Sunshine Announcements Coming?

Nope. But there are alot of rumors, conjecture, and speculation about all things involved with Project Sunshine.

Were the "tweets" actually from Royal Caribbean or just people that follow Royal's Twitter page?

http://cruisefever.net/0312-royal-caribbeans-new-ships-the-sunshine-class/

If you already like the class of ships that Royal Caribbean offers then you are going to love the news about the new ships the cruise line will be offering soon: Royal Caribbean Making Sunshine Class Cruise Ships.

Royal Caribbean currently has several classes of ship including the Vision class, Sovereign class, Radiance class, Freedom Class, Voyager class, and of course the Oasis class. Royal Caribbean has also owns The Allure of the Seas (Oasis Class) which is currently the world’s largest cruise ship. The new ships are being built under the name of Sunshine Class, a brand new class built for Royal Caribbean. The first ship will be completed in the Fall of 2014 and the second in the Spring of 2015.

http://cruisefever.net/0312-royal-caribbeans-new-ships-the-sunshine-class/

If you already like the class of ships that Royal Caribbean offers then you are going to love the news about the new ships the cruise line will be offering soon: Royal Caribbean Making Sunshine Class Cruise Ships.

Royal Caribbean currently has several classes of ship including the Vision class, Sovereign class, Radiance class, Freedom Class, Voyager class, and of course the Oasis class. Royal Caribbean has also owns The Allure of the Seas (Oasis Class) which is currently the world’s largest cruise ship. The new ships are being built under the name of Sunshine Class, a brand new class built for Royal Caribbean. The first ship will be completed in the Fall of 2014 and the second in the Spring of 2015.

That article is not entirely accurate. Royal Caribbean's new ships are currently classified as Project Sunshine much the same way that the Oasis was called Project Genesis. Once a new ship is built whatever the first ships name (Blank) of the Seas is will be the first ship of that class if multiple ships are to be built. Project Genesis gave us the Oasis Class with Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas with a 3rd Oasis Class ship now on order.

So the first Project Sunshine ship will get a class name once it is named (Blank) of the Seas with any other ships built being part of that ship class. Most of the rest of the info in that article is nothing new. Hopefully the OP can advise us of who generated the "tweets" because there are so many people eager to hear info about these new ships.

It was Royal Caribbean themselves posting the tweets. There was another today. I'll share both.....

(Yesterday)

Royal Caribbean

‏@RoyalCaribbean

A1. We're excited about our upcoming #ProjectSunshine announcements! And to continue our dedication to be #DesignedforWOW #TWchats

(Today)

Royal Caribbean ‏@RoyalCaribbean

Our new Executive Vice President of Operations can’t wait to tell you more about Project Sunshine!

Today's also included a link to the blog of the new Executive Vice President of Operations which I've also included.

http://www.answeritroyally.com/blog/?p=5278

If MW stays on their current schedule and floats out the NCL Breakaway on time (late-February), then MW should be laying the first keel block of Sunshine1 in mid-March.:)

RCL will probably unveil the design/specs in advance of the ceremony.

It was Royal Caribbean themselves posting the tweets. There was another today. I'll share both.....

(Yesterday)

Royal Caribbean

‏@RoyalCaribbean

A1. We're excited about our upcoming #ProjectSunshine announcements! And to continue our dedication to be #DesignedforWOW #TWchats

(Today)

Royal Caribbean ‏@RoyalCaribbean

Our new Executive Vice President of Operations can’t wait to tell you more about Project Sunshine!

Today's also included a link to the blog of the new Executive Vice President of Operations which I've also included.

Thanks for getting back to us with that info. I had heard rumors that Royal was going to have some announcements early this year but no specific month or day.

What is interesting, I was reading Adam Goldstein's blog today where he intros RCI's new VP of operations. In the article there was a hyper link that says sunshine class. When you click it it goes to a Celebrity Reflection info site. Maybe they are working on the Sunshine intro site and placed a link in the article? Maybe the announcements will be soon?

I followed your link and it seems to lead to an old blog about Sunshine. Also of note, the Meyer Werft site has a link to the development of the Sunshine Class. I don't remember seeing that there before.

http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/schiffe/kreuzfahrtschiffe/royal_caribbean_international/projekt_sunshine/projekt_sunshine.jsp

The announcement is bound to be soon as they should release the first ship's itineraries for sale this year!

That's what I keep thinking. If the timelines are right, they should be ready to open itineraries in just a few months. They also need a few months of hype and advertising, so they should be releasing info really soon. The anticipation is killing me because this will be the first time that there will be a new ship that I will be able to book the minute bookings open. I remember when everyone on the boards were posting updates as they were booking when Oasis bookings opened up for the first time (we had a combination finances plus full time jobs & graduate school that prevented us from doing it at that time). I want to be part of the action this time! :)

That's what I keep thinking. If the timelines are right, they should be ready to open itineraries in just a few months. They also need a few months of hype and advertising, so they should be releasing info really soon. The anticipation is killing me because this will be the first time that there will be a new ship that I will be able to book the minute bookings open. I remember when everyone on the boards were posting updates as they were booking when Oasis bookings opened up for the first time (we had a combination finances plus full time jobs & graduate school that prevented us from doing it at that time). I want to be part of the action this time! :)

I feel they will open the bookings for this ship separate from their other ships which usually open in Late March/April. Oasis bookings did not open with the regular itineraries. They were opened up mid August 2008 for Dec 2009 sailings and beyond. The real hype for Oasis came in June 2008 with a 'reveal' in New York city. With that said I am ready to hear anything about this ship and I too believe it will be soon :)

Would love to see how the ship looks like from the outside

Here you go. I am good friends with someone on the design team and he gave me one of the final pre-build artist renderings of what the ship will look like. I hope it is okay for me to post it here ...

089121-streets-of-monaco.jpg

If MW stays on their current schedule and floats out the NCL Breakaway on time (late-February), then MW should be laying the first keel block of Sunshine1 in mid-March.:)

RCL will probably unveil the design/specs in advance of the ceremony.

I read somewhere on NCL boards that Breakaway's construction is ahead of schedule.

So yesterday on the RCCL Twitter they said they were exciting about the upcoming Project Sunshine announcements.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to when?

On our December Allure cruise, Ken Rush told us that the announcements will be done in February.

Archived