Everything ROYAL PRINCESS: What are you looking forward to MOST of all?

dmwnc1959

One of the very first pictures I've seen of the fountain area being turned into a 'wet zone' for kids and passengers...

9115133900_9a39d9ba73_o.jpg

(Credit Nosvamosdecrucero)

What a pleasant surprise...I did not know what it was being used for during the day and this is great! We will be boarding her in a few weeks and our family group includes two children who will LOVE this feature. Maybe their screams of delight will be heard over the MUTS!!

Today marks the end of the Maiden Voyage of Royal Princess and the beginning of her first 'real' cruise in the Mediterranean.

Bon Voyage to all who are embarking today!!! :D:D:D

9113730098_9a90706015_b.jpg

I love the itinerary :)

9045375437_ef51990d4b_o.jpg

so if I'm reading that right they have extended the hallway into the balcony space ? Does it have a door or something on it? I can only imagine the genius thought process to extend the hallway an extra 9' to accomodate a broom closet. Wonder how much that square footage cost?:eek:

From certain angles it looks like there is some depth to the area from the balcony side. Oh well we will hopefully be able to open the partition between D729 and D730.

Thanks for the feedback..and happy sailing~

I sure hope you have 29 and 31, not 30.

I followed this thread and it is great that it continues..opening a new thread for future cruises is a real challenge after this thread.

I was looking at the incredible aft picture of the Regal, and I have read back so many pages on this thread as well as the live thread..and I still can't find an answer to what is that white partition between Dolphin and Emerald deluxe aft balconies? We have D729 and D731 this January. Center aft balconies on Caribe, and going up seem to have an extended balcony area. Hopefully we will be able to open the bulkhead between D729 and D730.

Any light shed on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

I just saw this so guess it was a typo about 730.

I have asked and asked and asked about all of the spaces in the center aft of the ship and haven't received an answer as yet.

I think even the guess that it was crew area on Dolphin and Emerald was my guess and never confirmed. Also don't know if the balconies above those decks really extend all the way to the center or not.

Eventually someone will check.............

I am concerned about smokers going to deck 16 far aft to smoke. We are supposed to be on deck 15 aft. This is what I read an area all the way aft, high on deck 16 are the places for smokers to go. Otherwise, there is no smoking in any part of the ship, including staterooms and balconies. I would like to hear from someone in M724 about this.:confused:

I believe there are other areas for smokers onboard. Promenade Deck starboard has been mentioned. I don't think you need to fear that all smokers will be congregatating above your cabin.

Smoke drifts up not down! You should be fine

Likely true when the ship is at a standstill and there is no wind. Add speed, wind and atmospheric pressure and there's no telling which direction smoke will take.

Lew

We are booked on the Royal for our Thanksgiving trip. When friends ask us where its going, I simply reply that for us, the ship is the destination. We have been to the Caribbean many times so islands don't matter to us so much. We are very excited to see this new ship. Our last 4 cruises have been on small ships from 450-1300 passengers (Oceania and Seabourn), so this time we plan to people watch, try new and interesting features and eating places and just relax. With our positive attitudes about this cruise, I know we will find that the big ships still offer us much to enjoy!!

Mom C

9118530804_aeee426bec_o.jpg

(Credit DreamBlogCruiseMagazine)

Wow, that's an awesome picture Dave! Thanks for posting. For me that says it all about sailing, the beautiful blue sky, the deep blue sea, and the wind in my hair.

When I'm experiencing this, I could care less about the small balcony, the lack of staircase, the whatever else people are complaining about. Just take a look at that picture give thanks that your alive and on a great ship at sea, and enjoy life!

Wow, that's an awesome picture Dave! Thanks for posting. For me that says it all about sailing, the beautiful blue sky, the deep blue sea, and the wind in my hair.

When I'm experiencing this, I could care less about the small balcony, the lack of staircase, the whatever else people are complaining about. Just take a look at that picture give thanks that your alive and on a great ship at sea, and enjoy life!

CC really needs to add a 'like' button

9118530804_aeee426bec_o.jpg

(Credit DreamBlogCruiseMagazine)

Neat. On any other ship you would have to stick your camera out on a 23 foot boom to get a shot like that. Let's just say this is a photo angle unique to the Royal.

I just saw a photo of loungers on Promenade deck. Yay! I love that! What a great place to hang out.

I'll join you down there Pam. The 2 very wide areas of promenade deck is unlike any other cruise ship. Even 2 rows of loungers in some areas. I like the most aft area on the port side. I think smokers are allowed on starboard.

Hi All

The prom deck we see in the above photos is crew only, its like the main route for them during the day, assume the must have cabins down below at the front.

As for the good old wooden lounger good number of them on the aft section on prom deck,

another realy nice area is the aft section of the horizon court looking out ovr the sea

yours Shogun

Hi All

As for the good old wooden lounger good number of them on the aft section on prom deck,

another realy nice area is the aft section of the horizon court looking out ovr the sea

yours Shogun

Thanks for the tips Shogun. Keep them coming.

Dave;

Thanks for the info:). I was wondering if you had any additional pictures, other than the ones you've shown on the thread, for an S2 suite/balcony. I got lucky recently and was able to snag D726 for the T/A cruise in October.....:):):)

Bob

Bob, Congratulations on the upgrade. Enjoy.

Marty

Well said ...

I agree 100%! This is the experience; the rest is just, well, the rest.

Mary Jane

Love those aft loungers on the promenade deck--I can just imagine reading and enjoying a glass of wine while looking over the wake. Thanks for the great photos, Dave. I'm so glad we still have this thread given the many negatives on some of the others.

Does anyone know the dimensions for the Premium Deluxe Balcony on Riviera Deck R735 or R734? Princess website only gives 312 sq ft as a total.

The other 2 Premium Deluxe Balconies R733 and R732 measure 199 sq ft cabin and the balcony 81 sq ft total of 280 sq ft.

Archived