Bringing my own foldable lounge chair?

Endlessquest

Would it be acceptable to bring my own portable pool deck lounge chair? I'm 6' 4" and 350lbs. I have a heavy duty zero gravety lounge chair the folds up and holds my weight and size. I am afraid that the ones on the cruise and balcony wont hold my weight or size. The lounge chair i have is so darn comfortable i thought it would be great for the balcony and pool side. So, what are your thoughts?

If it is not identified on a prohibited items list then you may be able to carry it on. I have seen some pretty strange items as carry on items for a cruise. To be safe, maybe if you could get an email back from the cruise line stating that you would be allowed to bring it on board and not take the chance that that the carry-on screeners woould confiscate your lounger.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

Anything you carry aboard must be able to go through the typical airport xray scanner. Unless you can check it and have it delivered to your cabin so it can pass through the luggage scanner, that might be the reason permission could be denied.

I'm not sure what condition your chair would be in if you checked it with a stevedore and it got loaded into the luggage crates with who knows how many suitcases piled on top of it.

Thanks for the responses. I called the cruise line and all they could say was that it wasn't listed in the "items not allowed" list. with that, I would have to be prepared to part with it if the personnel at the cruise terminal decided not to allow it. BTW, sailing on the Carnival Pride 2/17. First cruise in 16 years...long overdue!

More than likely if you can get your lounger on board you can use it on your balcony. As far as taking it to a pool deck.....there isn't a lot of spare room for setting up a chair.

You may think of yourself as a large person, but by today's standards there are many more people who are taller and heavier. The pool deck chairs are made to seat just about any size person.

Enjoy your well earned cruise vacation!

Would it be acceptable to bring my own portable pool deck lounge chair? I'm 6' 4" and 350lbs. I have a heavy duty zero gravety lounge chair the folds up and holds my weight and size. I am afraid that the ones on the cruise and balcony wont hold my weight or size. The lounge chair i have is so darn comfortable i thought it would be great for the balcony and pool side. So, what are your thoughts?

Balcony yes, poolside no.

Ok, we are in full sympathy (or empathy) with the OP because even for folks within a normal height and weight range (moi) many cruise lines do not have very comfortable deck chairs. So if you can manage to get your lounger to the cruise port there should be no issue with you carrying it onboard. But if you have to fly to the port you are going to have to deal with airline regulation not to mention how a guy your size can comfortably fit into an airline seat. My goodness, even a midget can be uncomfortable in a modern airline seat which was designed by the same folks who helped design the "rack" in Medieval times.

Hank

Archived