Quick wine and champagne survery

timetravler

Since the wine policy has changed late last year, I want to know from those that have cruised since then if any wine has been taken away from you or any problems embarking with wine. Only asking about wine and champagne. Also has anyone been charged a corkage fee for wine that was drank in your cabin?

Thanks for this info.

A post yesterday (Sunday) by someone boarding the Ruby indicated no change in enforcement yet.

Yes, we are on the Ruby departure of FEB 3 and this past weekend (FEB 2/3) was the first since new policy annouced.

As I predicted, with it just barely inked onto paper, there was no sign at all of a new policy in place, nothing setup to collect fees at all. There appeared to be no one from the ship monitoring the security screening as we entered the check-in hall.

No announcements. Nothing.

I carried on a modest three bottles and nary a care in the world from the security team.

I think it will be a little while before the new policy kicks in fully

Just back from the 1/19 Caribbean Princess cruise. Carried on 4 bottles of wine in Ft. Lauderdale with no questions asked, and no corkage fee requested!

Cathy

We were on the same cruise; carried two on and packed one in each of our bags. No issues.

The new language was just added a week or so ago. I think they have to announce it to the masses and wait until it's on everyone's boarding pass and luggage tags. At least 75 days. I do believe it will happen, but needs to be more of a public announcement like the change of smoking policy.

We cruise March 8 and it's not on my boarding pass or luggage tags. We haven't received any emails regarding the change and there aren't any announcements on "cruise personalizer". If I didn't read CC (obsessively:rolleyes:), I wouldn't know that there was a change. :)

We cruise March 8 and it's not on my boarding pass or luggage tags. We haven't received any emails regarding the change and there aren't any announcements on "cruise personalizer". If I didn't read CC (obsessively:rolleyes:), I wouldn't know that there was a change. :)

Have you tried to reprint your boarding pass or luggage tags? It should be on any newly printed ones.

Okay --If I am understanding u all correctly, you have been able to carry on bottles of wine on board with no problem--Now has any of this occurred boarding in LA? Also, am I understanding that beer can be carried on board?

Sorry, I am just shocked, I did not know this was allowed.

My husband packs 6 bottles of champagne in a suitcase with bubble wrap and other clothes for a 14 day cruise. I take 1 or two in my carry-on. We have never had a problem. We only take them when we eat in the specialty restaurants and this last cruise were never charged a corkage fee, not sure why as they say the fee is $15.

I will say, we do not have to fly to the port, so we feel pretty safe with the bottles in our suitcase. Even so, they do through the luggage around a bit, but we have never had one broken...........yet!;)

Have you tried to reprint your boarding pass or luggage tags? It should be on any newly printed ones.

I looked at the boarding pass and luggage tags that can be printed now and I see it. Since I printed some before the new wording, I'm not going to print more. If they want to make sure I know, they're going to have to send me an email or letter! :) I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I think they need to make a "bigger" announcement before they start enforcing. For instance, the new (year old) smoking policy was everywhere before they implemented it!

What is wrong with you people? The more you discuss it here the worse you make it for all of us. Princess reads these boards daily and bragging about your wine successes/failures is not helpful. If you want Princess to seriously clamp down, keep talking.

What is wrong with you people? The more you discuss it here the worse you make it for all of us. Princess reads these boards daily and bragging about your wine successes/failures is not helpful. If you want Princess to seriously clamp down, keep talking.

Wish there was a 'LIKE' button!!!

Archived