Do your thighs chafe?

maureencruiser

Thanks for sharing this! I was going to hit the running store tomorrow for some Body Glide. Saved me a trip, the money & the luggage space! :D

your welcome, you wont be sorry.

i dont think i am allowed in A running store. seriously, if you see me running, you should start running too. something very bad is chasing me.

• 4 weeks later...

I have never used the product but all of my friends who cycle use BUTT BUTTER. It is for "those many" parts to not chafe/ rub raw when riding for many many miles. They say that you put it on and it slowly dissappears. Not sure if it would work for you but seems like an options. I think some are also called Chamoise cream.

I also have this problem. I bought a pair of Spanx that are like bike shorts and come up to cover my tummy all the way to my bra line. They are not too snug, just enough to smooth. I love them under my dresses without hose. Since I am a plus size I got them at Lane Bryant. Really, this fabric is not the typical firm "squeeze it all" control, it is more like bathing suit firm. Best investment I have made.

I have the Body Glide gel, but it just made things sticky and was horrible.

Edited by CruisinEars

• 1 month later...

Hi everybody, I also bought some pettipants online and they are fabulous. I call them my bloomers. They do not ride up when I walk or anything, very comfortable. Just today, I ordered a shorter pair for some of my shorter dresses. When I got home from work last week after the power went out, I took off my dress and collapsed on the couch in my tank top and bloomers, :) When my coworker called me to see if I had power, I told her no and that I was laid out like a man in my wifebeater and boxer shorts! :D

Hi everybody, I also bought some pettipants online and they are fabulous. I call them my bloomers. They do not ride up when I walk or anything, very comfortable. Just today, I ordered a shorter pair for some of my shorter dresses. When I got home from work last week after the power went out, I took off my dress and collapsed on the couch in my tank top and bloomers, :) When my coworker called me to see if I had power, I told her no and that I was laid out like a man in my wifebeater and boxer shorts! :D

Order info please. Thanks

I have a variety of options I use, depending on how hot it is outside and the length of my dress. I have the typical short slips in 21" and 24" lengths, although they can make me really sweaty if it's warm and humid outside. Then I have a knock-off version of Spanx for when I want something slimming, but of course after a full day's use, it tends to get annoying. So, my old stand-by is cheap deoderant and it works like a charm -- by far the best if you don't care about the slimming effect!

However, now I'm intrigued by these Jockey Skimmies. I've never heard of them but I might check them out!

your welcome, you wont be sorry.

i dont think i am allowed in A running store. seriously, if you see me running, you should start running too. something very bad is chasing me.

Funny!

On a serious note, a good running store welcomes all shapes and sizes from ultra-marathoners to people who think exercise is moving from the sofa to the bed and back. I have a friend who just got fitted at Fleet Feet--she has 150+ pounds to lose and is walking every day as part of her diet and exercise plan. They measured her foot and watched her gait on the treadmill (they do that for everyone) and got her set up with shoes that allow her to walk 2-3 miles a day without discomfort. The proper shoes will not only keep your feet comfortable and blister free, but will also affect the comfort of your knees, hips, and back.

Sorry, I'm a very outspoken advocate for wearing the proper shoes while exercising to avoid injury--now back to your regularly scheduled show. :)

I agree! When I started walking after my accident, I ended up getting a subungual hematoma and the doctor recommended I go to our local running store, Riverside Runners. Like your friend, I do not have the classic runner's physique! ;) They were so good, assessed the way I walked and recommended a particular brand of shoes for me. I bought that first pair from them to thank them for their work, then I have ordered my subsequent pairs directly from the company that makes them to save some cash. It was one of the best customer service experiences I have ever had! :D

I agree! When I started walking after my accident, I ended up getting a subungual hematoma and the doctor recommended I go to our local running store, Riverside Runners. Like your friend, I do not have the classic runner's physique! ;) They were so good, assessed the way I walked and recommended a particular brand of shoes for me. I bought that first pair from them to thank them for their work, then I have ordered my subsequent pairs directly from the company that makes them to save some cash. It was one of the best customer service experiences I have ever had! :D

Sorry to be off-topic again, but Maureen, if you are losing weight, you'll want to get refitted every 50 pounds or so. If your weight and exercise level are consistent, you should still be refitted every other year--particularly as you age. It's possible that nothing will have changed, but it's also possible that your feet and gait have changed just like the rest of your body has, and there will be a better option for you.

