Private Breakfast Dining Rooms for Suites

travelgirl4ever

OUr favorite perk for suites is room service for breakfast from Cagney's. YOu can eat there or have your butler deliver it.

We would have filet,, lobster, etc....so great.

Lobster IN it and lobster are definitely two different things. What you're talking about has lobster IN it - it's not like getting a tail, which is what what implied.

Sorry you misunderstood.....no one except you mentioned lobster TAILS.

My update was from the Star less than a month ago. It is not out of date. Two ships now that have delivered Cagney's breakfast to our suite on request.

The other poster said lunch and dinner - not breakfast. This is comparing apples to oranges.

Lobster IN it and lobster are definitely two different things. What you're talking about has lobster IN it - it's not like getting a tail, which is what what implied. I love lobster but HATE fruits de mer in brioche!

I have never had it. Maybe I might at brunch. Even crabcakes benedict is something I might have later rather than earlier.

Lobster? Here is what I do. I make a reservation at Tepanyaki and speak with the manager. I tell him I want just lobster with stir-fried veggies as my entree. No other protein. I agree on a price for a whole tail just for me. No soy sauce though. Just butter. It is wonderful. Succulent and cooked to order.

On our cruise to AK - last June we had breakfast in our suite on Glacier Bay day - there was a special room service menu card for the suites that you put out the night before - the breakfast menu from Cagneys was not part of the program. The in suite breakfast includes hot items like omelets and hash browns that are not on the regular room service breakfast (non suite).

To get Cagney's you had to go there.

Sorry guys, I didn't see that you were asking for more details until this AM.

Yes, we were denied being served breakfast from Cagney's in our Suite on the 12/2/12 sailing of the Jewel. Our butler Naveene told us he would love to, but that he had been told he wasn't allowed to do it. This was the first sea day. We got dressed headed up to Cagney's and immedietly asked our concierge Ruth about it... She replied that she had told her butlers not to deliver Cagney's for breakfast and lunch because she didn't want people making a habit of it- that she wanted people out of their suites and coming up to Cagney's. When I replied that with a baby- this was pretty inconvinent and that we had been told on CC that it was possible... She said that one or two days if we had a "special occassion" she would make an exception. Since we felt that the breakfast they served us there honestly wasn't as good as it had been on the Jade (subjective I know, but the waffles and pancakes seemed to be made from a different batter very flat not fluffy and just OK)... we just dropped it. I mean- how did they not know that the first morning was our "special occassion"? Made me feel like I was begging for something. Naveene apoligized again for this later, and we told him not to worry! We were still very happy crusiers and had a great time! We had him deliver from the suite breakfast menu- bacon, potatoes, and choc pastries a few times and they were great!

When we were just on the Jewel Dec2 our butler told us No delivery from Cagneys' lunch or dinner that we must go there, our concierge confirmed this when we asked but said "maybe" for a special occasion.

Guess it varies by ship and such, as we were expecting to be able to do it since we had read so on here....

I miss typed here, I meant breakfast and lunch. Dinner for a fee could be delivered... Sorry for the misinformation... the full story on it is above. Again, I feel like this is something that can differ by ship etc... this is just our recent experience.

I miss typed here, I meant breakfast and lunch. Dinner for a fee could be delivered... Sorry for the misinformation... the full story on it is above. Again, I feel like this is something that can differ by ship etc... this is just our recent experience.

Sounds like Ruth made this decision. We've been in suites on the Jewel and the Gem and had room service for breakfast, but it was always from the suite menu. I'd read on CC too, that people ordered from the Cagney's menu, but the butlers never mentioned Cagney's as an option when they pointed out the room service menu and we didn't ask. I don't know if it makes a difference, but we weren't in a Haven suite.

Yes, we were denied being served breakfast from Cagney's in our Suite on the 12/2/12 sailing of the Jewel. Our butler Naveene told us he would love to, but that he had been told he wasn't allowed to do it. This was the first sea day. We got dressed headed up to Cagney's and immedietly asked our concierge Ruth about it... She replied that she had told her butlers not to deliver Cagney's for breakfast and lunch because she didn't want people making a habit of it- that she wanted people out of their suites and coming up to Cagney's. When I replied that with a baby- this was pretty inconvinent and that we had been told on CC that it was possible... She said that one or two days if we had a "special occassion" she would make an exception. Since we felt that the breakfast they served us there honestly wasn't as good as it had been on the Jade (subjective I know, but the waffles and pancakes seemed to be made from a different batter very flat not fluffy and just OK)... we just dropped it. I mean- how did they not know that the first morning was our "special occassion"? Made me feel like I was begging for something. Naveene apoligized again for this later, and we told him not to worry! We were still very happy crusiers and had a great time! We had him deliver from the suite breakfast menu- bacon, potatoes, and choc pastries a few times and they were great!

Wow! After reading this, I'm now doubly glad that John D'Souza will be Concierge when we board. Even if he maintains this directive, he will no doubt offer a much nicer explanation for it. ;)

Wow! After reading this, I'm now doubly glad that John D'Souza will be Concierge when we board. Even if he maintains this directive, he will no doubt offer a much nicer explanation for it. ;)

John is terrific! He was our butler a couple of years ago, preparing to be a concierge. He will handle it perfectly!

In Puerto Vallarta I was struggling with my Mom in a wheelchair and John saw us from across the street and rushed to help us. I didn't even recognize him in his civvies!

I have had nothing but bad interactions with Ruth. If I had received this explanation I would have immediately went to the HD for clarification. Her reasoning seems ridiculous. Keep in mind I don't care for her at all, so that would affect my view of her decision.

