Hawaii Cruise on Princess

travelgirl05

I am getting ready to book the 15 day cruise to Hawaii (November 2013) on the Sapphire Princess. Can anyone tell me about C748 or C753 cabin we are thinking of booking? Has anyone ever done the helicopter tours in Hawaii? Thoughts on those? And one last question (maybe :)) what ports should I just do a beach day and where? Thanks to anyone who can help!

I am getting ready to book the 15 day cruise to Hawaii (November 2013) on the Sapphire Princess. Can anyone tell me about C748 or C753 cabin we are thinking of booking? Has anyone ever done the helicopter tours in Hawaii? Thoughts on those? And one last question (maybe :)) what ports should I just do a beach day and where? Thanks to anyone who can help!

On our last cruise (the Golden to Hawaii) in October, we had a balcony towards the rear of the ship. I think our cabin was in the 700s on the Aloha deck, and had no problem. We have a cruise scheduled in February on the Sapphire and once again have a balcony in the 700s on the Baja deck

If you can't find a cabin in the middle, Aft is much more desirable than forward.

The easiest port to 'beach it" is Kauai .... there's a nice little beach within walking distance, or one can take the free shuttle to it right from the pier.

It's on a quiet cove, and is in front of a nice hotel, where one can rent beach lounges and umbrellas from the kiosk, and there's a Duke's restaurant, a nice place to sit outdoors and enjoy lunch and the view when you're done sunning yourself. After lunch you can browse the nearby shops for souvenirs. And there's a ABC store there too.

The easiest port to 'beach it" is Kauai .... there's a nice little beach within walking distance, or one can take the free shuttle to it right from the pier.

It's on a quiet cove, and is in front of a nice hotel, where one can rent beach lounges and umbrellas from the kiosk, and there's a Duke's restaurant, a nice place to sit outdoors and enjoy lunch and the view when you're done sunning yourself. After lunch you can browse the nearby shops for souvenirs. And there's a ABC store there too.

First of all an ABC store is there, where isn't there an ABC Store LOL! Are you referring to the beach you at the Marriot? If I remember right this is not a "Calm" beach, at least it was not when were last there. If you are referring to a different beach, can you snorkle there? Thanks your help

I have and can get a middle cabin but the ones on Caribe Aft looked like they had a different view and curved balcony. Since they are labeled premium cabins I think might be fun to try it once.

We have stayed in 753, its an excellent cabin/balcony.

Don't think you will be dissappointed. ;)

I haven't done a helicopter tour in Hawaii however, we did go on an air tour. We booked with Wings over Kauai, they were great and picked us up at the dock.

As for beaches, I go in Maui, it is a short walk to either beach and you can get in all your shopping on the way back.

Oh my gosh! We did "doors off" helicopter tour over the volcano on the big island. It was great. I almost froze before we got over the volcano where it was a lot warmer, but it was still great. It was a small helicopter, only two seats in the back. I had one, dh had the other, so we both got a great view out and down. Loved it. :)

We have done the cruise to Hawaii 3 times and have done many excursions both on our own and through the ship. See our blogs below for pictures and detailed fun.

You will love it!!!

Oh my gosh! We did "doors off" helicopter tour over the volcano on the big island. It was great. I almost froze before we got over the volcano where it was a lot warmer, but it was still great. It was a small helicopter, only two seats in the back. I had one, dh had the other, so we both got a great view out and down. Loved it. :)

I did this ride too. So awesome and I am not crazy about riding a helicopter to begin with. It was highly recommended to me and I will do the same. Unfortunately, it is usually the last flight of the day which may exclude a lot of cruise passengers.

Renee

I did this ride too. So awesome and I am not crazy about riding a helicopter to begin with. It was highly recommended to me and I will do the same. Unfortunately, it is usually the last flight of the day which may exclude a lot of cruise passengers.

Renee

They may have changed the schedule, since ours was sometime around midday. They currently offer morning and afternoon, but there's no ability to pick an exact time.

Blue Hawaiian Helicopter have done two Big Island, and Kauai. Great helicopters, breathtaking to say the least and you can get a CD or the trip.

The last time we were there, Kauai Princess used BHH so we booked direct. Saved almost $200.00 but a gamble. We were watching weather close. As sometimes they can skip Kauai.

First of all an ABC store is there, where isn't there an ABC Store LOL! Are you referring to the beach you at the Marriot? If I remember right this is not a "Calm" beach, at least it was not when were last there. If you are referring to a different beach, can you snorkle there? Thanks your help

It's the Kalapaki Beach, within walking distance from the Anchor Cove shopping center referred to, and next to the Marriott and Dukes. There's also food stands -- a couple of years ago, I bought my daughter a shaved ice there. The two times we were there, it seemed calm. Kids were surfing. Don't know about snorkeling there as I'm not into that.

Archived