Is it wrong

jbomb316

I went on my first cruise in June 2011. Came home and booked the next one a week later. I now have booked for 2014 already and am considering a second one that year as well :)

I never thought I would like cruising but it's like vacation crack once you try it!

Sounds like you need to go to the Dr. You have what we call "The Cruise bug". I hate when it hits me because all I think about is going on the next one..Before you know I booked the next one.

Only cure for it. Book the next one and your Temps will go up with the anticipation of that cruise.

Is it wrong i haven't even been on our first cruise and me and my future bride are looking to go on others already

Your future bride and you are definitely doing the right thing! However, wait until you return from your first cruise before you secure the next one so that you can see what you liked and disliked. Ships, itineraries, cruise lines, types of staterooms can vary greatly...:)

I love cruising, but unfortunately there are some, a few that don't really care about it. Everyone has differenct taste. I know of a person that got so seasick on her first cruise that she will never go on another one. She tried all of the different anti-seasick stuff and nothing helped.

I would wait until you take your first cruise before you book another one. Hopefully you will not be in the minority of people who don't like cruises.

Nothing wrong with that. DH and I booked our 2nd cruise before we even went on our first. Then 10 days after we returned from our first cruise, we booked our 3rd and are always looking for good deals to sail again. Welcome to the wonderful world of cruising!

I would try it out first to make sure enjoy it.

Many people do not like the ships for diferent reasons and I totally understand.

It could be the crowds, lines, waiting, small rooms, rocking, short port times, small showers & baths, stupid activities, ect.

If I did not have young kids I would be at an all-inclusive somewhere...

This is me! Haven't gone on my first one yet (100 days) but already dreaming and researching future cruises. My DH keeps saying we should get through this one first. He wants to relax and enjoy this one, and then plan another.

I would try it out first to make sure enjoy it.

Many people do not like the ships for diferent reasons and I totally understand.

It could be the crowds, lines, waiting, small rooms, rocking, short port times, small showers & baths, stupid activities, ect.

If I did not have young kids I would be at an all-inclusive somewhere...

I agree with this completely. Plenty of people don't like cruising, and many hate it. I am not completely sold on it even though I post around CC regularly. They are pros and cons to every type of vacation.

I guess it's like this - I wouldn't book a trip to Rome and, before even going, book a second trip to Rome. Because, in the end, I don't know if I'll like Rome (and in reality I don't like Rome at all).

Just check and see if you like it before blowing money on more of it. Even if you do end up liking one cruiseline, you may not like another. You don't want to, for example, book a cruise on Royal Caribbean, realize you prefer a different line for some reason (food, too many families, ships too big, whatever), but already be booked on a second RC cruise.

If you decide you do love cruising after a few days on board, talk to the future booking agents on board. The cruiseline will usually "give" you something for booking a future cruise onboard -- OBC, smaller deposit, etc. Usually, you don't have to commit to an exact date or they make it easy to change the date. Also, if you use a travel agent you can let them know when you book and then talk to your TA when you get home (so you can still get any perks your TA might give).

Have a fantastic cruise!

Yoiu've probably got the drift by now - yes, its addictive to most but some folk find it's not for them.

And it's not just whether to book another cruise.

You may find that you enjoy it, but got a bit bored on sea-days. So you'll regret that you've booked a trans-Atlantic or US to Hawaii as your second cruise.

You may find you enjoy it, but would have preferred a bigger, or smaller ship. Or a more fun ship, or a more refined ship.

You may find you can't get on with a inside cabin. Or feel that the extra cost of a balcony cabin was wasted on you.

And you'll be cruising with experienced cruisers, so ask them about other ships, other destinations, etc. At dinner is a good time.

No harm in lining up cruise number two. Or even booking it if you can cancel at nil cost.

But I'd caution agaist committing yourself to cruise number two until you get back from cruise number one.

JB :)

Is it wrong i haven't even been on our first cruise and me and my future bride are looking to go on others already

Not wrong at all....

Our first cruise was to Hawaii, r/t San Diego. We booked it 18 months in advance. Talk about excited....my workmates were ready to take up a collection and send me to San Diego 15 months early.

The 2nd day of the cruise we had turbulent seas (as ships most times do on that route) and I swore when we got to the first port I was getting off the ship and never getting back on. No money in the world would have convinced me I would ever be on another cruise.

I was traveling with a large, well seasoned, group of cruisers who nursed me through my dizziness (never threw up, but was very dizzy). We had a great time (it was Hawaii for goodness sake, how can you not)....bought "Future Cruise Credits", and sailed again.

Moral of the story....be excited, but like your first port of call - you may want to move there. :D

Archived