Do your thighs chafe?

maureencruiser

Hello, I might as well be honest, I'm a lot heavier than when I started cruising (I blame it on the cruises!) Back then, women wore pantyhose which kept your thighs from chafing. These days, nobody wears hose on Caribbean cruises, so what do you do? Spanx are just too tight and non-breathing. Anybody ever try Luvees, Skimmies or Monistat Chafing Gel? That's what I found when I googled this problem. I don't need the "control" of the Spanx, just something between my thighs.:o:o

I call them cricket thighs ;) Yup, I've got 'em.

I don't wear dresses in the summer without hose, and so the reality is that I rarely wear dresses in the summer.......they're just not comfortable. I could wear shorts under my skirt (or bike shorts), but that's really not comfortable either so I don't do that either. I wear pants or shorts, unless it's for a very short amount of time (a specific event).

Yes, I have that problem sometimes under dresses or skirts. If not wearing hose, I wear what we called "petti-pants" when I was growing up. They are not easy to find, but you can order them from JC Penney. They do the job, are comfortable, and are not hot. Good luck finding something that works for you.

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/jsp/search/results.jsp?fromSearch=true&Ntt=petti+pants&ruleZoneName=XGNSZone&grView=&_requestid=2093614

I swear by Jockey's Skimmies. They are light as a feather and come in white, beige and black. I buy a size larger than I would normally wear because i'm not looking for a girdle. I'm looking to prevent the chafing described by the OP. Honestly when I wear the Skimies, it hardly feels as if I am wearing anything.

I like the Skimmies so much better than Spanx and Assets. Skimmies are softer and lighter weight. When washed, they dry very fast too.

Edited by Gangway Style

I like a liquid talc (which is hard to find) or the monistat or lanacane anti-chafe gel (they're both dimethicone - same stuff in face primer;)) Or I've done bike shorts too - esp if I'm wearing a skirt but doing something active like climbing the stairs at the Meteora monasteries....

iPants are great, not tight if you get a large size. I often find they are too long for many things I want to wear, though. http://www.wacoal-america.com/shop/shapewear/new-arrivals/ipant-anti-cellulite-long-leg-shaper_809171.html

I got a pair at Dillards.

I have the Petti-pants in 2 different lengths and they help too. The anti-chafing gel works, but not as well as I'd like.

I'm glad I came across this thread, I hadn't even thought about chafing... I'm on the heavier side, so I was never much of a dress or skirt girl. Lately I've lost some weight (40 lbs total so far) and I've gotten a little girlier as I put it. I plan to wear mostly sun dresses on my honeymoon cruise in April, and now that I think about it, chafing will definitely be a problem. I'll have to look into the anti-chafe gel and take it for a test drive before the wedding. Thanks!

I found Sloggi's in Rome, bought 6 pair in black and beige. Haven't found anything I like as well in the States. They are made of underwear material, not Spanx-like at all. They do not hide any bulges.

Pictures didn't post. Google "Sloggi basic long briefs' for pictures.

Edited by SadieN

Even at my thinnest (130 lbs) my thighs still rubbed together. They are just not made to have a gap inbetween them. I have found wearing shorts under skirts helps. I bought a pair of adiddas volleyball shorts to wear in September and they were comfy and helped with the rubbing. I've also picked up a few skorts from Athleta for this summer that looks like really cute skirts not the 1990s version of the skort which looked like shorts with a flap over the front.

Me again--I love my body glide.

My thighs have ALWAYS rubbed together--when I was a kid, as an adult, at size 8, at size 18 and larger. I used to wear bike shorts under skirts. But that gets hot. With body glide, I never worry about the heat, hem lengths (will my shorts peek out the bottom of the dress??), color (black shorts under light dress!), anything.

Bonus: I also use it on my feet with strappy sandals to avoid blisters.

You can get it at any sporting goods store. Buy some--it's life changing.

Me again--I love my body glide.

My thighs have ALWAYS rubbed together--when I was a kid, as an adult, at size 8, at size 18 and larger. I used to wear bike shorts under skirts. But that gets hot. With body glide, I never worry about the heat, hem lengths (will my shorts peek out the bottom of the dress??), color (black shorts under light dress!), anything.

Bonus: I also use it on my feet with strappy sandals to avoid blisters.

You can get it at any sporting goods store. Buy some--it's life changing.

That is a really great idea. I never thought of that and will definitely try it. Thanks a lot for passing on that tip.

I like a liquid talc (which is hard to find) or the monistat or lanacane anti-chafe gel (they're both dimethicone - same stuff in face primer;)) Or I've done bike shorts too - esp if I'm wearing a skirt but doing something active like climbing the stairs at the Meteora monasteries....

works great under my make up!!!..same product marketed as "PRIMER" is about $30 for 1/8th the amount..gel about $7 for med sz tube!