Sorry to be off-topic again, but Maureen, if you are losing weight, you'll want to get refitted every 50 pounds or so. If your weight and exercise level are consistent, you should still be refitted every other year--particularly as you age. It's possible that nothing will have changed, but it's also possible that your feet and gait have changed just like the rest of your body has, and there will be a better option for you.

Thanks, Right now, I am gaining weight :( , but, that is good advice. I never thought about my gait changing, but, I guess with my arthritis and various injuries, things may have changed!

Thanks, Right now, I am gaining weight :( , but, that is good advice. I never thought about my gait changing, but, I guess with my arthritis and various injuries, things may have changed!

Same idea. Did they also fit you for insoles? The right ones can really help with achy joints in your legs and hips.

I was just fitted a few months back, but will get refitted again in a few months (I put about 150 miles a month on mine and wear through them in six months) because I've been lifting weights in addition to running, and my body composition has changed as a result.

Same idea. Did they also fit you for insoles? The right ones can really help with achy joints in your legs and hips.

I was just fitted a few months back, but will get refitted again in a few months (I put about 150 miles a month on mine and wear through them in six months) because I've been lifting weights in addition to running, and my body composition has changed as a result.

I need to get back walking again. When I did, I lost 29 pounds in 4 months. I could really see and feel a difference in my body. I've walked a few weekends, but, not everyday like I did then. I'm just trying to get motivated, I turn 50 in a few months. What better way to celebrate a Bday than with weight loss and a cruise! :D

• 1 month later...

I put on 10 pounds when I quit smoking and now my legs rub together. Never had chaffing because I can't stand the feeling, so didn't wear dresses. I looked at ladies options, but wanted something cool, so I bought some men's boxer briefs. They work great, although the bf laughs when I'm in my boxers and wifebeater!!

I found Sloggi's in Rome, bought 6 pair in black and beige. Haven't found anything I like as well in the States. They are made of underwear material, not Spanx-like at all. They do not hide any bulges.

Pictures didn't post. Google "Sloggi basic long briefs' for pictures.

Me too! Fortunately, Sloggi are easily available in the UK. They are lightweight, cool, comfortable and solve the problem. These are the ones http://www.needundies.com/womens-briefs/sloggi-basic-long.html :)

I put on 10 pounds when I quit smoking and now my legs rub together. Never had chaffing because I can't stand the feeling, so didn't wear dresses. I looked at ladies options, but wanted something cool, so I bought some men's boxer briefs. They work great, although the bf laughs when I'm in my boxers and wifebeater!!

I've been searching for some "boy cut" panties but it seems they are all either low riders (which does not work on a down sloping belly, they end up at my crotch) or spanx type things. How does the fly in the men's shorts work out? Can you see it under your pants or do you just wear them with a dress? I am desperate, the monistat cream was too much mess for me so I may try the deodorant tomorrow.

Have you tried these - search pettipants on amazon.com - about $7 a pair, I love them, they don't ride up, no fly to worry about, if they show a little when the wind blows, they just look like a slip. I need them about an inch shorter for the dresses I'm taking on my cruise, so, I ordered the adjustable, snip it, kind, should be here in a few days! :)

41A0-xtpIoL._SX160_.jpgHave you tried these - search pettipants on amazon.com - about $7 a pair, I love them, they don't ride up, no fly to worry about, if they show a little when the wind blows, they just look like a slip. I need them about an inch shorter for the dresses I'm taking on my cruise, so, I ordered the adjustable, snip it, kind, should be here in a few days! :)