Question for the guys . . . formal nights on Oasis

ricardin

Hi all

We are going on The Oasis in March, and just wondered what the main attire is for guys on formal night, suits or tux? My first, and only cruise to date, has been with Princess cruises, and I wore my tux. However, I felt as though I was one of only a few guys wearing a tux, most others in suits, or no jacket at all. Whilst, I do love the occasion to don my tux, I don't necessarily want to feel the odd one out. Just a thought.

Happy sailing all

I have not been on Oasis, but in general with Royal Caribbean, I find that it is quite a mix, with lots of suits and tuxes, as well as some not dressed formally at all. I have worn a tux on several occasions and not felt out of place, but it's probably only 20% of the men (as a rough guess) wearing a tuxedo.

Hi all

We are going on The Oasis in March, and just wondered what the main attire is for guys on formal night, suits or tux? My first, and only cruise to date, has been with Princess cruises, and I wore my tux. However, I felt as though I was one of only a few guys wearing a tux, most others in suits, or no jacket at all. Whilst, I do love the occasion to don my tux, I don't necessarily want to feel the odd one out. Just a thought.

Happy sailing all

My experience is that there are still men wearing a tux at formal night, but they are in the minority.

Hi all

Happy sailing all

On our Oasis cruise we saw tuxes and suits. I don't pay much mind to what others do, I had a black suit and tie, I suggest you dress how ever you desire.

Not a big deal.

I read somewhere on here that most men, at least those that dress up at all, wear dark suits with a fairly large minority in tux on formal nights. I'm bringing a dark charcoal, almost black, suit to wear on formal nights. I also have a tan one I'm planning on wearing to Chef's Table since someone said most people dressed up somewhat for that event.

On sister ship Allure it was anything from a tux to shorts/flip-flops/t-shirt/hat and everywhere in between. While most people did make an effort to get dressed up, tuxes constituted only a small percentage; that said if you want to wear a tux there will certainly be others and it would be completely appropriate.

I have worn a tux on several occasions and not felt out of place, but it's probably only 20% of the men (as a rough guess) wearing a tuxedo.

So doing the math on this ;)

6300 passengers

we'll say it's a 50/50 mix male vs female

3150 men

20% of those are wearing tuxes

630 tuxes on board

Sounds about right... :)

My DH has always worn a black suit on formal night. However, he just told me that he has discovered that his suit "shrunk" since our last sailing.:rolleyes: Rather than go out and buy another one or ~horror of horrors~ go on a diet over the next 90 days he plans to wear a sport coat and tie. So, now I have to look for something to coordinate with his attire for pictures. His sport coat is beige and i have always worn black for formal night.

Tux for me (20 cruises). Never feel out of place wearing the "suggested attire." We have worn tuxes for years and will. It's fun, it looks good, and we enjoy it. Besides, people frequently comment how good we look. Can't go wrong. Oh, by the way, tuxes are cheap to buy. Plus you can accessorize with vests, etc. to elicit a "mood."

Tux for me (20 cruises). Never feel out of place wearing the "suggested attire." We have worn tuxes for years and will. It's fun, it looks good, and we enjoy it. Besides, people frequently comment how good we look. Can't go wrong. Oh, by the way, tuxes are cheap to buy. Plus you can accessorize with vests, etc. to elicit a "mood."

I'm a renter and the quality of the tux on RCI has been pretty good. I know it would be cheaper to buy but I just include it as the cost of having a good time and not having to carry it on board.

Our friends sailed with us on Mariner at New Years, as we walked into the elevator on our way to dinner on the first formal night a Mexican lady and her friend both commented how handsome my friend and I looked in our dinner jackets (tuxes), they quickly added how beautifully dressed our wives were too.

They explained how they often see ladies 'dressed to the nines' but where they came from men dressed up meant a shirt with sleeves and a collar!.....

Go for the tux' and make someone else's evening as well!

Archived