On board booking question

Caroldoll

Yes.

The old program was a straight 5% off.

Now the discount varies and depends on the cruise and cabin class.

They even let you apply the discount to a future cruise you have already booked.

And everything is sent to your TA.

Yes.

They even let you apply the discount to a future cruise you have already booked.

Just booked a 2014 cruise while on board. I booked a specific cruise, not a future cruise. There was no discount for inside or restricted view cabins. There was a small discount for our Nautica better view, non-balcony cabin. More discount would have been available for higher priced cabins. We also got a small but welcome onboard credit for the cruise we were on.

I believe you could book ahead for a future cruise without specifying which. We did not do that so I can't speak from experience. Our booking can be changed without penalty. Our usual travel agent will deal with our booking. I believe family and friends could get the same discount, but again, that did not apply to us.

Yes.

Is this right?

We have a cruise booked in May on Riviera and one in November on Marina.

Are you saying we can get a discount on the November cruise when we sail in May?

How does this work?

Is this right?

We have a cruise booked in May on Riviera and one in November on Marina.

Are you saying we can get a discount on the November cruise when we sail in May?

How does this work?

If you book the cruise while onboard you will get a discount in some Cat

If your Cabin Cat is still available for the Nov cruise ask about a discount

All they can do is say no

Lyn

It is hard to believe that you could do this.

Maybe we will try for an upgrade but we are happy with what we have booked :)

I just booked a 2014 cruise (Europe) and they told me if the category is still available when I get on board the 22nd, they will give me the on board discount. It is OS, so I am not sure.

However, I wanted to book a Christmas 2014 and as you know the itineraries are not out. I wanted the on board discount--so I guess I have a chance.

Thanks so much and I will go down and see the appropriate person. I have been able to do this at Crystal so I am pleased to do it at Oceania. It has been hard changing all of my future cruises.

I was on the Riviera a few months ago and asked if I could do the future booking and get the credit for a Riviera cruise that I already booked for next month. They said, yes, if the category was still available (you could not use it for the same cabin you had booked, unless there were still others in that category unsold) and the price would be adjusted to whatever it was at the time of the "re"booking. The price had gone up, so there was no advantage to doing so. The 5% certificate, which I had used before, would have been a better value, but that had to be applied within a short period of receiving it or expired, so the new booking deal is slightly better, but only if you are booking a high level cabin.

• 3 months later...
If you book the cruise while onboard you will get a discount in some Cat

If your Cabin Cat is still available for the Nov cruise ask about a discount

All they can do is say no

Lyn

I spoke to future cruise whilst on-board and they gave us a discount for our November cruise.

Thanks for the advice.

I agree they should give you the discount. However the words "if your cabin class is available"---if you wait till your on board a cruise, you may not get the cabin choice you want. It seem unfair that your true to "O" in booking ahead to get the cabin you want only to be told no discount unless you down grade your cabin.

It seem unfair that your true to "O" in booking ahead to get the cabin you want only to be told no discount unless you down grade your cabin.

Or maybe they could upgrade

Not everyone sails in the top suite;)

Archived