Everything ROYAL PRINCESS: What are you looking forward to MOST of all?

dmwnc1959

Hi, here are a couple of pictures of the ship on the maiden voyage, including one of the Royal in port in Malaga, partially hidden by Sea mist before final boarding.

THANKS for the pictures! I can see the last thing I want to do every night before retiring for the evening is take a stroll through SeaWalk. :D

Here's a couple of webcam grabs off of the AIDAdiva showing Royal Princess docked in Istanbul....

9171900841_2a66841b9f.jpg

9171944601_d586df34fe_o.jpg

We had a regular balcony on D deck , right next to the angled one below the sea walk. We had fun waving to the few people who looked down for more than a few moments and they all waved back . The best moment was when finishing UBD a cleaner was mopping the sea walk and DH and I spotted him and waved- he smiled and waved furiously at us, then left the mop and bucket , returning once we had finished to give us some privacy.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks, Umbertsmum, sounds like you really enjoyed this location. Thanks for your posts giving us good info from your cruise!

Sue

The photo of the upper deck on a warm sunny day at sea would suggest that the ship will be able to accommodate quite a few more people comfortably in the space, including the pools.

I agree. The pools look bigger than on the grand class ships and the deck seems more spacious. As I posted once before, I never saw the pools used for anything but cooling off and parking on a lounger. :D

Does anyone know if the Royal has those little "mail slots" on the wall outside the door like the other Princess ships do? We are traveling with another family and these slots are so handy for leaving notes for each other...otherwise will have to take post it notes with me!

Does anyone know if the Royal has those little "mail slots" on the wall outside the door like the other Princess ships do? We are traveling with another family and these slots are so handy for leaving notes for each other...otherwise will have to take post it notes with me!

I can't see them not having it

Hey sunset! Nice to see you again!

I remember some pictures of the door, I'll see if I can find them. Maybe it was on the Live thread...

Sunset, YES they do have the mail slot! Yeesh, I was just ready to give up then found a video someone posted of their mini suite:

Thanks, Yvonne and nice to "see" you too! We are boarding the Royal in just over two weeks and if the internet isn't too slow I will try to do some live posting! We are very excited...traveling with my stepdaughter, her DH and two adorable little girls 5 & 9. Life is good...wonderful memories! ;)

Thanks, Yvonne and nice to "see" you too! We are boarding the Royal in just over two weeks and if the internet isn't too slow I will try to do some live posting! We are very excited...traveling with my stepdaughter, her DH and two adorable little girls 5 & 9. Life is good...wonderful memories! ;)

How exciting for you and your family! I eagerly await your impressions of the ship and hope you have a delightful cruise.:D

How exciting for you and your family! I eagerly await your impressions of the ship and hope you have a delightful cruise.:D

Thanks so much! I love the photos of the ship and we all love pool time (it will be hot touring in the Med.!) so I will be sure to get a good feeling for the pools and how they accommodate the number of passengers. Oh, and did I mention that we love food and the variety of food venues on board?? ;)

I just booked another Royal cruise. Friends of mine are cruising in December. Unfortuately I will miss meeting Dave as I get on when he gets off. My cruise is December 15. Couldn't stay away and they will get a chance to experience this beautiful ship.

Trudy

Dave, you left this post over on our Roll Call. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38968982&postcount=4008

"Less than FOUR months before Royal Princess arrives in Fort Lauderdale! You guys must be freaking out! :eek::D

And what's with calling everyone on here "NUTS"? ;) "

I was able to answer your question.

Marty

I just booked another Royal cruise. Friends of mine are cruising in December. Unfortuately I will miss meeting Dave as I get on when he gets off. My cruise is December 15. Couldn't stay away and they will get a chance to experience this beautiful ship.

Trudy

Congratulations an your Royal cruise. A lot of us will miss not being able to sail with Dave. His thread has really brought a lot of people together.

Marty

Thought about you yesterday. Were you home when we had the tornado warnings? That was the first time I have followed the advise and taken cover. Me and 7 cats in a bathroom!! Talk about a funny site. My MIL had my son at the theater in Shallotte and was freaking out. I told her since we really don't have basements here to get in she was probably safer there then home!!

It was a scary few hours!!

BTW have you heard of The Kindred Spirits Mailbox?

Today Royal Princess makes it's inaugural call on Istanbul, Turkey. There is one other cruise ship in port, the AIDAdiva. Royal Princess will be docked from 8am-6pm local time.

Arrival web cam images...

9172602414_b736dd3eb3_z.jpg

9172602462_ae7d80b32d_z.jpg

Still waiting on Marine Traffic to update to get a good screen grab of her docking position.

Man the Royal's webcam is clear.....:):):)

Bob

Archived