I've heard this multiple times about Ruth and Monica (whom Ruth trained). They decide day 1 who they like and who they don't. If you're in the don't category, watch out. I was very glad to hear that Monica left the Star and had been replaced by Patrick - who is absolutely wonderful.

I could be wrong, but I don't think it's really the right of a concierge to "make" suite guests get out of their suites - they paid to be there, and they paid a lot for it.

YIKES! We were planning on that b'fast delivery as well. Maybe one morning with our toddler tearing up Cagney's will be enough for them to agree to deliver every morning.

YIKES! We were planning on that b'fast delivery as well. Maybe one morning with our toddler tearing up Cagney's will be enough for them to agree to deliver every morning.

you would think that, but with our 22 month old running around Cagney's that was what she said... i think she was twirling in the drapes at that exact moment... lol

I've heard this multiple times about Ruth and Monica (whom Ruth trained). They decide day 1 who they like and who they don't. If you're in the don't category, watch out. I was very glad to hear that Monica left the Star and had been replaced by Patrick - who is absolutely wonderful.

I could be wrong, but I don't think it's really the right of a concierge to "make" suite guests get out of their suites - they paid to be there, and they paid a lot for it.

I agree with you 100%. I have also had Patrick as concierge and agree he is nothing but awesome.

That's nuts. We had several breakfasts and lunches from Cagney's (and, dinners, fee applied, of course) served in-suite on Gem. If I'd received that response from the Concierge, other guests would have wondered by the ship was rocking so much in calm seas.

Funny enough, we have only been in a suite twice (so far) on the Jade we had Monica and on the Jewel we had Ruth. We didn't know what to expect, so we weren't upset with them. But looking back Monica didn't do one thing for us, oh except one dinner reservation. We were on a 12 day in Europe, we didn't get priority disembarkation or anything. So when Ruth took groups through back rooms to get off early in every port this time- we were impressed. Now- you all have me wondering what else a concierge does? We have booked a suite on the Dawn 2014 and now I wonder what we will be treated to if we have someone other than Monica or Ruth?

Funny enough, we have only been in a suite twice (so far) on the Jade we had Monica and on the Jewel we had Ruth. We didn't know what to expect, so we weren't upset with them. But looking back Monica didn't do one thing for us, oh except one dinner reservation. We were on a 12 day in Europe, we didn't get priority disembarkation or anything. So when Ruth took groups through back rooms to get off early in every port this time- we were impressed. Now- you all have me wondering what else a concierge does? We have booked a suite on the Dawn 2014 and now I wonder what we will be treated to if we have someone other than Monica or Ruth?

We've had breakfast from Cagney's on both Star and Dawn. Not every day, but a couple. We had Virginia on the Dawn and if you get her, she is pretty good about taking care of most things, although Patrick was better IMO.

Who is going to be on Breakaway at the beginning?

We've had breakfast from Cagney's on both Star and Dawn. Not every day, but a couple. We had Virginia on the Dawn and if you get her, she is pretty good about taking care of most things, although Patrick was better IMO.

Who is going to be on Breakaway at the beginning?

When I was on the Jewel in September, Ruth told me that she would be leaving the Jewel for the Breakaway! Lanie was our Butler and she said she was going to the Breakaway as well. Of course, things could have changed in four months.....

On our cruise to AK - last June we had breakfast in our suite on Glacier Bay day - there was a special room service menu card for the suites that you put out the night before - the breakfast menu from Cagneys was not part of the program. The in suite breakfast includes hot items like omelets and hash browns that are not on the regular room service breakfast (non suite).

To get Cagney's you had to go there.

Last January in Gem we just wrote in what we wanted from Cagneys s on the menu card. We had breakfast in our cabin at least four times on that ten day cruise. I will be extremely disappointed if I told no...I would probably take it to someone above the concierge.

I must say that Monica was an exceptional Concierge when we sailed the Star in October, and I would look forward to sailing with her again ANYtime!!! We had heard statements like yours above, and were a bit concerned, but discovered the complete opposite. She seemed to be everywhere, and taking care of everyone equally. We enjoyed almost daily interactions with her, and while she was taking care of us she was usually simultaneously taking care of others via phone, etc. We were thoroughly impressed. ;)

We had Karin Goedecke on The Sun. She was wonderful. In fact she did so many things for my mom and I that we didn't even ask for. And she suggested things that she could do for us. She was just outstanding. In fact, during our cruise two other couples as well as us had talked to her about our butler who was sub-par. The situation got to be really bizarre and unique, but she handled it like a pro.

We will back on the Star and Omar will be our concierge. Anyone have any insight?

I was planning Cagney's ensuite a time or two.

I must say that Monica was an exceptional Concierge when we sailed the Star in October, and I would look forward to sailing with her again ANYtime!!! We had heard statements like yours above, and were a bit concerned, but discovered the complete opposite. She seemed to be everywhere, and taking care of everyone equally. We enjoyed almost daily interactions with her, and while she was taking care of us she was usually simultaneously taking care of others via phone, etc. We were thoroughly impressed. ;)

Unfortunately for us that wasn't the case on our repo in Apr '12. We had a huge roll call group with people from all 4 DOSs on deck 12 and a lot more from some lesser suites (like us in a SJ) and while she acted professional and greeted us in the hallways, we spent a lot of time with our new friends in one of the DOSs and Monica's attitude was very different towards them. During the 12 day cruise I began to wonder if there were two Monicas onboard as our experience was completely different from the other couple's.

Archived