Is print copy of New York Times still delivered to cabin?

Tabbymom

Different strokes and all that, but by 8 a.m., I have slept in really late (5:30 if you can imagine!), gotten coffee and sipped it while watching sunrise from the balcony, walked 2-3 miles on deck, showered, eaten breakfast, and had a frou-frou coffee from the Explorations Cafe ... where I determinedly walk past the display of the NYT, Canadian, etc., because I go on cruise to get away from all that nonsense. (I live in the suburbs of Washington, D.C., easily the most self-important snotty city in the world, whose main industry is hot gas.)

O.K., I admit that DW tries the NYT puzzle ... but only after she has finished the sudokus. We sometimes check the weather, hoping the folks back home are freezing :D. But, while on cruise we DON'T want to know the latest outrage perpetrated by our mis-Representative and mal-Senators in Congress.

But, to get off my rant -- it's been hit or miss, and more miss lately whether they deliver them to the cabin mail slots.

Rant back on: (Not that the NYT has a scintilla of credibility. Neither does the Washington comPost, but at least they have good comics).

Dave

Well, while we have different body clocks, we share similar sentiments on our gummint!

I had previously experienced the discontinuation of the mass delivery of the Times, but had been successful in requesting it be delivered on previous cruises on HAL. SO, first day of the cruise I went to the front desk and asked for it to be delivered to my stateroom. The clerk noted my cabin number and stated that the paper would be delivered. However, next morning no paper. SO, I went to the front desk again to inquire and was told that the paper was no longer being delivered to staterooms. I told the young lady that I had been there the day before and had been told that it would be delivered??? Again she informed me that they did not provide the service any longer. I then asked for a supervisor. I explained the situation to the supervisor about having been told two different answers to my request. The supervisor told me that indeed I could have the paper delivered and would see that it was done.

For the next week I received two papers every morning:D. However, I am of the opinion that HAL is indeed attempting to discontinue stateroom delivery and I am quite certain it will be a thing of the past shortly:mad:.

While sailing on the Statendam in March 2012 myDH noted that we had not had the paper delivered to our stateroom. He went to the front desk and after asking for our stateroom the staff said it would be delivered. After that request we received it most days but on occasion had to go look for one.

If you can't readily find a copy of the Times, just go to the front desk. If asked they will print one for you. If someone says that they can't print a copy, ask to see the supervisor and you will have your copy of the paper.

If you happen to be in a deluxe suite and the Neptune Lounge has run out of copies, one will be printed for you upon request.

Archived