Most interesting person(s) met on a cruise

Pagogo

We always meet lots of great people, and cruises are some of the best places to "people watch". We met a couple on the Explorer of the Seas 2011 Thanksgiving cruise named Ken & Rachel. Beautiful couple who were always dancing and wearing matching outfits. I mean everything matched from hats, scarfs, clothes ect... Rachel apparently makes most of their clothes. They cruise all the time and I'm told brought 12 suitcases on that sailing!

We met a couple on the Rhapsody in April 2006, and became friends, never getting their last name , only known as Chuck and Gaye..I have posted a photo of them before trying to see if anyone knows them. They are from the Houston area. Anybody recognize them..? My wife is on the left. Photo was at Key West..

sany1776.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Well, I don't like to boast. ;-)

Seriously, one of the things I love about cruising is the wide variety of people you meet. They're from all over, and have all sorts of interesting lives. Fascinating. The best thing about it, is this is a free commodity. Just open up a little, and be prepared to be amazed...and not just by me. ;-)

My favorites...Gloria Estefan and Jon Secada....sailed with both a couple of times on the Majesty of the Seas. Gloria sat one table over from us at dinner each night with her husband and family. Never spoke with her, didn't want to bother her, but Jon I spoke with while having drinks at the Pool Bar.

You never know who you will meet!

We met Mario RCL's top cruiser.

Me too! I'm sure we're not the only ones...lol

I could be sitting with some famous star at dinner, in the bar, etc and would never know it...

Every cruise we meet interesting people, some I wish we would have kept in contact with. But none where I would have stories to repeat on CC. One of these days...

Met Super Mario too!!! We meet great people all the time on the Flowrider all the time and keep in touch. We even try to cruise on the same sailing.

Me too! I'm sure we're not the only ones...lol

I could be sitting with some famous star at dinner, in the bar, etc and would never know it...

Every cruise we meet interesting people, some I wish we would have kept in contact with. But none where I would have stories to repeat on CC. One of these days...

Our first would be Viv and Bert "Mr.Hot and Sexy" from Miami. A very cool couple to be with all the time, we had a great time in St Martin. She has a heart of gold. The second was a great couple, Toni and Dave from Canada both Royal Canadian MP's from British Columbia. They were celebrating their 20 yr anniversary. Couldn't dock in St Kitts to renew their vows due to weather. Princess got their deposit back and performed it on the ship. We were invited and had a great time with them. Miss all of them.

On our first cruise we had the greatest tablemates in the MDR. We jokingly called it the "engagement cruise" because two of the couples were recently engaged before sailing, and DH and I got engaged DURING that sailing. One of the couples are now two of our dearest friends and we get together several times per year (they live in Chicago and we live in Minneapolis). :D

We always meet lots of great people, and cruises are some of the best places to "people watch". We met a couple on the Explorer of the Seas 2011 Thanksgiving cruise named Ken & Rachel. Beautiful couple who were always dancing and wearing matching outfits. I mean everything matched from hats, scarfs, clothes ect... Rachel apparently makes most of their clothes. They cruise all the time and I'm told brought 12 suitcases on that sailing!

Was this a much older couple?!? We came across a couple that you described on the Explorer 4 years ago!!! Always dressed to the hilt, dancing at the promenade, etc... Wonder if they get paid to cruise!?! LOL

LOL, as soon as you mentioned the matching clothes I knew who you were talking about. We sailed with them on Ex also. I have actually come across pics of them from other peoples threads over the years.

We have met so many great people over the years, not only on the ship but in the ports also.

We met a man at dinner that claimed he was SUPPOSED to be the pilot the night that Lynyrd Skynyrd's plane crashed, but had swapped routes with another guy. The guy who died in that fiery crash in the swamp.

I'm not sure there is any way to prove/disprove that because it's 35 years old and fairly obscure. So, I choose to believe him.

First RCI cruise on Splendour we met and had for table mates 2 of the engineers and their wives from Finland that were part of the building team for the then Project Eagle "Voyager class' That made for interesting conversation. :)

Archived