New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

[quote name='Host Andy']Hi Jade,

That I know of, and from several other member reports, the answer is no. However, I have passed along the suggestion to Celebrity. Perhaps they will take it into consideration.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much, Andy! I hope Celebrity takes a look at this thread and notices that there are a group of us that would prefer the Premium non- alcohol, which is a cheaper package but better suited for some of us.

Any idea how we will know if they decide to allow this?

[quote name='Tampa Jim']Booking thru 1/27 for cruises 2/13 thru 4/14. We are in the process of making another reservation for next March. This will allow us to lock in the 1-2-3-Go! beverage package.[/QUOTE]

It has been reported here that it is going to be extended to 2/18/13 to book.

I received an email from celebrity (by mistakes?) About 6 or so weeks ago offering free beverage packages on European sailing for UK residents only. I think this has already been mentioned but that promotion was definitely not available to US residents. Why didn't some of the UK residents that are so upset about this issue book several weeks ago when a similar offer was presented? Not sure why celebrity offers these promotions to certain residents only but I would have been eligible for that promotion as it included inside cabins if it had been a available to US residents since this one does not.

[quote name='publicpersona']I believe it also does not apply to GTY rates. If you booked, say, an $899 GTY and the minimum stateroom in the guarantee category is now $1029, then the first thing you have to do is pay the $130 difference, then lose any Celebrity promotion (we had shareholder benefit applied), and then any change fee your TA imposes. That works out to about $175 each for us to stay in the same cat stateroom but to get the package. I decided I couldn't drink enough to make that worthwhile since we already get Elite drinks and will bring two bottles with us.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jade13']I do not know if this was answered already, but can you combine the 123 Go promotion with the low deposit for booking onboard? I know you cannot combine with the OBC credit offered, but what about the low deposit and ability to use your $100.00 deposit?

We did this for an Xpedition cruise were we used our onboard booking for 2 named guests and only $200.00 down (but do not get the credit).[/QUOTE]

(I only quoted two messages above, but the reply below applies to several more)

It's all about the booking code/price program. For us/can bookings, If its a fivestar or "group x" rate (applicable for groups only) it qualifies, otherwise it doesnt. No other offers, including resident, shareholder, exciting deals, etc, apply. You can move an existing Rez into the promotion, but you lose any previous offers (incl any OBC), and must book at the prevailing fivestar rate. Your TA can easily see in cruisingpower which rates are fivestar rates (they all start FST...). Unfortunately there is no easy way for a consumer to know if a rate shown on celebritycruise.com qualifies. You can use your open passage, but you forego the OBC and you may need to "make up" the difference between your $100 deposit and the current 50% deposit offer. You cannot take advantage of Amex platinum cruise privileges or the elite "2 category upgrade" benefit, or in fact any other special price or benefit program.

And for those who asked about the expiration date, all of the flyers now show the revised expiration of feb 18 (sail by April 2104).

For those looking for a revised invoice, your TA can easily generate one in cruisingpower. We booked under 123go and our invoice reflected this within 24 hours. Your TA needs to explicitly go to cruisingpower and choose which offer you want, or none will be applied. You can upgrade to the premium beverage package at any time during the promotion and if you fail to pay for it the cost will be added to your on board account. I do not know if you can upgrade aboard, but if it were me I would not risk it. There are no substitutions for the beverage package.

@chrishb,
I have phoned Celebrity DE today - still a firm, but this time a polite! "No".
They asked me to forward them the information from this thread (especially post #630) via my TA and wanted to contact the headquarter in the US.
They cannot promise anything, but they will do a follow-up. The represent of Celebrity was embarrassed to hear that the US is breaking their own communicated rules.

As the promotion is extended for another two weeks, there is a good chance that my email to the Customer service department that is answered in time - although it is already open for nine working days now. Mmmhmm, is the respond time not 48 hours?!?

Currently, everybody outside the US is treated like a five-year old boy / girl standing outside a candy shop with no allowance to get in. I do not want to be the girl standing outside the candy shop.

Please Celebrity, I would like to receive a valid and fair explanation why a global company is not treating the customers fair and equally.

[SIZE=1][quote name='Tennant']I received an email from celebrity (by mistakes?) About 6 or so weeks ago offering free beverage packages on European sailing for UK residents only. I think this has already been mentioned but that promotion was definitely not available to US residents. Why didn't some of the UK residents that are so upset about this issue book several weeks ago when a similar offer was presented? Not sure why celebrity offers these promotions to certain residents only but I would have been eligible for that promotion as it included inside cabins if it had been a available to US residents since this one does not.[/quote][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1] [/SIZE]
The drinks package that was released in the Uk for bookings from 10th Dec only applied to two ships. Generally going to Norway. At this time I was onboard Constellation and as a non US or CA citizen could not partake of the super deal at that time of $1000 0BC.

