A few questions from an X newbie.....

Arizona Cruz Chic

I think everyone in the world loves Tutti Salad!! The MDR will be open for lunch on sea days, but no, no fabulous signature salad. However, on one sea day there is a brunch to knock your socks off. The MDR is decorated with ice sculptures, food displays, and a buffet to end all buffets. Ask your waiter the first night when the brunch is going to be held, and don't miss it. It's really lovely and wonderful.

However, on one sea day there is a brunch to knock your socks off. The MDR is decorated with ice sculptures, food displays, and a buffet to end all buffets. Ask your waiter the first night when the brunch is going to be held, and don't miss it. It's really lovely and wonderful.

I HATE the brunch...

If I wanted a buffet, I would just go to the buffet!

They take away the more dignified and superior sit-down lunch that day...and replace it with a disorganized zoo...

Nobody eats together as everyone is scrambling around for food...

The waiters assign tables without knowing if they've already been assigned because everyone is up looking for food...

It's all pretty much unappetizing...

The food isn't any better than the regular buffet upstairs...maybe a few different items, but less selection...

If they wanted to give you ice sculptures, they could always just set them up at the buffet...

I think the people who usually eat in the buffet anyway tend to love this "brunch"...those of us who normally avoid the buffet...and who like our meals SERVED to us...absolutely abhor it...

JMHO...

I thought it was going to be amazing... but I agree with Steve. I was told by the salad lady to ask my waiter for salad dressing. I did that and he brought some bleu cheese dressing and I told him to take it away.... I asked for ranch. I actually went away hungry. It was CHAOS! It is a beautiful display of ice carvings. Next trip I'll go get my favorite veggie pizza up in the buffet... Delicious!

I love the brunch! I think it is sort of a substitute for the midnight buffet. But I can actually eat now. Before I would take pics and go back to my room because I couldn't eat at midnight. Sometimes they have a chocolate buffet late night with gorgeous decorations, chocolate fountains and tons of lovely desserts. I don't eat much there due to my diabetes, but snitch a bite or two, lol.

If you get to the brunch close to closing time you will have trouble finding some things, like salad dressing, but usually there are bowls of dressing to ladle from. I love the pasta bar and the lines are shorter than in the regular buffet. I like the ice sculptures and chocolate fountains, flowers melon bowls and carvings.

To each his own!

I HATE the brunch...

If I wanted a buffet, I would just go to the buffet!

They take away the more dignified and superior sit-down lunch that day...and replace it with a disorganized zoo...

Nobody eats together as everyone is scrambling around for food...

The waiters assign tables without knowing if they've already been assigned because everyone is up looking for food...

It's all pretty much unappetizing...

The food isn't any better than the regular buffet upstairs...maybe a few different items, but less selection...

If they wanted to give you ice sculptures, they could always just set them up at the buffet...

I think the people who usually eat in the buffet anyway tend to love this "brunch"...those of us who normally avoid the buffet...and who like our meals SERVED to us...absolutely abhor it...

JMHO...

Hi Steve 'waves'

We didn't attend on the Century as it sounded like a 'bun fight'! We have a restaurant chain here in NZ called Valentines - buffet dining and those dreadful images was all I could imagine!!!!:eek:

I am sure the staff put on a wonderful show... but.... not for me.

We had a wonderful brunch and had a sit down meal and met up with some people from roll call. Was nice to catch up with them at the end of the cruise. We were sitting at one of the long tables so met aquaintances from them too.

Do not agree that it was the same as in the buffet, because I had shrimps, 3 kinds of smoked salmon and smoked trout, Yum!

Just read some of the very mixed replies. Isn't it great that a cruise manages to cater to all tastes? I happen to appreciate all food on a cruise because I don't have to make it -- so I eat anywhere and everywhere and then work it off in the gym or walking the deck! Heaven!! :)

Just read some of the very mixed replies. Isn't it great that a cruise manages to cater to all tastes? I happen to appreciate all food on a cruise because I don't have to make it -- so I eat anywhere and everywhere and then work it off in the gym or walking the deck! Heaven!! :)

You got that right! I don't have to plan, shop, lug it home, out it away, cook it and clean it up!

Archived