Royal Caribbean discriminates against Google Chrome

I know many of us have had issues with the RC website the last 4 or 5 days.

But, this is ridiculous. I can get on the website using Mozilla but when I use Google Chrome, my browser of choice, I continue to get the maintenance ms message.

Is anyone else having this issue? It isn't major because I don't have any cruises booked right now, and won't for a few months. Just annoying.

But, this is ridiculous. I can get on the website using Mozilla but when I use Google Chrome, my browser of choice, I continue to get the maintenance ms message.

Is anyone else having this issue? It isn't major because I don't have any cruises booked right now, and won't for a few months. Just annoying.

Maybe it's the other way around. I have no problem with the RC website in any browser except Google. Maybe Google Chrome is not set up correctly. Just a thought.;)

Rick

Clear your Browsing History (similar to clearing cachein IE):

• Click the Chrome menu SNP_2696434_en_v1 on the browser toolbar.
  • Select Tools.
  • Select Clear browsing data.
  • In the dialog that appears, select the checkboxes for the types of information that you want to remove.
  • Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Select beginning of time to delete everything.
  • Click Clear browsing data.

Edited by gmm1tb

Clear your Browsing History (similar to clearing cachein IE):

• Click the Chrome menu SNP_2696434_en_v1 on the browser toolbar.
  • Select Tools.
  • Select Clear browsing data.
  • In the dialog that appears, select the checkboxes for the types of information that you want to remove.
  • Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Select beginning of time to delete everything.
  • Click Clear browsing data.

Thank you so much for your helpful instructions. They worked perfectly.

interesting... I moved to Chrome a year ago, no issues with any sites. I have had issues with RC loading very slowly over the last 4 or 5 days when I launch anything on the site that has to query a backend system.

I have used Google Chrome for about as long as it has been in existence. I have never had any major issues with it and the RCCL site and I just booked another cruise with it last week.. Might be another issue. As others have said though just try another browser.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I had the very same problem with Internet Explorer and it lasted for quite a while. I used Goggle Chrome instead and it worked fine. Now Explorer is working again...... maybe they are just going through some changes. Don't panic use what works for now and then check back.

one issue with RCL's site and Chrome... the only part of their site that won't load is the Guest Vacation Documents> View or Print. The docs won't pop. When I launch Firefox, no issues.

I use Chrome regularly with few problems - about as many as any other browser and I have Firefox, IE and Chrome on my laptop. I use the site you mention frequently using Chrome and just downloaded SetSail Pass (and printed), edocs and printed luggage tags. No problems!!!

one issue with RCL's site and Chrome... the only part of their site that won't load is the Guest Vacation Documents> View or Print. The docs won't pop. When I launch Firefox, no issues.

I do not use chrome, but from your post I would guess you are missing an update on your browser. Every now and then I get weird stuff on IE and I just go in and do updates manually and it's all ok. Even though I have my PC set to auto update there ae times its completly cut off, maybe for several days so my PC can miss something.

For example,most of the junk that RCI loads on your PC and even CC is done with flash drive cookies. If they don't load or load slow then there can be problems. My apple products do weird stuff with rci and CC, apple does not have flash. If you look at your flash drive cookies you will see what I mean.if your PC has adobe flash drive, make sure it has the latest updates

Edited by setsail

I encountered this problem a few months ago.

When you clik on "view documents" a blank page pops up. Check the address bar for a symbol that looks like a shield. It should say the page has insecure content if you hover over it. Click on it and choose "load anyway" and the page will load.

Hope it helps.

When you clik on "view documents" a blank page pops up. Check the address bar for a symbol that looks like a shield. It should say the page has insecure content if you hover over it. Click on it and choose "load anyway" and the page will load.

Hope it helps.

HA! and voila! problem solved! I've never seen this on any other secure site so I was flumoxed as to why it was happening on this site.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. you rock!

I tried for 3 or 4 days to redeem points for my upcoming cruise in March. I kept getting to where I could pick what I wanted to redeem points for and then it would start the entire process over. I finally posted a thread here asking if anyone was having trouble or if it was just me. Long story but one suggested trying a different browser. When I went into Safari I breezed right through with no problems.

I find it annoying as well.

• 10 months later...

Hope it helps.

THANK YOU! I've had this problem...well, pretty much because I use chrome and previously I could open it in IE, but today that didn't work, so I decided to be proactive and voila. You are a life-saver. True, I print the eDocs, but the flash version is s pretty.