Back to Back cruises

Just back from a back to back on the Freedom. Like the previous poster said, no discount.

We did have to get off around 9:30 am, fill out another health form and get our new room keys. We were back on board in about an hour (they had problems taking our new ID pictures).

They moved our luggage to the new room for us. We didn't have to pack clothes that were on hangers.

Between cruises, they did have a special lunch in the dining room at noon so we could skip the windjammer on embarkation day.

Not a biggie but we didn't have to turn in our towels at the end of the first cruise.

Lou

Just back from a back to back on the Freedom. Like the previous poster said, no discount.

We did have to get off around 9:30 am, fill out another health form and get our new room keys. We were back on board in about an hour (they had problems taking our new ID pictures).

They moved our luggage to the new room for us. We didn't have to pack clothes that were on hangers.

Between cruises, they did have a special lunch in the dining room at noon so we could skip the windjammer on embarkation day.

Not a biggie but we didn't have to turn in our towels at the end of the first cruise.

Lou

Interesting, and a nice touch. Just thinking about how the IT people must have handled that since accounts are closed out between cruises.

Unfortunately they do not do that any more. Several years ago if you booked a b2b the second week was usually half the fare of the first week. Not anymore:( But still doesn't stop me. Leaving for a b2b on the Allure in April. Did a b2b on the Oasis last April. They are awesome. Enjoy should you choose to do one.

Depending on numbers you get lunch in the MDR on turnaround day which is nice if you want to avoid the WJ with the new passenger crowds.... lunch itself is pretty basic.... (I have read of wine being provided but this wasn't in evidence on mine) and would recommend an excursion or time ashore if you're not familiar with the area already.

IMG_0677.jpg

Unfortunately they do not do that any more. Several years ago if you booked a b2b the second week was usually half the fare of the first week. Not anymore:( But still doesn't stop me. Leaving for a b2b on the Allure in April. Did a b2b on the Oasis last April. They are awesome. Enjoy should you choose to do one.

You may be thinking of Princess. We have done many b2b's over the last 17 years of cruising with RCI and have never had the second week discounted.

Yes and no. No, because they are separate bookings, but you can sometimes find back to back cruises bundled by travel agencies into one package. Our upcoming cruise is really two back to backs. I didn't know that when we booked a 28 day package onboard plus air, hotel and transfers. I was not pleased to find we'd have to move after the first segment but that turned out okay when we were recently able to upgrade for $20pp for the second 14 days.

Appreciate the info about the help moving as I was dreading that. Very glad you don't have to take stuff off the hangers. That was what I was really dreading.

Does Princess or any other line still do this?

Holland America ocassionly puts two cruises together and markets as one cruise. The last time we did it, I think it was $100-150 p.p. cheaper than booking seperately. The nice thing was that you kept the same cabin for both cruises and you only got one bill and that was when you got off the ship to go home.

Holland America ocassionly puts two cruises together and markets as one cruise. The last time we did it, I think it was $100-150 p.p. cheaper than booking seperately. The nice thing was that you kept the same cabin for both cruises and you only got one bill and that was when you got off the ship to go home.

That sounds like a very nice service, wish Royal would offer that.

I like the sound of that. I wish RCI would do this. :)

we booked second leg of b2b on our first cruise, got next cruise discount

NC does not give you a discount. You only get reduced deposit and then your cruise fare is reduced only if you are eligible for a balcony discount or ability to use a C&A certificate. Anyone that books any type of cruise is eligible for this, be it booking a specific cruise or creating a NC.

If you are doing a b2b switching ships such as we are (Oasis/Allure) with 1 day between cruises, RCCL will pay for your hotel and transfters between the 2 sailings.

Yes, but you need to call Royal, or have your travel agent call if you used one.

If you are doing a b2b switching ships such as we are (Oasis/Allure) with 1 day between cruises, RCCL will pay for your hotel and transfters between the 2 sailings.

We did just that...b2b Oasis/ Allure. :)You have to ask to speak to the b2b representive to do this. The normal customer service rep had no idea about this. :confused:

Hi Patti!

We are doing a B2B on the Vision in June, From Copenhagen. I think we will want to relish the quiet time before the other pax embark as the second half is the Baltics. I didn't know we would have to leave the ship and fill out new health forms. We have the same cabin for both.

Hi Patti!

We are doing a B2B on the Vision in June, From Copenhagen. I think we will want to relish the quiet time before the other pax embark as the second half is the Baltics. I didn't know we would have to leave the ship and fill out new health forms. We have the same cabin for both.

On my B2B out of San Juan not only did we not have to leave the ship but we had no further documentation to complete.

Hi Patti!

Our experience has been that in foreign ports, you do not leave the ship on turnaround day. It is all handled internally.

Is there any discount if you book back to back cruises?

Probably not but thought I'd ask the question!

Not that I have heard of or experienced. But when I was on Cunard last summer for 3 back to backs (47 days) I called the home office and explained that I would prefer not to have 3 different cabins. They upgraded me (slightly from what I had booked) and I kept the same cabin which had a great location. You might try for that.

Not that I have heard of or experienced. But when I was on Cunard last summer for 3 back to backs (47 days) I called the home office and explained that I would prefer not to have 3 different cabins. They upgraded me (slightly from what I had booked) and I kept the same cabin which had a great location. You might try for that.

With RCI, if you prefer not to have different cabins on a b2b or b2b2b, then you book when itineraries are first released to ensure that you will get the same cabin for all cruises.

The only way you will get an upgrade is if there is a price reduction after final payment and a cabin category higher than what you booked is priced the same as or lower than you paid. And if that occurred on a b2b or b2b2b, chances are slim to none that it will happen for all cruises.

We booked back in July. This was the only B2B that offered the itineraries we wanted and it is the only time it is offered. We have an excellent TA and if any upgrades become available, other then cabins, we still get them. If the price goes down or if they offer OBC, for example.

Archived