leaving children onboard if u are off ship

Hi, I believe you can leave children onboard if you are off the ship on Independence, do u know if that is also the same on Allure?

I ask because there is one port where my husband and I would want to go aronnd shops for a couple of hours to buy a ring and I know the children would be bored to tears, we'd go back and get them so they still get a day at the beach but children and shopping do not mix in our household lol!

Hope u can help.

Thankyou in advance.

Hi, I believe you can leave children onboard if you are off the ship on Independence, do u know if that is also the same on Allure?

I ask because there is one port where my husband and I would want to go aronnd shops for a couple of hours to buy a ring and I know the children would be bored to tears, we'd go back and get them so they still get a day at the beach but children and shopping do not mix in our household lol!

Hope u can help.

Thankyou in advance.

We left our son in Ocean Adventure while in port in St Martin for a couple of hours. We were on Oasis, and left our cell number with the Ocean Adventure staff.

All was fine with DS, who was 5 at the time. We also didn't waste time, and were back on the ship by 1pm. There was no way we were going to risk any chance of missing the ship, and having our son sail off into the sunset.

That's really helpful, if it was allowed on Allure we would have been leaving them with the children's club, guessing if its ok on Oasis, surely it would be ok on Allure! It's St Martin where we would like to look, not for long but don't want to drag my 6 yr old son around, poor little guy would not be too happy with me, thankyou.

That's really helpful, if it was allowed on Allure we would have been leaving them with the children's club, guessing if its ok on Oasis, surely it would be ok on Allure! It's St Martin where we would like to look, not for long but don't want to drag my 6 yr old son around, poor little guy would not be too happy with me, thankyou.

6 yrs. old? You are not newparents any more. Six years is plenty of time for him to break you in!:D

We took the water taxi to town and walked Main Street. They had a lunch that day for the kids, since it was a port day. We returned to the ship as they were returning to the Adventure Oceans area.

We would take our DS to the kids program in the am, and then hang out with him all afternoon. It worked great for us. He burned energy playing with kids, we had some grown up time, then off to the kids pool for the afternoon. After dinner he would be ready for bed by 7:45. We were there not long after.:)

That really is great info thanks, cant find anything from RCI saying that they do this but we had heard so ur info has been fab :)

Ocean boy, u are so right, when I first joined cruise critic we were new parents but not so much now, I do reckon that when the children are grown up and away, i'll still be using the forum name newparents ha ha :)

Thanks for ur answers

We also left the kids at Adventure Ocean when in St. Maarten last time....they wanted to play, we wanted to walk around and relax and shop, and it was really, really hot that day, so we were happy we left them onboard. Made sure to get back on well in time though. :)

What about leaving them on board during/after dinner? We've left our kids onboard for 3 hours in the afternoon on our last cruise and they never even knew we were gone. We're going to be in Nassau for the evening and DH and I would love to have some drinks off the ship and leave the kids (now 5 and 6). Our last cruise, the kids would not let us pick them up prior to 10pm, they had a last in the camp. I'm thinking it'll be okay, just nervous b/c it'll be night time.

Has anyone done this?

Just off Allure today and left the kids in AO and the nursery while in Cozumel and Falmouth for a couple of hours. One of the best AO staffs ever and I have been sailing with little ones since the Monarch was a 7 day itinerary out of San Juan, God help me....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Several years ago, we were on a cruise that was docked in Nassau. When it came time for the ship to sail, we didn't go anywhere. :rolleyes: Found out that some passengers had gone off on a non ship sponsored scuba excursion, and had not returned to the ship. As it turned out, the reason they were not left behind is because they left 2 children in Ocean Adventures.:eek:

We have often left our kids on the ship while we shopped in the ports. They have been 7 years old or older and in the kids program, Ocean Adventure while we were ashore. The kids are now 11 & 14. We actually get very nervous about being off the ship without the kids. So far all has gone well. Face it, no parent will ever be comfortable being separated from their childern but the chances of something bad happening are fairly small. Still hard to enjoy your time away. Just use your best judgement.

• 6 months later...

Archived