If You are Flying From Logan for Your Cruise........

sail7seas

Gee, thanks. I think. :confused:

There was already a fine snow falling when I got up, with the expectation that it should start coming in earnest around 10:00. By late afternoon we are expecting 5-6", with the worst coming tonight and overnight.

Even worse, TV is going to broadcast all storm news starting at noon! What a waste of time; they'll just keep reporting the same nothing over and over for hours. That's exactly what happened during Sandy and Irene.

Why not wait until there's something to report, and leave my soap opera alone! :mad:

Oh here we go....Mayor Bloomberg just cut in on The Chew. PLEASE PLEASE Mayor Bloomberg....don't break out your Spanish....please spare us, we've been through enough.

Ruth.....at least you still have Soap Operas they cancelled my two favorites. AMC and OLTL last year. :(

Stay safe, Judy. Right now we have the calm before the storm. My daughter and kids are due to take off from JFK soon and so far it's a go.

Here, it stopped snowing and we have some rain coming down. Not sure when it's supposed to come down heavy, but I think in a few hours.

These weather phenomenons are very scary because we have no control over what happens.

Fingers crossed your daughter and the children take off safely and are able to enjoy their vacation. I am sure it is nerve wrecking for them. Just let them be safe.

Our Governor just held a news conference and ordered all private vehicles not involved in storm related business are to be off the roads by 4 P.M. Severe penalties and fines for anyone caught driving.

Stay safe, Carol. Hope the storm is kind to you and does not hit your area hard.

Stay safe, Judy. Right now we have the calm before the storm. My daughter and kids are due to take off from JFK soon and so far it's a go.

Here, it stopped snowing and we have some rain coming down. Not sure when it's supposed to come down heavy, but I think in a few hours.

These weather phenomenons are very scary because we have no control over what happens.

Safe Travels to your daughter and grandchildren.

Still snowing here, I actually hope it doesn't turn into rain, I worry about it freezing later and bringing down power lines.

I just realized in my response to dobiemom that it almost looks like I'm posting the pic of Nemo. I can't take credit for it. Dobiemom was posting in response to my post #73. Thanks Dobiemom for the laugh.

No worries. We're all "family" here. I can't take credit, either. A co-worker sent it to me and I also saw it on the web. ;)

The "storm of the century" bearing down on you should be much more important than a soap opera. There are, unfortunately, people who are going to die in this storm and their families, in retrospect, will be more concerned with that than what happened Friday on Days Of Our Lives. ;)

The storm isn't expected to start in earnest until about 4:00 PM, and really get going by 6:00 PM and overnight. Right now there's about 2" and not a bit of wind. The front lawn was still showing grass until just a little while ago.

To have 4 hours of "Nothing's really happening out here yet, but later on this road will be a mess", and "No power failures yet" (sure---there's barely any snow, and no wind) is the equivalent of Twitter News. :rolleyes: And then there's my favorite (so far), the newscaster showing her pink sleeping bag, and announcing "We're here for the duration." Really, this is news???

Better to wait until there's actually something to report. More likely people will listen.

We are definitely into the storm and getting about an inch plus of snow an hour. This is only the beginning of what is to come but to look out our windows is to see a very earnest snow storm already. The wind is not dramatic yet.

Our friends in Canada. What is predicted for Nova Scotia, New Brunswick? Where else in Canada are you expecting heavy snow?

We are definitely into the storm and getting about an inch plus of snow an hour. This is only the beginning of what is to come but to look out our windows is to see a very earnest snow storm already. The wind is not dramatic yet.

Our friends in Canada. What is predicted for Nova Scotia, New Brunswick? Where else in Canada are you expecting heavy snow?

Evening news says about 18 hours of total blizzard for NS and southern NB.

Sounds like you will get just about the same as we here in Boston will get.

Stay safe and warm.

Let's just say we have not made any plans for the weekend. :)

The city is pretty good at getting things moving again once a storm has passed. Lots of practise I guess.

Oh that's brutal. I'm thinking about you guys that's for sure!

We have a gas stove in the family room and a gas fireplace insert in the living room so we won't suffer if we lose power for an extended time. Lots of candles and matches too.

I found this funny....I hope you do too. If it wasn't a bit close to the truth, I don't think it would be as funny.

Too funny! Last week in my hometown in the UK they had unexpected snow. The supermarket shelves were cleared in record time!! No bread or milk to be had anywhere. They ended up with about an inch of snow.

My girlfriend was at our largest grocery superstore yesterday and they were mobbed. People were waiting over 45 minutes in line to go through check out.

I wonder how many were daydreaming about being on a beautiful cruise ship in the Caribbean while they waited in that line. :D

Where else in Canada are you expecting heavy snow?

The storm, after 36 hours, is finally letting up. It is still snowing, but not too bad now. We got about 50 cm but Boston is supposed to get 90!

Time to go out and shovel....again....

To have 4 hours of "Nothing's really happening out here yet, but later on this road will be a mess", and "No power failures yet" (sure---there's barely any snow, and no wind) is the equivalent of Twitter News. :rolleyes: And then there's my favorite (so far), the newscaster showing her pink sleeping bag, and announcing "We're here for the duration." Really, this is news???

Better to wait until there's actually something to report. More likely people will listen.

IMHO the weather channel types are largely to blame for this kind of thing. They and a lot of local stations have over-dramatized anything stronger than a zephyr for years and years, and cried wolf so many times that I think a lot of people don't take them very seriously anymore.

So then, when something like Sandy or Nemo (:rolleyes:) hits, some people aren't prepared, because they figure the reports were just Jim Cantore and Co. over-reacting again.

I hope everyone in the storm's path stays safe and warm.

It seems that people here learned their lesson in the Blizzard of '78, and remember that lesson well. There are no cars on the roads, including all the webcams the unending reports are showing.

That will make it easier for the plows and sanders to do their job. Those vehicles have been going up and down for hours, and will be doing the same all night, and through tomorrow afternoon.

It's a very serious storm to be sure, but a storm in New England in winter can't be a surprise. You prepare, then get inside and hunker down.

It will be cleaned up, and in short order will be behind us.

They are right now, WCVB tv, saying there are areas that could get 40" of snow and drifts we can't imagine. We are awaiting hurricane force winds. There are now gusts of about 50 mph.

People in Massachusetts, for the most part, took the warnings very seriously and the roads are empty per the Governor's Order. No one is out and about except snow plows and news people. It is impossible to travel right now.... I doubt I could walk across my little neighborhood street without much effort.

It seems that people here learned their lesson in the Blizzard of '78, and remember that lesson well. There are no cars on the roads, including all the webcams the unending reports are showing.

That will make it easier for the plows and sanders to do their job. Those vehicles have been going up and down for hours, and will be doing the same all night, and through tomorrow afternoon.

It's a very serious storm to be sure, but a storm in New England in winter can't be a surprise. You prepare, then get inside and hunker down.

It will be cleaned up, and in short order will be behind us.

I agree BUT for power failures.

It is likely many of us will be in freezing temperatures, with blowing snow and wind and no power.

If we keep power, the rest we'll deal with. There are currently about 40,000 outages and more are certain to follow.

We are now getting so much snow so fast, the plows here can hardly keep up with it. They've been by our house many times but as soon as they plow, the street fills up again.

Archived