Seven Seas Aft Suites

We are in the process of booking our first RSS cruise and like the look of the SS Aft suites. On a picture we have seen, it looks as though the suites on Deck 7 have a higher ceiling and let more sun onto the balcony. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Also, we noticed that on one side of the ship these suites have a bath whereas they have an enclosed shower on the other size. Does anyone know whether the baths are full size, as we're not sure which side to choose?

The cruise departs from Monaco but we are not sure whether the pre-cruise hotel would be in Nice near the airport or in Monaco itself as the Monaco Bay which is listed on the RSS website, was full when our travel agent checked.

Any help would be gratefully received :)

The suites on the Mariner with a bathtub/shower have large bathtubs. There is also a low ceiling so if you are tall and are standing up to take a shower, some people find it uncomfortable. Also, getting out of the tub is not easy -- huge step down to the floor. The majority of passengers prefer the large shower but there are still many bathtub lovers that prefer having a bathtub suite. It is nice that you have a choice:)

Tinkerbell,

We had a Horizonview on Voyager that we enjoyed quite a bit. I do remember out TA helping us choose which cabin to book as some decks and sides of the ship (port vs. starboard) made quite a difference in balcony size, views, etc. Not sure if that's quite as much a concern with SS vs Horizonview, though...

As to tub/shower, my wife and I much prefer just the shower for the additional headroom. I'm about 6' tall and I had issues with the headroom in the tub. Wasn't worth the trade off for me...although I really wouldn't complain about either one as long as I was sailing!!

:)

Thank you UUNetBill

Have been told by our wonderful cruise consultant that the bath is 5' long, 2'3" wide and 1'3" deep, with shower above so that mystery is solved! Thank you Jane at gocruisewithjane.

No idea still with regards to the hotel or height of the deck.

Very excited at the prospect of our 1st cruise with RSS :D

Had a Seven Seas Aft suite on Deck 7 in April, loved the suite! Don't remember higher ceilings but maybe I did not pay attention. We had only a Shower in our suite, not a tub person myself. Had to walk thru the huge walk-in closet to reach the bathroom, also not an issue as I loved seeing that closet everything I walked thru it! The 1/2 bath as you enter the suite was great for visitors coming to eat and drink yummy goodies out on our HUGE deck!! Our Butler Ram was wonderful and would bring extra goodies and wine when we invited neighbors for cocktails!

Sure wish I could cruise in this suite every time :)

PS as I'm only 5 feet tall all ceilings look tall to me....

You sailing Mariner or Voyager??

The cruise departs from Monaco but we are not sure whether the pre-cruise hotel would be in Nice near the airport or in Monaco itself as the Monaco Bay which is listed on the RSS website, was full when our travel agent checked.

I'm not sure if this is what you're asking, but the pre-cruise hotel would be in Monte Carlo, I would imagine. But save yourself some serious money and book your own--then you get to choose. I chose Nice when we embarked in Monte Carlo, and were glad we did. Nice is a lovely city, well worth a day or two.

The hotel is probably showing booked because Regent has reserved rooms. Although we sometimes book our own hotel room, we would not do so in Monte Carlo for a couple of reasons. We would use Regent Air (as I believe you are doing) and they would pick us up from the airport in Nice and transport us to Monte Carlo. If I had stayed in Monte Carlo previously, Nice would be a wonderful option..... however, we absolutely adored Monte Carlo. It is a great walking city and there is much to see. Hotels in Monte Carlo are not inexpensive and I doubt if you would save much money booking your own hotel and providing your own transportation from Nice to Monte Carlo.

Look at all of your options and make the choice that suits you best:)

Thanks everyone for your replies.

We are flying business class from London Heathrow and our cruise consultant has been told the Monaco Bay is definitely full and we won't know where in Monaco we will be accommodated until nearer sailing time.

Happy that it is a Monaco hotel though. Have been there a couple of times (once on a stop at Villefranche and the other for the Formula 1 GP) and loved it :D

Hopefully we will get the weather to make good use of the balcony.

Everyone has said how lovely Regent ships are so we're very excited!

So did you end up booking an SS Aft??? Mariner is my favorite and the balcony on deck 7 is enormous !!! You'll love it!!

Yes it's booked - 708 :D:D:D

If you like large balconies take a look at the penthouse on Celebrity Summit. We had this for our 25th wedding anniversary cruise!

Yes it's booked - 708 :D:D:D

If you like large balconies take a look at the penthouse on Celebrity Summit. We had this for our 25th wedding anniversary cruise!

Great! You will love Mariner, sounds like you booked a SS Forward suite ;)

We stayed in 780 on our Barcelona to Venice Cruise. We loved the suite.

It was incredible to be on the balcony on the glorious sail in to Venice on the Grand Canal in 75 degree sunshine.

There is a step next to the tub so it's not bad to get in or out of the shower.

We've stayed in both Monte Carlo and Nice. We loved the Hotel Hermitage but would not stay there again. It was ridiculous the amount of money we were gouged for getting a car to the ship. It was less to go from Nice. We had a lovely room in Nice, could walk to the Flower Market and the view fabulous.

I'm confused it must be cabin 780 not 708!!! Gonna luv it and your Butler we stayed in 781 - the other corner :)

Oh dear I had a minor panic then! First email from cruise consultant said 708 but have just checked our booking confirmation and it is 780!!

Looks like we made a good choice :D

We stayed in 780 on our Barcelona to Venice Cruise. We loved the suite.

It was incredible to be on the balcony on the glorious sail in to Venice on the Grand Canal in 75 degree sunshine.

There is a step next to the tub so it's not bad to get in or out of the shower.

We've stayed in both Monte Carlo and Nice. We loved the Hotel Hermitage but would not stay there again. It was ridiculous the amount of money we were gouged for getting a car to the ship. It was less to go from Nice. We had a lovely room in Nice, could walk to the Flower Market and the view fabulous.

It sounds wonderful Kathy. The sail away from Venice is amazing.

Thanks for the warning regarding the extortionate cost of getting to the ship!

We had a Seven Seas Aft Suite on deck 9 on the Mariner for the trans Atlantic cruise in March 2012. The balcony is SUPERB! No discussion. Lots of furniture - chaises longues, table, chairs etc. the design of the suite is ok. No more no less. The sitting room is nice, but the furniture is not "sized" in relation to the shape of the space. In our suite there was a large mark on the upholstery of the couch. Hopefully fixed by now but should not have been. Also a sticky bit (duct tape?) on the carpet in the bedroom that I could not avoid walking on in bare feet... Should have been fixed! Access from the bedroom to the bathroom is via the closet. Quite odd. And it means that the stewardess must walk through your closet to clean your bathroom. Bathroom is fine. Shower over the bath, at the standard height we have in Europe. And nice deep bath. Plus superb toiletries from Hermes. And a second loo ( no shower) in the suite.

The "glory" of the suite is the balcony. Enormous. It is too bad that the rest, to me at least, seemed somewhat dissapointing.

It is possible to find a "reasonably" priced hotel in Monte Carlo. My husband became ill shortly before embarking on the ship and was taken to the hospital. The shore services personnel located a hotel for me as I did not want to stay at the Fairmont - too expensive and nothing around it. I stayed at the Hotel Ambassador Monaco*** for 150 Euros per night including breakfast. It was near a park, shops, bus stop and train station.

It was clean and the personnel were helpful and pleasant.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived