New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

??

1-2-3.

Two of the three options are in consideration of those that do not drink, so your wish has already been answered.

It would be more financially beneficial to get a drink package because I was planning on buying one, that is what I am talking about (and asking about.) Seems silly that there is no option to choose the less expensive package if you don't drink.

Hi Host Anne,

I've heard conflicting answers on whether a Guest will be able to upgrade to premium when onboard. As I've mentioned elsewhere on this thread, (and I totally agree with you), that if anyone desires the premium upgrade, I'd add it to your booking before the promotion ends. To me, it doesn't make sense to wait beyond the offer, and then *possibly* find out the upgrade is no longer available. Besides, it's your vacation. Who needs the hassle ? :)

If I hear anything further on this item, I will post again.

Andy: It would be great if you could contact the Celebrity person who posts on these boards from time to time and ask them to make a post that would make this a little clearer. The answer to when and how to upgrade seems very elusive and also seems to differ between those booking with a TA and those booking direct through Celebrity. A definitive statement on the proper upgrade procedure in each scenario would be very helpful as the premium upgrade is important to many of us. Maybe this could be added to the sticky - assuming you with the power to close a thread could also open it for one more response.

Edited by Lsimon

Andy: It would be great if you could contact the Celebrity person who posts on these boards from time to time and ask them to make a post that would make this a little clearer. The answer to when and how to upgrade seems very elusive and also seems to differ between those booking with a TA and those booking direct through Celebrity. A definitive statement on the proper upgrade procedure in each scenario would be very helpful as the premium upgrade is important to many of us. Maybe this could be added to the sticky - assuming you with the power to close a thread could also open it for one more response.

Hi Larry,

I'm already working on it. I'm not sure if Celebrity's corporate offices are open on Monday, but will try to obtain a response, or see if they wish to update their FAQ.

Hi Larry,

I'm already working on it. I'm not sure if Celebrity's corporate offices are open on Monday, but will try to obtain a response, or see if they wish to update their FAQ.

I totally agree to "Wednesday" that Celebrity seems to have forgotten our kind of people that don't drink much. Could you possible enquire if there's is a chance to add the Premium Non-Alcoholic Package for a smaller fee, like 4 $ a day or so? I can't believe that an upgrade to the Premium Alcoholic P. is possible without any problems but that nobody thought of people who prefer sparkling water to Martinis??? :rolleyes:

Hi Andy,

it is great to read that somebody from Celebrity Management team (E.S.P. Manager) stated that Celebrity is interested in every customer should get the best cruise deal.

I have been in contact with Celebrity cruises in Germany and asking about the possibility to benefit from the 1-2-3 promo and I have received always a firm and once a rude "No!" as my Transatlantic cruise with Equinox in April 2013 was already reserved in July 2012.

I have not taken any advantage like a special offer or even OBC, so it would be good if I could benefit from the 1-2-3 promo.

Will call Celebrity in DE tomorrow morning and I am prepared to receive additional unwilling excuse "Not for your cruise." Wonder if they are aware that Corporate Celebrity is posting on cruisecritics forum and they should do business according to Corporate guidelines. For them the www and forum information is just insufficient information.

My friends from the US called Celebrity US and were told that DE customers will benefit although the cruise is reserved, but needs to handled by Celebrity DE.

I sent an email inquiry to state my concern about the service I have received with customer service in DE to Corporate Celebrity on January 11 and received a confirmation that they received the inquiry - but no anwer yet. I suppose they a swammed with emails.

Please cross your fingers for me that Celebrity DE understands the directions from the E.S.P Manager and is willing to grant me the beverage package.

Simone

I totally agree to "Wednesday" that Celebrity seems to have forgotten our kind of people that don't drink much. Could you possible enquire if there's is a chance to add the Premium Non-Alcoholic Package for a smaller fee, like 4 $ a day or so? I can't believe that an upgrade to the Premium Alcoholic P. is possible without any problems but that nobody thought of people who prefer sparkling water to Martinis??? :rolleyes:

Yes! Host Andy, if you don't mind, can you inquire about this as well? It would be most appreciated! :)

We got the 1, 2 3 offer appllied for our March 2013 cruise,,,the condition for us was that our pricing had not gone up and we gave up $100 OBC..seems like a good deal!

Even though I do not drink alcohol it seems worth it for the juice, water, tea etc. and DH can enjoy whatever is included... ...

I can also cancel my pre-paid soda package. Although we get alot of that stuff in AQ and as Elite, still seems it will pay off.

