Excursions in August 2013

timkins42

My wife and I are trying to book our excursions for our cruise in August 2013. We are looking at an ATV excursion while in Denali,a bike tour in Whitehorse and the Zipline in Ketchikan. Any thoughts or suggestions regarding these three excursions would be appreciated.

We're also going to Alaska in August & I just started looking into the ports.

EVERYONE recommends Harv & Marv Whale watching in Juneau & Michelle with Island Wings in Ketchikan to tour the Misty Fjords.

The other excursions I'm looking into are with our cruise line, Celebrity.

Hope that helps! I was kind of overwhelmed, but having a really great time now that I've broken the ice!:)

This has been viewed by over 200 and nobody has a suggestion or reply? Must be I am asking the wrong questions.:)

We're going in August also and have a day with Island Wings planned for Ketchikan (Misty Fjiords / Traitors Cover Bear watching, Ziplining in Skagway, Juneau on our own & whale watching in Icy Strait.

What your doing sounds like fun to me. What dates are you going to be there timkins?

Never done the ATV tour in Denali as this will be our first time, thinking about white water rafting late in the day.

We arrive in Anchorage the 15th of August and the land tour starts on Saturday the 17th. We go to Denali for 2 1/2 days and then by train to Fairbanks and then by bus to the Yukon Territory through Whitehorse City and then by train to Skagway and have decided on the Dog Sledding out of Skagway. Board the Volendam in Skagway on August 24th for the inside passage and a stop in Ketchikan where we are doing the Zipline. Then disembarking in Vancouver on the 28th of August for the flight home.

That's funny timkins, we fly in to Anchorage on the 15th also. Our tour starts on Friday as we head to Denali that day and spend 2 nights then we head to Girdwood and stay at the Alyeska Resort. Our ship, the Norwegian Sun, sails out of Whittier on the 19th. Maybe we'll run into you somewhere. ;)

Our flight from Chicago is SUPPOSED to get into Anchorage about 1:30 or so and we are staying at the Westmark in downtown Anchorage. Hopefully we will have transportation from the airport to the hotel. When we were there in 2011 we stayed at the Alyeska and were very impressed with the hotel. Ate at the Double Musky in Girdwood. A little rustic but the food was great as was the people who worked there. Really starting to get excited with only 197 days to the vacation.

• 5 months later...
My wife and I are trying to book our excursions for our cruise in August 2013. We are looking at an ATV excursion while in Denali,a bike tour in Whitehorse and the Zipline in Ketchikan. Any thoughts or suggestions regarding these three excursions would be appreciated.

Where does the biking go in Whitehorse? Would be a deal breaker.

There are a lot of good reports on the Denali area (will be the state park, not at the national park area).

Archived