How likely is 2-for-1 at Qsine?

globalhoneymooning

On our last cruise we were offered 30% or 50% off one of the specialty restaurants every night.

They were outside the OV cafe at breakfast, they were hovering around the line waiting for the MDR in the evening and they even came around our tables at the Elite drinks. We had no problems getting a reduction whenever we wanted. If they didn't offer a reduction we didn't go.:rolleyes:

It will definitely depend on demand. On our 15 night Panama Canal cruise (Infinity November 22, 2012), we were able to get the two for one deal three times. It was offered the first night, the night after we stopped in Guatemala and the night after we stopped in Colombia. If you don't find out about any deals--just call the restaurant and ask them directly if they are having the two for one special. I am sure that they will offer it on nights when the demand is low. Good luck!

We had the 30% as well until my wife booked a table for 12 (CC friends). That bumped us to the 50%. The OP is advised to bring a large group to get the 50%. The Qsine approach is novel, but I didn't find the food to be all that. We much prefer Tuscan and Murano.

If the restaurants are that empty at full price that they're "hovering around the line waiting for the MDR" trying to lure people with discounts, they should just reduce the prices for everyone.

I feel kind of stupid now having already booked and paid full price for our first night at Qsine on line prior to the cruise.

If the restaurants are that empty at full price that they're "hovering around the line waiting for the MDR" trying to lure people with discounts, they should just reduce the prices for everyone.

I feel kind of stupid now having already booked and paid full price for our first night at Qsine on line prior to the cruise.

Generally, the first night has an offer of at least 20% off because very few are that familar with the specialty restaurants on the initial night. They tend to fill up later on in the cruise. Ask for a discount. Worst that will happen is they'll say no.

You can cancel your current booking get the $$ refunded and rebook once onboard to get the discounts

Goodluck

wow...we have already booked 2 reservations on a transatlantic and paid for them. If we were to cancel would they refund to your credit card or apply it to your onboard acct???It seemed interesting that all time slots were available when I booked. Has anyone had the discounts offered on a transatlantic?

You should get a 20% credit on your onboard account. I booked and paid online for Qsine also and this discount showed up without my asking. I still prefer the security of my preferred date and time over the uncertainty of a discount.

You can cancel your current booking get the $$ refunded and rebook once onboard to get the discounts

Goodluck

Since the OP is leaving in a couple of days, I'm not sure they can cancel. Just ask for the discount if it is not mentioned when you arrive

You should get a 20% credit on your onboard account. I booked and paid online for Qsine also and this discount showed up without my asking. I still prefer the security of my preferred date and time over the uncertainty of a discount.

No, you should absolutely not feel stupid about having booked and paid full price! You were smart to get the evening you wanted in the restaurant you wanted. Getting a discount is not a sure thing by any means. I look at it like a lucky bonus. For example. When we were boarding the Summit on Labor Day weekend, we were offered a 50% discount at Qsine while we were still checking in! So feeling a little cocky about getting a similar discount on the Equinox, I did not make any reservations at all. Instead I went to the specialty restaurants when we boarded (which was early, I might add) and they looked at me like I had two heads. No discounts!!! And why should they have offered? I noticed that for 10 days on our cruise they were doing a booming business. I've learned my lesson from that. If I want to dine at a specialty restaurant just for the fun of it, I'll ask about discounts. I"m not shy that way. But if it's for a birthday or anniversary or any other special occasion, forget it. I'm booking before I board.

I think the big discounts only tend to happen for the longer cruises. Have yet to see a significant discount on 7-10 night cruises, with the exception of maybe 30% on the first night. This has been my experience; can't speak for others.

Hi Phoenix Dream,

I agree with your comment. We were on a 5 night Connie sailing last week. I asked if any discounts were being offered on this sailing, and was curtly told "absolutely not", as if I shouldnt have asked LOL. We were a party of 8 at Tuscan, and I was picking up the check, so I thought it would be nice to save a few $$$. Not on this sailing, but the meal was great !

Archived