I will also be printing out the Classic package info to take on board just to be sure of what is & is not included..seems to be more complicated than it should be!!

Hi

I have seen conflicting information on this....is the prepaid gratuity option on the 123go! promotion available if you choose the select dining (anytime dining option)...trying to decide on which packages to choose for a European cruise. Also what is the value per day $10 or $11.50 or something else?

Hi

I have seen conflicting information on this....is the prepaid gratuity option on the 123go! promotion available if you choose the select dining (anytime dining option)...trying to decide on which packages to choose for a European cruise. Also what is the value per day $10 or $11.50 or something else?

Its $10 a day (classic pkg)PLUS the 15% gratuity, thus $11.50

Its $10 a day (classic pkg)PLUS the 15% gratuity, thus $11.50

I believe they are asking about the daily gratuity charge, not the cost of the upgrade from Classic to premium.

The daily gratuity charge will vary by the room category. I know mine for the CC level is $12 a day. The balcony rooms are $11.50. I'm not sure about the inside and oceanview. I do know the suites are a little higher due to the butler but not sure how much. It's all on the X website.

Has anyone seen the classic beverage package show up on their reservation? We upgraded on Jan 7 and here it is almost two weeks later and it still is not showing up on My Celebrity. At first I heard 10 days, but then it turned into "up to 6 weeks".....but we leave in 4!!!! I tried to call today to check on it, but they are closed, so I'll have to check tomorrow. :(

Hi Andy,

it is great to read that somebody from Celebrity Management team (E.S.P. Manager) stated that Celebrity is interested in every customer should get the best cruise deal.

I have been in contact with Celebrity cruises in Germany and asking about the possibility to benefit from the 1-2-3 promo and I have received always a firm and once a rude "No!" as my Transatlantic cruise with Equinox in April 2013 was already reserved in July 2012.

I have not taken any advantage like a special offer or even OBC, so it would be good if I could benefit from the 1-2-3 promo.

Will call Celebrity in DE tomorrow morning and I am prepared to receive additional unwilling excuse "Not for your cruise." Wonder if they are aware that Corporate Celebrity is posting on cruisecritics forum and they should do business according to Corporate guidelines. For them the www and forum information is just insufficient information.

My friends from the US called Celebrity US and were told that DE customers will benefit although the cruise is reserved, but needs to handled by Celebrity DE.

I sent an email inquiry to state my concern about the service I have received with customer service in DE to Corporate Celebrity on January 11 and received a confirmation that they received the inquiry - but no anwer yet. I suppose they a swammed with emails.

Please cross your fingers for me that Celebrity DE understands the directions from the E.S.P Manager and is willing to grant me the beverage package.

Simone

Hi Simone - first of all: Welcome to Cruise Critic! This forum has taught me so much about cruising and I have received so many helpful answers and met quite a lot of wonderful people on the roll calls of the cruises we have joined!

I can underline each and every sentence you wrote about the answers you got from your Celebrity representatives and I keep moaning about the different positions Celebrity management seems to keep about their own promotions they offer.

I tried the same - changing one of my reservations to the 123-promo as so many of CC members have been able to - and similarlarly was told "No". My "NO" was really nice, friendly and polite but very firm, even after I gave them some references in writing ( see post 630 on this thread).

I'd be happy to know if you were able to get an answer from Celebrity's main customer service and I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll get your package for your cruise - please keep us informed!

Hi Anjnshelly,

I have not tried booking online, but I'm not totally surprised to hear it's not working properly. For now, I believe you can do a courtesy hold. I suggest either calling Celebrity and booking direct, or contact their web support team at 1-800-722-5941.

I hope this helps !

I did just this, put it on hold and called just now since they were closed last night. I called the main number and mentioned the 123 promotion. I wanted the drink package and asked if I could upgrade to premium and she said absolutely. Just an FYI as I know people have been told different things. She said it would appear as an extra charge on the booking after the coupon redemption team had processed it.

For some reason it was also asking for full payment, even though it is for April 2014. She was able to give me the $250 reduced deposit.

I am currently booked in a cabin that could accommodate a third person but I am past full payment date for two people in the cabin on the 123 promotion (beverage package selected for both guests). If my daughter decides she would like to also go on the cruise and share the cabin is it possible to add a third person with this promotion? Would she also have to take the beverage package and if so, what would be the extra cost OR could we just pay the extra person cost to add her and have her not do a beverage package?

Thank you!

