Private Breakfast Dining Rooms for Suites

travelgirl4ever

When I was on the Jewel in September, Ruth told me that she would be leaving the Jewel for the Breakaway! Lanie was our Butler and she said she was going to the Breakaway as well. Of course, things could have changed in four months.....

Thank you. That is what I thought I had heard. I've heard about her - good and bad - nobody should have any bad. HELLO NCL - maybe you need to re-think this or do some re-training on the Concierge for the Breakaway.

I must say that Monica was an exceptional Concierge when we sailed the Star in October, and I would look forward to sailing with her again ANYtime!!! We had heard statements like yours above, and were a bit concerned, but discovered the complete opposite. She seemed to be everywhere, and taking care of everyone equally. We enjoyed almost daily interactions with her, and while she was taking care of us she was usually simultaneously taking care of others via phone, etc. We were thoroughly impressed. ;)

You must have been one of the "lucky ones" she chose to grace with her presence.

I have emailed someone who would be in the know of whether or not it's the power of the concierge to say "no" to en suite Cagney's for breakfast or lunch for suite guests. I don't know if this person will be candid enough with me to share such info, or if he will share but ask that it not be passed along.

You must have been one of the "lucky ones" she chose to grace with her presence.

I have emailed someone who would be in the know of whether or not it's the power of the concierge to say "no" to en suite Cagney's for breakfast or lunch for suite guests. I don't know if this person will be candid enough with me to share such info, or if he will share but ask that it not be passed along.

Got an email back last night from an NCL hotel director and he said they still do deliver Cagney's for breakfast and lunch to suite guests, so this makes it clear that Ruth made up her own rule about that. I didn't name names, so he has no idea who I was asking about.

However, if someone encounters this issue on their sailing, I would call the hotel director and get it taken care of.

Thank you for clearing that up-its one of my favorite suite perks and I leave Friday so Im glad to hear its still one of the perks:D

NCL reads CC. Maybe it is now being discussed at the corporate level.

If it is important to you maybe Email Kevin Sheehan. He has graciously replied to me before.

NCL reads CC. Maybe it is now being discussed at the corporate level.

If it is important to you maybe Email Kevin Sheehan. He has graciously replied to me before.

If I had his email address, I certainly would. There are actually other things I would like to bring to his attention as well.

Got an email back last night from an NCL hotel director and he said they still do deliver Cagney's for breakfast and lunch to suite guests, so this makes it clear that Ruth made up her own rule about that. I didn't name names, so he has no idea who I was asking about.

However, if someone encounters this issue on their sailing, I would call the hotel director and get it taken care of.

Im going to repost this-its pretty official that its still allowed. We should all agree that if it happens to us we shoud all call the hotel director and maybe they will put a stop to it. Our butler last year actually specified we could write anything we wanted on the room service menu including from the cagneys menu. I will be doing it next week and I will report back:D

Im going to repost this-its pretty official that its still allowed. We should all agree that if it happens to us we shoud all call the hotel director and maybe they will put a stop to it. Our butler last year actually specified we could write anything we wanted on the room service menu including from the cagneys menu. I will be doing it next week and I will report back:D

Much appreciated if you will report back!

• 2 weeks later...
I could be wrong, but I don't think it's really the right of a concierge to "make" suite guests get out of their suites - they paid to be there, and they paid a lot for it.

I'd agree with this...completely! This is my first vacation of more than three days without children for the last 15 years. It's our anniversary. And that all adds up to one very simple fact. My husband and I are going to spend a lot of time together, and quite a bit of it will be in our suite. It's no one's business to say we can't do that.

DML

I'd agree with this...completely! This is my first vacation of more than three days without children for the last 15 years. It's our anniversary. And that all adds up to one very simple fact. My husband and I are going to spend a lot of time together, and quite a bit of it will be in our suite. It's no one's business to say we can't do that.

DML

I checked with an HD I know after I made that statement, and he confirmed what I thought to be true. If a butler or concierge tells you no, contact the HD on your ship!

I wouldnt worry-Ive NEVER heard that so it must have been a one time thing. If you join your rollcall when you go to the M&G the officers wil be there and they will give you a card with all their contact numbers on the ship so if anything goes wrong you can call them directly. I would just write on my breakfast delivery slip what I wanted from cagneys and the time and it will be there, Dont worry.

Thank you. That is what I thought I had heard. I've heard about her - good and bad - nobody should have any bad. HELLO NCL - maybe you need to re-think this or do some re-training on the Concierge for the Breakaway.

I will admit....Ruth was very good to us....but then again, we were in a GV so that probably made a difference!!?

I checked with an HD I know after I made that statement, and he confirmed what I thought to be true. If a butler or concierge tells you no, contact the HD on your ship!

I encourage all of you, if you ever have any experience related to the hotel operations that disappoint you, please contact the Hotel Director and complain loudly. It will have a far better chance of correcting whatever is wrong rather than complaining here on the cruise critic forum. Every time I contacted the HD the wrongs were immediately righted.

I returned from the Dawn on 1/27. The Butler would bring any food item from any restaurant at any time. It was very easy to write the breakfast order on the door card or you can phone it in to your butler the night before. We were never told no :-)

Funny enough, we have only been in a suite twice (so far) on the Jade we had Monica and on the Jewel we had Ruth. We didn't know what to expect, so we weren't upset with them. But looking back Monica didn't do one thing for us, oh except one dinner reservation. We were on a 12 day in Europe, we didn't get priority disembarkation or anything. So when Ruth took groups through back rooms to get off early in every port this time- we were impressed. Now- you all have me wondering what else a concierge does? We have booked a suite on the Dawn 2014 and now I wonder what we will be treated to if we have someone other than Monica or Ruth?

We got off Dawn 1/13/13. Virginia was concierge. She left same day as us and was going to be back on beginning of March so she could have Christmas off. So, if she returns to Dawn after Christmas, she will be yours in 2014. She was excellent!!! Very attentive to everyone and very professional. Very visible all around the ship. I don't think you will be disappointed. It was our first suite experience and I don't think we'll go again unless we're in a suite:D

Archived