Beverage Packages on Coco Cay

dalest

Can you use the new alcohol beverage packages on Coco Cay? My apology if I missed the answer on another post.

My husband and I will be taking our first cruise in April on the Majesty of the Seas. :)

Thank you!

Can you use the new alcohol beverage packages on Coco Cay? My apology if I missed the answer on another post.

My husband and I will be taking our first cruise in April on the Majesty of the Seas. :)

Thank you!

Yes, the drink packages are honored on Coco Cay.

Thank you!

Kinda sorta yes, but... currently the alcohol packages are only being rolled out on 7-night and longer cruises, and it's doubtful whether you will ever see them on Majesty.:(

• 1 month later...

We have called 5 times - because the FAQ has the answer saying the package applies to " private destinations" but every person we have called connected with the RC website says that coco cay is off the boat so the package doesn't apply.

Anyone know from first hand experience ?

Kinda sorta yes, but... currently the alcohol packages are only being rolled out on 7-night and longer cruises, and it's doubtful whether you will ever see them on Majesty.:(

Actually, no, they alcohol packages are available on ANY cruise 4 nights and longer. That includes Majesty.

Edited by kingsgirl

We have called 5 times - because the FAQ has the answer saying the package applies to " private destinations" but every person we have called connected with the RC website says that coco cay is off the boat so the package doesn't apply.

Anyone know from first hand experience ?

Yes, you can use the beverage package on Coco Cay. I sailed on the Majesty last month and had the premium beverage package.

Depending what you like to drink, you may have to go to the "main" bar on the island though, as most of the smaller side bars and the roving waiters, only have the frozen beverages and the "drink of the day" in the specialty glassware - which is NOT included in the package. The "main" bar is the only place equipped to serve in regular glassware/plasticware. Beer you can get everywhere in the bottle.

Dan.

Edited by Dan-P

Several people have reported here that they have no problem getting drinks from the package on Coco Cay. The only hangup is that the roving bar servers usually have drinks with souvenir cups, and those cups are not part of the drink package. So you might have to walk up to a bar to get your package drinks on Coco Cay.

Edited by clarea

I will try calling again. Very frustrating that RC can't or won't give a correct or honest answer. This may be our last cruise with them.

Thanks so much for the replies !!!!!

Anyone know the best number to call ? - I feel like I have tried everyone connected with our travel agent and the RC website

I will try calling again. Very frustrating that RC can't or won't give a correct or honest answer. This may be our last cruise with them.

Thanks so much for the replies !!!!!

Anyone know the best number to call ? - I feel like I have tried everyone connected with our travel agent and the RC website

If you have cruised with Royal before, I'd call the Crown & Anchor number: 800-526-9723. Otherwise customer service: 800-398-9819.

Edited by clarea

• 2 years later...
I will be on enchantment of the seas in February. I am wondering if the beverage package I purchased through the cruise line is honored on cocoa cay.

Yes, beverage packages are honored on Coco Cay.

Several people have reported here that they have no problem getting drinks from the package on Coco Cay. The only hangup is that the roving bar servers usually have drinks with souvenir cups, and those cups are not part of the drink package. So you might have to walk up to a bar to get your package drinks on Coco Cay.

Some Roving servers only have the frozen CoCo Locos in souvenir glass (not covered by drinks package). There are others who go around on a 'beer' cart with cold beers in a cooler box. I parked myself on a lounger close to a bar, and had a few CoCo Locos, just asked for it without souvenir glass and drinks package works same as on the ship, they swipe sea pass card and you sign.