5,000 passengers????

[quote name='Himself']could you see five thousand people catching breakfast in the Lido? Who said bigger was better?[/QUOTE]

I would hope that a ship that size would have twice as many, or twice the normal size, dining rooms, lido areas, show rooms etc...

But still that is an awful lot of people to deal with on one ship.

I don't mind the 2-3000 pax ships. Honestly things do move pretty well on them. But 5000 does seem like an awful lot.

This entire thread reminds me of the Titanic Era...they wanted the biggest and fastest ship around...it was more opulant and classy than any other ship out there at the time...etc etc etc.....no thanks....I'll stay with the smaller ones...As someone said..the competition for seats at the Lido is bad enough with 2000!
Sue117

Well, I do have to admit my curiousity for a ship of that size.
The only thing that came close was the Carniblah Triumph, which carries around 2300 ... more or less.

In those 4 days, it seemed that I would see the same people 5 times in the same day (and night) A fluke?

But noticed the 'crowd effect' almost everywhere. Not just the bodies, but the noise as well. The dining room I was in was like a hangar, so I could hear 1200 conversations going on at once.
Same thing in the show lounge (the architect must have got his idea from the guys who design football stadiums).

:rolleyes:

On that happy note, I'll be promising myself a trip on QM2 just to see if there is any difference. Same amount of pax (2450) but everyone who sailed on her noticed that the ship absorbs everyone comfortably. So when that day comes, I'll happily designate myself as our 'lab rat'.

Thanks for everyones input on this. Look forward to hearing more!

:)

I am sure the size will limit the ports it can call on. The ports it does call on will probably be the ones that are already overcrowded. Can you image St. Thomas with 6 or more ships and on one of them holds 5,000 people?

[quote name='Vic The Parrot']It's the end of civilization as we know it.

[/QUOTE]

Please. Don't you think that being just a "little" dramatic.:rolleyes:

[quote name='bepsf'][font=Georgia][size=3][color=indigo]I have absolutely no desire to go on anything that big - whether it be Cunardival or RCI.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Georgia][size=3][color=indigo][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Georgia][size=3][color=indigo]These are nothing more than floating Las Vegas resorts (and no offense Jim and Lisa, but I have no desire to go there either....) QM2 is already an oversized caricature of an ocean liner - I can't imagine anything larger being remotely "elegant" or "glamorous" - [b]There aren't enough people in the world who would know how to dress for dinner to make it a proper experience...[/b][/color][/size][/font]
:([/QUOTE]

Its really sad that you think that way. You sound so utterly snobbish its not even funny.

[quote name='Vic The Parrot']Well, I do have to admit my curiousity for a ship of that size.
The only thing that came close was the Carniblah Triumph, which carries around 2300 ... more or less.

In those 4 days, it seemed that I would see the same people 5 times in the same day (and night) A fluke?

But noticed the 'crowd effect' almost everywhere. Not just the bodies, but the noise as well. The dining room I was in was like a hangar, so I could hear 1200 conversations going on at once.
Same thing in the show lounge (the architect must have got his idea from the guys who design football stadiums).

On that happy note, I'll be promising myself a trip on QM2 just to see if there is any difference. Same amount of pax (2450) but everyone who sailed on her noticed that the ship absorbs everyone comfortably. So when that day comes, I'll happily designate myself as our 'lab rat'.

:)[/QUOTE]

Good thing there is all those Carnival passangers keeping HAL afloat.

[quote name='Vic The Parrot']Well, I do have to admit my curiousity for a ship of that size.
The only thing that came close was the [b]Carniblah[/b] Triumph, which carries around 2300 ... more or less.

:)[/QUOTE]

I bolded that.... I hope you do realize that Carnival OWNS HAL. ;)

[quote name='bepsf']- There aren't enough people in the world who would know how to dress for dinner to make it a proper experience...[/color][/size][/font]
:([/QUOTE]

Darn!!!!! :cool:

and I was going to go purchase a pair of new jeans for dinner in the dining room on this new ship .. :(

[quote name='Bsan1221']Darn!!!!! :cool:

and I was going to go purchase a pair of new jeans for dinner in the dining room on this new ship .. :([/QUOTE]The pretty pink ones or the standard blue you normally wear...?

[quote name='Bsan1221']Darn!!!!! :cool:

and I was going to go purchase a pair of new jeans for dinner in the dining room on this new ship .. :([/QUOTE]I have the cutest pair of jean shorts that i can wear.They even have a belt.:p :)

[quote name='Kevin T Brown']The pretty pink ones or the standard blue you normally wear...?[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of mixing things up and maybe show up in red ones... ;)

[quote name='corina27']I have the cutest pair of jean shorts that i can wear.They even have a belt. ..[/QUOTE]

Ouuuuu!!!!! Not a bad idea... The belt can be your "formal night" accessory.! ;)

[quote name='WillK'] Invasion of the Carnivores..[/QUOTE]

Is that the best you can come up with??? LOL

Its a little "played out" ;)

We found 2700 to be large..plus it took us almost 2 hours to get off the ship through Customs, we'd be lucky to get off by midnight if were on that ship with all those people..lol..

I am looking forward to reading the Cruise Reviews for this ship :)

[quote name='ekerr19'][color=black]They might as well be doing it already - all the junk they sell is reminiscent of Wal-Mart to me... [/color][/QUOTE]

Ummm... I wonder if I can use my frequent Wal-Mart shopper card on the cruise ship??? ;)

[quote name='WillK']Invasion of the Carnivores:p[/QUOTE] C'mon Bsan, that was actually cute. [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/dmscrsrs04/yes.gif[/img]

WillK, next time post it like this: [color=lime]Carni[/color]vores, much more flare. You know how we like our neon.

Archived