It is my understanding that the 123 deal applies to some 450 sailings,(including anywhere in Europe) but I stand to be corrected..........[I] "With as many as 450 cruises sailing from February 2013 to April 2014, you're sure to find the perfect vacation and the perfect offer to go with it."[/I]

Yes, folks in Europe are a bit upset about these double standards. Edited by roygg

[quote name='roygg'][SIZE=1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1] [/SIZE]
The drinks package that was released in the Uk for bookings from 10th Dec only applied to two ships. Generally going to Norway. At this time I was onboard Constellation and as a non US or CA citizen could not partake of the super deal at that time of $1000 0BC.

It is my understanding that the 123 deal applies to some 450 sailings,(including anywhere in Europe) but I stand to be corrected..........[I] "With as many as 450 cruises sailing from February 2013 to April 2014, you're sure to find the perfect vacation and the perfect offer to go with it."[/I]

Yes, folks in Europe are a bit upset about these double standards.[/QUOTE]

Well that is not expressly true as it applied to all cruises leaving from the UK which covers a lot more than Norway. Not sure why you don't find this to be a double standard for US residents. I realized that this current special offer applies to more cruises but Celebrity is also offering deals that aren't available to US residents. I think the main point is that Celebrity should not offer deals by country of citizenship.

Can someone please explain the drink package to me as far as if you don't drink? I thought with the alcoholic package you get both alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages so why is everyone who does not drink trying to get the lesser package:confused::confused::confused:

[quote name='zales']Can someone please explain the drink package to me as far as if you don't drink? I thought with the alcoholic package you get both alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages so why is everyone who does not drink trying to get the lesser package:confused::confused::confused:[/QUOTE]

Apparently the Classic alcohol package does not include a few items that the Premium nonalcoholic does, like Red Bull, smoothies, and vitamin water.

[quote name='wisisato']@chrishb,
I have phoned Celebrity DE today - still a firm, but this time a polite! "No".
They asked me to forward them the information from this thread (especially post #630) via my TA and wanted to contact the headquarter in the US.
They cannot promise anything, but they will do a follow-up. The represent of Celebrity was embarrassed to hear that the US is breaking their own communicated rules.

As the promotion is extended for another two weeks, there is a good chance that my email to the Customer service department that is answered in time - although it is already open for nine working days now. Mmmhmm, is the respond time not 48 hours?!?

Currently, everybody outside the US is treated like a five-year old boy / girl standing outside a candy shop with no allowance to get in. I do not want to be the girl standing outside the candy shop.

Please Celebrity, I would like to receive a valid and fair explanation why a global company is not treating the customers fair and equally.[/QUOTE]

Since I have read all the comments I am now curious.

Are you saying/complaining that UK residents cannot book a new cruise and ge the benefit of the 1-2-3 program? Is that true?

Or are you complaining that UK residents cannot add the 1-2-3 program to a booking made before the program was introduced?

Thanks.

[quote name='stellarose']the classic package does include smoothies. its listed on the sheet. where did it state no smoothies???
we got the classic bev package free with the 123 promotion and I am hoping for smoothies.

?? confused???[/quote]

What "sheet" did you see smoothies listed on in regards to the classic package?

If you look at the beverage package descriptions on Celebrity's web site [URL="http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/tabLanding.do?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages#onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic_tab/onboard/asrPanel.do%3Fpagename=onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic"]<<<Click here for a link>>>[/URL] you'll see that the classic non-alcoholic package lists several types of items but does not include smoothies. The Premium non-alcoholic package is described the same way but specifically mentions smoothies and several other items not mentioned in the description of the classic package. The classic and premium packages both are described as having the benefits of the respective non-alcoholic packages plus alcoholic drinks up to certain price levels.

The bottom line is that while there isn't anything that states in writing what is not included in the classic packages there is a presumption that only the items that they state are included will be. Edited by Lsimon

[quote name='jagoffee']Since I have read all the comments I am now curious.

Are you saying/complaining that UK residents cannot book a new cruise and ge the benefit of the 1-2-3 program? Is that true?

Or are you complaining that UK residents cannot add the 1-2-3 program to a booking made before the program was introduced?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

UK residents cannot take advantage of the current 123 deal at any point, from booking a 'new' cruise to amending an existing booking. I have been told it is for US citizens only :(

[quote name='SusieV']Apparently the Classic alcohol package does not include a few items that the Premium nonalcoholic does, like Red Bull, smoothies, and vitamin water.[/QUOTE]

There are also some of the fancier coffee drinks that are not included at least that was my understanding on our last cruise when I had premium non-alcoholic and my husband had the classic non-alcoholic. I have also read that on here but it is all so confusing that I would just rather have the one I know will cover what I want.

