4 day cruises

sweetcurves

Are they worth it? I have to fly in and out so we're actually talking about 6 days if I fly in the day before.

I'm looking at taking one on my fall break from school and just want to know if it's going to be worth all the arrangements, the lugging my laptop to do homework etc. I'd wait and take one during the break between semesters but that's Christmas and holy expensive.

Is your fall break during Thanksgiving? If so - just don't fly the "day of"

Any cruise is better than being at home

Do we prefer 7+ days =yes

Is life to short to wait:

for the perfect time and money to ONLY take 7+ days = YES

:D

Are they worth it? I have to fly in and out so we're actually talking about 6 days if I fly in the day before.

I'm looking at taking one on my fall break from school and just want to know if it's going to be worth all the arrangements, the lugging my laptop to do homework etc. I'd wait and take one during the break between semesters but that's Christmas and holy expensive.

We did it just to see a new class a ship, with a price of $299 which included airfare. Yes it was short, as even 7 day cruises go by so fast, but it was better than not being on one, and was not in place of a 7 day one.

4 day cruises are a bit on the short side, but they definitely do the trick. When you're sitting on the lido deck in sunny, 80F weather, sipping your fru fru drink, you'll defintely think it was worth it! :)

In my opinion, 5 day cruises mimic the feel of a 7 day cruise a bit better than a 4 day, so if you can find a 5 day that will work for you, I'd opt for that (there are some Monday-Saturday itineraries).

We've been on 2 short cruises and had to fly to the port. It was a nice little "escape" and we enjoyed it. However we did find that the shorter itineraries seemed to have more party people. Guess it might depend on the time of year. There were a few bachelor parties, girls get-a-aways, that sort of thing. We hooked up with friends both times that we hadn't seen in awhile. Otherwise it might not have been worth it.

I have done a handful and actually enjoy them. I do a lot of four days as solos and that seems to be a good amount of time to get away by myself. Of course, I live in Atlanta and find decent airfare to Miami, etc. I can also travel just about whenever and usually do my four days when they are very cheap.

I wouldn't do anything less than a 7 day cruise unless I lived close to the port and could drive there. To me it's not worth the effort and air fare for anything shorter than 7 days. The cruise experience is different on the shorter cruises and they're over way too soon.

We started out doing 4 days to get our feet wet. We went as a group and many had never cruised before. We now do 7 day and are ready for longer! I would never diss anyone for wanting to do a 4 day.

We have to fly in and we extend our vacation a few days on land if we do a shorter cruise.

I don't get the attitude of some who think it has to be 7 days or longer, never during spring break, or have to have a balcony. If someone wants to jump on a short cruise, in an inside cabin, in March, who's to judge?

I have a pet peeve about cruise snobs. What ever floats your boat, that's what I say!

We used to do the shorter cruises and when we were first starting to cruise it was nice. Now however, I can't I imagine doing anything shorter than 7. I am limited to 7 nighters during the school year because I have to go on school breaks, but summer I look for longer ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

In my opinion, 5 day cruises mimic the feel of a 7 day cruise a bit better than a 4 day, so if you can find a 5 day that will work for you, I'd opt for that (there are some Monday-Saturday itineraries).

Completely agree... That extra days makes a huge difference. PLUS...5 days start the 'Past Guest Party' on Carnival. :cool:

I took the family on the Imagination for a 4 day in June. It was well worth it. BUT I live here so its easier to pull off.

We have done one 4-day, a 7-day, and two 5-days. We hugely prefer 5 day cruises. A 4-day cruise will leave you wanting more. A 7-day cruise leaves us ready to get off the boat on day 6, so 5-days are just perfect for our family.

But, I would not snub a 4-day if the timing, price, and itinerary is just right. A cruise is a cruise!

If your schedule only allows time for a four-day, then yes, it's worth it. It's better than sitting at home, wishing you were on a cruise ship. The only four-day we've done was a New Year's cruise. We had a great time! Of course, we wished it could have been longer, but it was still an unforgettable experience.:)

Wasnt that party replaced with a coupon for a drink at a limited time of the day in limited locations?

hmmm... I don't think so. The coupons are part of the VIFP program. The last cruise we were on (see below) had a past guest party and we got the 'limited use' coupons as well because we are gold level. We also got our pins. The coupons were a let down, I must say.

hmmm... I don't think so. The coupons are part of the VIFP program. The last cruise we were on (see below) had a past guest party and we got the 'limited use' coupons as well because we are gold level. We also got our pins. The coupons were a let down, I must say.

Actually, yes and no. The past guest party was replaced by a drink for the RED level cruisers. ( which i believe are those with less then 35 days of cruising history with Carnival). The past guest party exist for the gold level and above.

I prefer 7 days or longer cruises, but with my new job, getting more than 5 days off is next to impossible. Vacation times are getting cancelled due to staffing shortages. So I take what I can get. Not really thrilled about taking my upcoming 4 days cruise, but it was the only option I had.

I can't wait to get back to those 8 day cruises again. :D

I'd say if a 4 day is what fits your schedule, then you will make it work.

I've done 3 day cruises where I have flown in the day of.

I've done one night cruise to nowhere in the same manner, back in the day when I was a travel agent. ( I sailed on the industry only CTN's on both the Fantasy and the Ecstasy)

I've also done 7 night cruises.

Each is a different experience. 3-4 day cruises would be, for me, an 'escape' from work, a great girls or guys weekend, or just a good bit of r&r.

I'm booked on a 4 night in April because it was doable within my timeframe--I bought airline tickets for another event that was cancelled, so I'm making good use of my time!) I'm looking forward to some sunshine and warm weather to break up this damp, grey, and lllloooonnngggg Pacific Northwest winter that lasts until June. :)

My daughter and I took a 4 day cruise on the Destiny over a long Labor Day weekend and had a blast! We went to Key West and Cozumel. In Key West we did parasailing and in Cozumel we did swimming with dolphins. It was a wonderful vacation, even if it was shorter than I wished. Go and enjoy!

Archived