Invitied to tour Riviera

Orator

I am a loyal Celebrity cruiser.I've taken more than 40 Celebrity cruises in the last 3 1/2 years. I currently have 7 future cruises booked including two TAs and two Med. cruises. I received a call from an agent inviting me to tour the Riviera on February 2nd. I'll be on a B2B on Reflection starting January 26th and Feb. 2nd will be the turnaround day, so I'll be on port at that time. I've also been told that I will be offered some very "special deals". Obviously Oceania wants my business. As a frequent cruiser on Celebrity I receive lots of perks that go beyond their Captain's Club program. I've known some of the Senior Staff for many years and have seen them advance in their careers. I'm often given discounts as high as 50% off in te Specialty Restaurnts. In short, I'm a happy Celebrity cruiser.

I'm open to trying a cruise on Oceania, but wonder how it might differ from my Celebrity experience. Do I really want to go on a ship and not know the staff? Do I want to cruise without the perks that have become standard for me? I've been to all the ports many times so that where they go is of little importance to me. As they say in Mexico: " It doesn't cost to look". Any thoughts?

cruises as well and have enjoyed SOME extras, but not anywhere near as much as you have. We are itinerary driven though and over the past five years have opened our eyes to other cruise lines. We did one Oceania on the Regatta and loved it. However, we are about to go on the Marina and the Riviera over six times in the next 18 months. We sincerely believe Oceania is better, and although giving up some perks, we are definitely going to enjoy the Owners Suite on Oceania..the first time is in less than a month.

Happy cruising.

If your TA invited you sounds like THEY want your business & a bigger commission ;)

Not sure what PERKS you get with X so cannot compare

You will get 100% off the specialty restaurants on Oceania

Very limited smoking venues

no formal nights (which is a plus for some)

Good food (subjective I know)

You are invited for a short tour not for the whole cruise ..so what do you have to lose a few hours of your time

Go have a look ...

What cruise line you sail with is your choice but it will not hurt to have a look at other lines

We are frequent O cruisers but we are boarding Solstice today in Sydney

The S class ships are comparable to Marina and Riviera.

In fact we llike them better than o's large ships!

The R class ships (700 passengers) is where o cannot be beat. There the experience is very different

Take the tour. Nothing to lose

I have not been on nearly as many Celebrity Cruises are you, but have been on a bunch...see my signature.

My first time on Oceania last month and was WoWed. It was amazing, the food can not compare IMO. The ship I went on was the Riviera...not sure I would want to go on their older ships...I am just not a fan of older ships in general. Riviera is amazing, and felt all inclusive. And although I love celebrity I am so glad I tried something else because I saw a big difference.

Thanks for the responses. I most certainly will take advantage of the opportunity to visit the ship. Look forward to the lunch as I've heard wonderful things about the food and service.

Look at it this way ...you get a free lunch & a change of scenery for a few hours :rolleyes:

You have nothing to lose and you will find Oceania's Riviera a stunning ship. The staff is outstanding and the food in the specialty restaurants can't be beat.....and....those restaurants are free. You get 50% off and we don't pay anthing for our specialty restaurants. How's that for a perk?

You have nothing to lose and you will find Oceania's Riviera a stunning ship. The staff is outstanding and the food in the specialty restaurants can't be beat.....and....those restaurants are free. You get 50% off and we don't pay anthing for our specialty restaurants. How's that for a perk?

I most certainly plan to visit and most likely will book a cruise. You are really paying for those specialty restaurants, it's imbeded in the cruise fare.

You are really paying for those specialty restaurants, it's imbeded in the cruise fare.

OH NO I thought they were FREE just like the FREE air & Hotels, capuccinos, soft drinks :eek:

I am so disappointed now :rolleyes:

Just like finding out there is no Santa Claus or Easter Bunny I am so depressed now

OH NO I thought they were FREE just like the FREE air & Hotels, capuccinos, soft drinks :eek:

Just like finding out there is no Santa Claus or Easter Bunny I am so depressed now

ROTFL

Jancruz1

Not to mention the free food in the dining rooms, the free beds, the free entertainment, the free swimming pool, the free elevators. I never realized my cruise fare was covering all that! :p

Archived