[quote name='Lsimon']What "sheet" did you see smoothies listed on in regards to the classic package?

If you look at the beverage package descriptions on Celebrity's web site [URL="http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/tabLanding.do?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages#onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic_tab/onboard/asrPanel.do%3Fpagename=onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic"]<<<Click here for a link>>>[/URL] you'll see that the classic non-alcoholic package lists several types of items but does not include smoothies. The Premium non-alcoholic package is described the same way but specifically mentions smoothies and several other items not mentioned in the description of the classic package. The classic and premium packages both are described as having the benefits of the respective non-alcoholic packages plus alcoholic drinks up to certain price levels.

The bottom line is that while there isn't anything that states in writing what is not included in the classic packages there is a presumption that only the items that they state are included will be.[/quote]

I asked our TA because the Classic Alcohol Package does not include a lot of things in the Premium Non Alcohol package such as the premium waters that we are interested in, but Celebrity will not substitute although the Premium Non Alcohol Package is (much) cheaper than the Classic Alcohol Package. I actually think this will confuse a lot of people.

In any event [U]if you are a non alcohol drinker it is still cheaper (maybe on most cruises) to get the Classic Alcohol package in the promo and pay the $11.50 per person per day upgrade to the Premium Alcohol package just so you can get everything in the Premium Non Alcoholic Package (which would be $18.00 per day on its own).[/U] Edited by Jade13

Just a thought - Celebrity could offer us non US guests 50 per cent off gratuities or 50 per cent off the classic beverage package for the rest of the time left on their current US 123 go promotion for all new and exisiting non US resident bookings...

Might just win my vote back for Celebrity cruising and get me to buy a package that I would not have thought of at full price......

Go on Celebrity make my day... Edited by jerseylily
typo

We ( from Belgium ) called Celebrity directly and got the free beverage package without questions asked. Instead of one cruise, we booked three :-) didn't initially plan this, so their promotion definitely works out for them.

Hopefully the cruises are of same overall quality as the last one and celebrity doesn't sacrifice on the service part or food quality.

Sven

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

[quote name='SvenVR73']We ( from Belgium ) called Celebrity directly and got the free beverage package without questions asked. Instead of one cruise, we booked three :-) didn't initially plan this, so their promotion definitely works out for them.

Hopefully the cruises are of same overall quality as the last one and celebrity doesn't sacrifice on the service part.
Sven[/QUOTE]

Did you phone the USA or a Belgium office?

[quote]I received an email from celebrity (by mistakes?) About 6 or so weeks ago offering free beverage packages on European sailing for UK residents only. ----Why didn't some of the UK residents that are so upset about this issue book several weeks ago when a similar offer was presented? Not sure why celebrity offers these promotions to certain residents only but I would have been eligible for that promotion as it included inside cabins if it had been a available to US residents since this one does not.[/quote]

There were only a selection of cruises available, although the advertising said on sailings from Southampton & Harwich. It didn't include our TA on October 24.
I did ask Celebrity UK when I phoned and I was told ' only if I had booked from 15th December.'

I also mentioned that I was sent an email about the 123 promotion. The answer, 'you must have registered with Celebrity.com' ( not Celebrity.co.uk) Edited by upwarduk

We gave up ... our senior discount, our resident discount, our shareholder OBC and all promotional rates just to get the Classic beverage package. We weighed it all out and felt that we still came out ahead.

As US residents, we get scalded with the prices on European sailings during season ... so I guess everyone gets a turn in the barrel, per se.

[quote name='ORV']Does anyone think it odd that the Classic package includes wines up to $8 per glass but only beers up to $5?

Not a big beer drinker but if I were this would annoy me.[/quote]

It's because most of the 'good' beers cost more than $5, but most of the 'good' wines are more than $8. All part of the game to get you to buy the Premium package.

[quote name='Tampa Jim']As US residents, we get scalded with the prices on European sailings during season ... so I guess everyone gets a turn in the barrel, per se.[/QUOTE]

European sailings are always expensive in the school holidays.

Our Caribbean cruise (23rd March) is highly inflated, as it is over the Easter holiday period.

[quote name='Tampa Jim']We gave up ... our senior discount, our resident discount, our shareholder OBC and all promotional rates just to get the Classic beverage package. We weighed it all out and felt that we still came out ahead.

As US residents, we get scalded with the prices on European sailings during season ... so I guess everyone gets a turn in the barrel, per se.[/QUOTE]

I was curious about shareholder credit....

So its out with 1-2-3?????