does the drink package of liquor and wine have a daily limitation of how much you can drink?

which is the better of the 3 promotions

so confused

would love to try celebrity's new ship

thanks carol

Hi Carol, There is no daily limit on how many drinks you can order with the Classics drink package on the 123 go promo. There is a limit on the $value/drink, but it its still quite liberal and includes many beer, wine and cocktail choices. You can look at the Celebrity website and find the Classic drink package info about the variety of drinks included in the package. As for what the best bang for the buck is--well that's subjective, but in a word, the drinks package is a great deal, if you like to have alcoholic as well as sodas, bottled water, etc. If you're perfectly happy with regular coffee, tea, water, etc., then the OBC is a great option, or even the gratuities. It's a matter of personal preference, but at any rate, it's a very good promotion!

confused

does the drink package of liquor and wine have a daily limitation of how much you can drink?

which is the better of the 3 promotions

so confused

would love to try celebrity's new ship

thanks carol

Yes, you can drink until you pass out. :eek: Go for the drink package and the pre-paid gratuities.

Has anybody had any luck upgrading/changing to a different beverage package other than the premium alcohol package? My husband and 2 kids and I have 2 cabins - of the 4 of us, I'm the only one who plans to partake of alcohol on the cruise. :) I asked my agent, who called Celebrity and was told it's the classic package only. If that's the case, it's too bad - we are getting a package they sell for $308 when we really want the one they sell for $126 (premium non-alcohol).

I understand why they might not do this for an adult in the same cabin, but it seems like the 17yo & 20yo in their own cabin ought to get the premium NA package.

Hi Just Looking,

A similar scenario was posted in the FAQ. If the 2nd person in the cabin is not of age to drink, and you select the Beverage package option, it would only be applied to the adult. I hope this helps.

Here's a link to the FAQ : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1764876

What if a Parent & Child are sailing together (2 guests in the cabin). How would this be handled ? Would they be entitled to any segments of the promotion ? If so, if the parent selects the drink package, would the child be offered a Non-Alcoholic beverage package ?

They can choose the beverage package but it will only be applied to the adult, or they can choose the other offers OBC or free grats for both guests.

We wanted to take advantage of the beverage pkg offer and coincidently a aft cabin became available. So we upgraded & TA said we got the beverage pkg. The TA confirmation shows the beverage pkg but it is not showing on our reservation on the Celebrity website. Should we be concerned???

Hi Jelayne,

My guess is, it may never show on the Celebrity website. That I know of, promotions do not appear - but I've been asking Celebrity for this feature for years. It would surely reduce the amount of phone calls/inquiries they receive.

The good news : It will appear on the "Booking Confirmation - Guest Copy". Your TA can obtain this document for you, and email it to you. I hope this helps !

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Just Looking,

A similar scenario was posted in the FAQ. If the 2nd person in the cabin is not of age to drink, and you select the Beverage package option, it would only be applied to the adult. I hope this helps.

Here's a link to the FAQ : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1764876

What if a Parent & Child are sailing together (2 guests in the cabin). How would this be handled ? Would they be entitled to any segments of the promotion ? If so, if the parent selects the drink package, would the child be offered a Non-Alcoholic beverage package ?

They can choose the beverage package but it will only be applied to the adult, or they can choose the other offers OBC or free grats for both guests.

Thanks for the link. That's too bad. Our TA is offering a drink package/on board credit combo. So I can't switch out for prepaid gratuities for the kids. :(

Hi Jelayne,

My guess is, it may never show on the Celebrity website. That I know of, promotions do not appear - but I've been asking Celebrity for this feature for years. It would surely reduce the amount of phone calls/inquiries they receive.

The good news : It will appear on the "Booking Confirmation - Guest Copy". Your TA can obtain this document for you, and email it to you. I hope this helps !

Thanks for this information. I was told that the beverage package would NOT show up on Celebrity's site. My TA sent me an email with everything laid out and confirmed, but I'd feel better with something official from Celebrity.

Well, I rang Celebrity today and was told that I could only get the Classic Drinks package on our Infinity Sailing out of Harwich, if I had booked between Dec 15th & today.

