Definition of “full board” on various cruise lines?

SatuS

Even with large websites, I find it difficult to find exact information on what really is included in the cruise price of different cruise lines.

We have cruised Oceania and RCCL so far. Oceania was more expensive but on the other hand their “full board” is much more than on Royal Caribbean: all the speciality restaurants are included as well as cappuccinos, icecreams etc. and ALL non alcoholic drinks all over the ship, even fancy drinks in the bar. (Also the ship was far more elegant). We enjoy impeccable service and surroundings but can settle with less too. But at the moment we are not willing to pay extra for anything on a cruise but excursions. So which lines to avoid if we are looking for at least included room service and non alcoholic beverages, or “as much as possible”. I'm especially interested to learn more abous Costa & MSC as we mainly cruise in the Mediterranean.

Thank you for your help!

Satu

You'll need to stick to the expensive luxury lines. P&O, for example, doesn't charge for room service (I think, though I've never used it) but does charge for soft drinks other than tea in the buffet. (You'd save a thousand or two pounds with them, but presumably that's not the issue.)

I don't believe any of the lines charge for room service (outside of a service charge for specific items or times). However all of the lines charge for beverages outside of water, iced tea, and some juices. Disney, I believe, is an exception in that it includes soda.

Regent is all inclusive including excursions

Azamara may work for you as well

Other than the Luxury lines I do not think any compare to Oceania

for all the inclusions

Sometimes it is worth the extra $$ :D

Forget HAL.

You do have to pay to eat in the speciality restaurants.

The only free drinks are water, coffee, tea, iced tea, lemonade or punch (whichever is in the machine) and juices at the Lido and dining room.

And there are reports that on some of the ships -- in the main dining room you now have to pay for capaccino and espresso.

Forget HAL.

You do have to pay to eat in the speciality restaurants.

The only free drinks are water, coffee, tea, iced tea, lemonade or punch (whichever is in the machine) and juices at the Lido and dining room.

And there are reports that on some of the ships -- in the main dining room you now have to pay for capaccino and espresso.

HAL??

99% of the "mass market" cruise lines fit that description!

Most of the luxury lines do include all the things you are talking about--but of course at a very premium price.

If you want to do, say RCI, why not just add the things you want, like specialty restaurants, drink package, coffee card, etc. to your cruise bill. All you have to do is pay it at the end--it will come off the credit card automatically. I don't see why this is a hassle and you will most likely end up spending much, much less than on a luxury line. Add it up and see how it compares.

The only hassle is probably having your card swiped for drinks if you have a beverage package rather than just ordering if drinks are included already.

Archived