Has anyone seen the classic beverage package show up on their reservation? We upgraded on Jan 7 and here it is almost two weeks later and it still is not showing up on My Celebrity. At first I heard 10 days, but then it turned into "up to 6 weeks".....but we leave in 4!!!! I tried to call today to check on it, but they are closed, so I'll have to check tomorrow. :(

Have you noticed how many times Host Andy has mentioned they probably won't show up on your My Celebrity? He said it will show just on your invoice. Until people start reporting that they are showing online I'm going with his answer as he's more informed on this than most of us.

I don't know all the answers to your questions, but I'm sure the 123 promotion only applies to two people per cabin. We have a cabin booked for three adults, on a cruise in April 2014, and the beverage package is only included for two people.

I am currently booked in a cabin that could accommodate a third person but I am past full payment date for two people in the cabin on the 123 promotion (beverage package selected for both guests). If my daughter decides she would like to also go on the cruise and share the cabin is it possible to add a third person with this promotion? Would she also have to take the beverage package and if so, what would be the extra cost OR could we just pay the extra person cost to add her and have her not do a beverage package?

Thank you!

Sorry QRV, but I still don't have it showing on my invoice either!!! Nor on my eDocs. Guess I just have to "trust" that it's ok and hope all is as expected? Can I tell Celebrity that QRV promises all is well?

Edited by CaroleSS

Thank you!

I was well past final pymt and was still able to get 1-2-3

Right - but I don't think you can add a third person to the promotion if they're in the same cabin. We only got two Beverage Packages as part of the 123 promotion, even though there will be three adults in our cabin.

I was well past final pymt and was still able to get 1-2-3

I'm going to provide answers I was given last week when I asked many of the same questions some of you are asking:

WHO QUALIFIES FOR 1-2-3 PROMOTION

US and Canadian citizens is what I was told. I specifically asked because we have friends from the UK sailing with us. The onboard rep told me that unfortunately, the Celebrity UK/European office decided NOT to participate in this promotion. The info sheet we were provided did not state this so that's why I asked.

GRATUITIES

The sheet I received (and am looking at) states that free pre-paid gratuities for two with a value of up to $30 per day ($15 per person per day). No reference is made to anytime dining. They are pre-paying your gratuities so which dining option you have shouldn't matter.

THIRD/FOURTH PASSENGERS

Third and fourth passengers are NOT eligible for this promotion. Only the first and second passenger in a cabin are eligible. I asked that question as well.

EUROPEAN SAILINGS

Remember if you choose a European sailing during the promotion dates, you can choose TWO of the THREE promotions.

PROMOTION CAN CHANGE AT ANY TIME

The fine print states that Celebrity can change this promotion at any time. They already have. The original promotion was set to end on Jan. 27. It has been extended to Feb. 18th. Nothing else, however, has changed at this point.

Hope this information helps.

Thank you!

Hi Shark,

Per the terms of the offer, its for 2 guests per cabin, so I highly doubt any additions would be allowed.

Edited by Host Andy

Sorry QRV, but I still don't have it showing on my invoice either!!! Nor on my eDocs. Guess I just have to "trust" that it's ok and hope all is as expected? Can I tell Celebrity that QRV promises all is well?

Hi Carole,

How soon are you cruising ? If it's not anytime soon, I wouldnt worry about it. I'd check in a week or 10 days, and ask for another booking confirmation. I'm sure it will all work out fine.

Thanks Andy,

We are sailing in 4 weeks, upgraded on Jan 7. We have our eDocs and luggage tags. I've asked for an updated invoice on several occasions and have just been told to be patient. Wait times have exceed 30 minutes and as of yet, I have nothing.

As all this was done over the phone, I really have no "proof" that it has been done (or hasn't), I am just concerned, but have resigned myself to simply trusting. Not sure what my recourse is if we show up and there is nothing on our account.

I don't really think I'm asking for much, just a quick confirmation email.....or something!

I did just this, put it on hold and called just now since they were closed last night. I called the main number and mentioned the 123 promotion. I wanted the drink package and asked if I could upgrade to premium and she said absolutely. Just an FYI as I know people have been told different things. She said it would appear as an extra charge on the booking after the coupon redemption team had processed it.

For some reason it was also asking for full payment, even though it is for April 2014. She was able to give me the $250 reduced deposit.

Thanks for this info, I was just going to ask about the ability to upgrade the package to Premium. Wish I'd thought to put the reservation on hold - I think I was charged the full deposit, instead of 50%, although I don't actually know what a full deposit would be on a PC cruise... maybe it was 50%.

Anyone heard if you can get one of the beverage packages converted to a premium non-alcohol package?