The 123 promotion was for US only!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was what I expected, but I was upgraded for our Eclipse Cruise,from 2B to 1A, so I was very please about that, as it has saved me a few hundred £'s.

Andy, thanks for posting this. Last weekend I received an email alert from our TA as it impacted our 12/28 Eclipse cruise. She was eventually able to convert our reservation over to this promotion without us losing anything (group cabin rate and some other incentives she threw in).

Has anyone tried cancelling their reservation made directly with Celebrity and immediately rebooking with a TA? Can you do that and still get the 123 Go promotion? The room would be the same price, but the TA is offering prepaid gratuities, so I could get the beverage package deal from Celebrity and the gratuities from the TA.

To make it more complicated, the original booking was made onboard, and with only the $200 reduced deposit. Can I cancel that and get a full refund?

Thanks for any help.

Has anyone tried cancelling their reservation made directly with Celebrity and immediately rebooking with a TA? Can you do that and still get the 123 Go promotion? The room would be the same price, but the TA is offering prepaid gratuities, so I could get the beverage package deal from Celebrity and the gratuities from the TA.

To make it more complicated, the original booking was made onboard, and with only the $200 reduced deposit. Can I cancel that and get a full refund?

Thanks for any help.

Hi Alberta,

I'm reluctant to offer advice about cancelling and rebooking with a TA, as there's always a chance you can run into problems.

As for cancelling, do you have an actual booking ? If so, as long as you are before final payment, you should be able to receive a refund. If you book with a TA, you will pay a higher deposit, and would lose the OBC and any cabin upgrade you might have associated with your original booking. However, if you have a passages certificate, that's a different story. If so, please let us know.

The first thing I would do, is contact Celebrity, and ask if they would allow the cancel and rebook with a TA. I hope this helps !

Edited by Host Andy

Andy, thanks for posting this. Last weekend I received an email alert from our TA as it impacted our 12/28 Eclipse cruise. She was eventually able to convert our reservation over to this promotion without us losing anything (group cabin rate and some other incentives she threw in).

Hi Mahdnc,

Glad to see it worked out well for you. Have a wonderful time on Eclipse !

Emailed customer relations. They called within the hour and offered us the drink package. We lost the $300 onboard credit and our room went up a little but since we had planned on buying drink package it was still a few hundred dollar savings.

Thanks for your replies

Hi Bob,

Are you a US resident ? If so, then I highly suggest calling again. The reality is, since you are past final payment, it's up to Celebrity. With that said, I feel you have a chance of success. For what it's worth, others past final payment have reported obtaining the promotion. I'd certainly mention that when you call again. I'd also mention that the new booking rule should not apply, though if the rate is higher, then you would have to pay the prevailing rate. It may not be as simple as a free add-on.

Please let us know what happens. Good Luck !

Thanks for your quick response Host Andy.

So, as an update, I called my TA and she said 100% for sure it will work and I called Celebrity and they said cancelling and rebooking with my TA would be no problem and that I could get the 123 Go sale still and they cancelled my booking without any issue.

I am now rebooked through my TA and she confirmed I got the Classic Beverage Package with the premium upgrade for the 123 Go sale and prepaid gratuities from my TA. As an FYI, my room was the exact price we had previously paid, so no loss there.

I'm not 100% sure if this was worth the stress at this point, I won't stop worrying about it until I have confirmation of the beverage package being applied and I lost my 8:30 dining and I'm now on the wait list. We have friends with us that have the 8:30 dining so I hope that works out! Totally didn't think about that when I was looking at doing this. Anyone have any thoughts on the chance of getting into the 8:30 dining before April?

So, it appears to have worked, but anyone looking to do this, I would take Host Andy's advice and call Celebrity and have them confirm first and have a very good assurance from your TA! Way too much stress!

We just got back from a Celebrity cruise to the Western Carribean and couldn't be more excited to book another trip to Europe!

Our preferred TA had a great offer - they were giving $190 OBC for Cat 08 and $215 OBC for Cat 07 in addition to the "123 Go!" offer. The TA online site said they would give the drink package and the gratuities + the TA OBC but we called and asked if instead of the drink package they would give the $300 OBC (since we don't really drink, at least not $300 worth) and they said yes!

