Using IPAD on the Century

CN1

Can anyone tell me if they have used an iPad on the Century and do you have to buy a package of minutes?? Thank you.

Friends of ours used their iPad on Century last April. Yes, you do have to buy an internet package. There is no free WiFi on most cruise ships no matter what kind of gadget you have. You have to access the Internet somehow.

(I'm not counting free WiFi with Captains Club)

I have not used an iPad but it would be the same as using any other computer or computing device such as Kindle or Nook, etc..... You only need to purchase / use Wi-Fi minutes (package or not) *IF* you want to connect to the internet for email or web activity. If you only want to use it as an e-reader or to access your saved files on the device, you would not have a need for, nor would you be required to purchase, a "package of minutes".:)

Edit: Janet & I were typing replies at the same time. Her answer is correct *IF* you want to access the internet. Please understand the difference between her response & mine.... both of which are 100% accurate.

I had my ipad on the Century. You need to buy an internet package to get on the internet and check emails.

You do not need an internet package to take pictures, read your books, magazines ,listen to music that you have already downloaded on your device.

Friends of ours used their iPad on Century last April. Yes, you do have to buy an internet package. There is no free WiFi on most cruise ships no matter what kind of gadget you have. You have to access the Internet somehow.

(I'm not counting free WiFi with Captains Club)

Does that mean that you can access FREE WiFi in the Captain's Club? Thanks

So, the 90 minute Elite Internet use coupons can be turned into a WiFi package? I didn't know that. I thought it was only for Internet use in the I cafe.. How much is the lowest WiFi package? I will be traveling with an iPad this next cruise. It would be great to be able to log-on in my stateroom instead of having to run down to the I-cafe twice a day to check my email.

Ipad and Elite coupons did us for 15 nite Hawaii. Ipad worked great but obviously better in certain places. Not like at home on cable though :(

Definitely not like the cable at home!:D

We did the 15 day Hawaii cruise with the 90 minutes per person Elite coupons. They would not combine them into one like Royal Caribbean does, but the WiFi was in our Sky Suite and it worked fine, though slowly. Also, Hawaii is the United States, so if you have apps for email on your smartphone, use them when in port. It's probably free for you as it was for me with Verizon.

Captain's Club (Elite) members do not get this free 90 minutes of internet time automatically. You still need to go to the internet cafe, purchase the corresponding package, and present your coupon. The package will be charged to your seapass and then it will be credited back.

So, the 90 minute Elite Internet use coupons can be turned into a WiFi package? I didn't know that. I thought it was only for Internet use in the I cafe.. How much is the lowest WiFi package? I will be traveling with an iPad this next cruise. It would be great to be able to log-on in my stateroom instead of having to run down to the I-cafe twice a day to check my email.

Yes, As Linda indicated.... purchase a 90 minute package (cost = $50) & turn in your Captain's Club Elite coupon (value = $50). You'll see a charge and offsetting credit to equal a net cost of $0 for Elites. My wife & I each use the same login account until those 90 minutes are exhausted then use the 2nd account. Since we are both Elite, each of us gets a $50 coupon and each sets up a 90 minute package.:)

Archived