WE WON!!!!!,....Now what????

tgunn1978

We have had our cabin booked for about a month now. Its deposited.

Then, last week the AWESOME-ATION event came out. My bf and I entered through the alternate entry form every day.

Then yesterday he got an email stating that he won an upgrade package.

It says he can use it after he books a cabin to upgrade, or he will get a Carnival gift card for $1000 to use on his next cruise.

Here is our dilemma: We are cruising on May 20th, 2013. We already have the Grand Suite booked. There is no upgrade as this is the best you can get on the ship. So, my question is will be able to use the gift card to take $1000 off of our balance? If it must be used on a new booking only, will we be able to use it to book another cabin for our son and grandaughter to come with us?

We tried calling the fulfillment center, but after many minutes of ringing, the call was disconnected. This happened a few times.

Does anyone know anything about this gift card win?

Thanks for your input.:confused:

Speak to a human at CCL before doing anything. Confirmation is key. Congrats!

Thank you!

We have spoken to Carnival. It is a legitimate win. However the prize fulfillment dept handles the prizes. They were so busy today, we couldn't get through on the phone, so we sent an email. Hoping to hear back soon.

Thank you!

We have spoken to Carnival. It is a legitimate win. However the prize fulfillment dept handles the prizes. They were so busy today, we couldn't get through on the phone, so we sent an email. Hoping to hear back soon.

Sweet and glad it's legit! The spammers send out tons of bogus emails about free stuff to us fellow cruisers and I was just looking out. Have a epic trip!

We won as well, we are sailing on the 24th of this month, I sent an email as well to the prize fulfillment people and got a response that Carnival was aware of our sailing date and that if they couldn't apply it to this cruise we would get the $1000 credit toward our next. It might be better to get the credit rather than the upgrades.

Read the actual wording it usually states "up to 1k"

I still think there are catches people not realize yet, nobody gives away anything for nothing.

About applying to another cruise does the wording actually state that in the sweepstakes if not I not think thats possible that you can apply to another booking.

I not surprised you trying to contact them but you got disconnected, again, nobody gets anything for nothing there is a catch somewhere I think.

Read the actual wording it usually states "up to 1k"

I still think there are catches people not realize yet, nobody gives away anything for nothing.

About applying to another cruise does the wording actually state that in the sweepstakes if not I not think thats possible that you can apply to another booking.

I not surprised you trying to contact them but you got disconnected, again, nobody gets anything for nothing there is a catch somewhere I think.

Our letter states that it is a $1000 gift card, and it CAN BE APPLIED TO ANOTHER BOOKING. It also says that we will get a 1099 at the end of this year, because this prize value is $1000. And all prizes over $600 in value require a 1099 for tax reporting purposes.

I read the email letter very carefully.

There is also a declaration of compliance form we have to sign and return to them.

That part is true about over 600 have to pay taxes and report it. You see, they giving you 1k but now you have to get it by booking up another trip which will cost you more money (cruise fare, drinks, tips, etc) certainly 1k won't pay for an entire week trip.

That part is true about over 600 have to pay taxes and report it. You see, they giving you 1k but now you have to get it by booking up another trip which will cost you more money (cruise fare, drinks, tips, etc) certainly 1k won't pay for an entire week trip.

Actually, you can cruise for less than 1K....

Using your 5/6/13 cruise as an example, current pricing is:

319.00 fare, interior, Super Saver rate

78.55 fees/taxes

57.50 tips

_________

455.05 x 2 folks cruising = $910.10

Nowhere does Carnival say they are giving you a free cruise, they are awarding (at least in some cases) a $1K gift card.

Personally if they offer me one I'm gonna take it and say thank you very much!

Actually, you can cruise for less than 1K....

Using your 5/6/13 cruise as an example, current pricing is:

319.00 fare, interior, Super Saver rate

78.55 fees/taxes

57.50 tips

_________

455.05 x 2 folks cruising = $910.10

Nowhere does Carnival say they are giving you a free cruise, they are awarding (at least in some cases) a $1K gift card.

Personally if they offer me one I'm gonna take it and say thank you very much!

EXACTLY!!! We are thrilled to be in the WINNER's group!!! If we have to use it to book another cruise, we will pay for a cabin for our son and grandkids to come and use it for that. If that doesn't work, we will use it for our next cruise! LOL It's a pleasure to win. I dont care if its for a free photo on the ship. Free is Free, and we will take whatever free stuff they want to give us! It's sad that so many posters try to find a reason to downplay the good fortune of others. Thanks BananaAnna:D

EXACTLY!!! We are thrilled to be in the WINNER's group!!! If we have to use it to book another cruise, we will pay for a cabin for our son and grandkids to come and use it for that. If that doesn't work, we will use it for our next cruise! LOL It's a pleasure to win. I dont care if its for a free photo on the ship. Free is Free, and we will take whatever free stuff they want to give us! It's sad that so many posters try to find a reason to downplay the good fortune of others. Thanks BananaAnna:D

Just what I was thinking!

CONGRATS :)

I booked 2 cabins during the sale but of course I didnt win...

I NEVER win anything :(

They aren't finished notifying winners, so you can still win. You can also enter thru the Alternate method of entry. Today is the last day to enter.

But, hey even if you don't win,....YOU ARE GOING ON A CRUISE!!!!

That's the best reason to celebrate!:)

THANKS EVERYONE that sent congrats. We did speak to the folks in charge of the prizes, and since we entered through the Alternate Method of Entry, we will receive the $1000 via a Carnival Gift card that can be used just like money on the ship, to pay for our sons cabin, or to use for excursions, etc.

We will get it in a few weeks so we have time to decide how to spend it!

Very excited!

Archived