So we are now booked in cabin 7102 (forward facing middle ship) for the 12 Night Venice Overnight cruise leaving on November 13th out of Barcelona :D

Anyone else sailing this cruise or have any reviews on the forward facing cabin Cat 07 on the Equinox?

We are SO excited for our first 7+ day cruise as well as our first European cruise!

I purchased two $500 GCs with the $500 match last month and booked two cabins on a 15 day Panama Canal Cruise. When I did the math on this new promotion, I was unhappy because the drink package would have been worth much more than $500. (side note - they keep saying it is worth $88 per day, but since it includes the gratuities, it is actually worth $101.20 per day.)

My cabin has not increased since last month, so I called my TA and asked if I could give up the $500 match and take the 123 Go promo instead. It took awhile, but it worked! And ironically, since my TA is giving OBC based on the dollar amount of the cruise, I actually got $70 more OBC once the $500 credit from X was removed! So I gave up $500 credit, got back $70 in additional OBC, and got $1320 worth of drinks PLUS the $198 in saved gratuities...for each cabin! I am a very happy cruiser right now.

I'm pleased with Celebrity!

I have a reservation that is paid in full and in penalties for the Silhouette 2/24. I called Celebrity and asked if I upgraded my cabin category and went with their prevailing rate instead of the resident rate if they would honor the drinks package. They said yes! I was prepared to be disappointed. I did have to pay $130 more per person and we will pay the $80.50 to upgrade to the premium drinks package but when I priced it out, we were still saving over $500 so it turned out to be worth it. We hadn't planned on getting the drinks package but it's nice to have it so that we can enjoy drinks without really worrying about what the bar bill will be at the end of the cruise. I also drink a lot of water so very much worth it for us.

I really anticipated a no because my booking was paid in full and I could not cancel and rebook. Plus, my cruise wasn't booked during the booking dates.

This is my first Celebrity cruise and I must say, I'm impressed with how they handled this.

I'm pleased with Celebrity!

I have a reservation that is paid in full and in penalties for the Silhouette 2/24. I called Celebrity and asked if I upgraded my cabin category and went with their prevailing rate instead of the resident rate if they would honor the drinks package. They said yes! I was prepared to be disappointed. I did have to pay $130 more per person and we will pay the $80.50 to upgrade to the premium drinks package but when I priced it out, we were still saving over $500 so it turned out to be worth it. We hadn't planned on getting the drinks package but it's nice to have it so that we can enjoy drinks without really worrying about what the bar bill will be at the end of the cruise. I also drink a lot of water so very much worth it for us.

I really anticipated a no because my booking was paid in full and I could not cancel and rebook. Plus, my cruise wasn't booked during the booking dates.

This is my first Celebrity cruise and I must say, I'm impressed with how they handled this.

We sail in less than 30 days and i too was able to get the drink package. We had already booked the nonalcoholic package and we did have to pay 222$ more so we will be credited 231 for our nonalcoholic pkg and be charged 222 ....we basically got upgraded from non alcohol to alcohol...we dont drink that much so we never would have wanted to pay full price for this package.

Kudos to celeb for allowing us to get the promo....

Just wanted to add my experience to the list.

Well past final payment for our 2/17 Silhouette cruise. Today I called my TA who called X. In exchange for paying the prevailing rate and giving up our previous $100 OBC (from having booked onboard), we were able to get the drink package.

What we ended up with as a price difference is:

+$300 more cruise fare

+$100 lost in OBC

-$25 extra OBC from TA

-$50 dining credit

------

+$325 more for a classic drink package for 2. Still below the cost even if X offers a 10% discount.

We're pretty happy. They didn't have to offer it, since we're past final payment, but I'm pleased that they did.

Edited by huskerc

YES--others that have fully paid--have been able to get the deal.....if the cabin price has gone up, you may have to pay the difference......so one has to do the math and see if it is to their benefit...........Search may not be working,but there are mnay 1,2,3 go threads, one just has to scroll down a bit