Binoculars and umbrellas

Begete

I thought I had read somewhere that these items were available on the Century, but they do not seem to be listed at the Celebrity website.

We are in a sky suite, but it seems a number of perks afforded passengers on other ships in the fleet in sky suites are Not provided to sky suite passengers on the Century.

Binoculars are a must for us, so if not provided, will bring our own, but would rather not have to pack them.

Thanx in advance for any info.

We were in a sky suite on the solstice and there were binoculars & an umbrella in our cabin but on speaking with the people in the next door cabin they didn't have any binoculars but were going to ask the butler for them so if you not have any I would certainly ask or them.

I know in Concierge Class cabins there are umbrellas and binoculars. I would add that the binoculars are the very cheap kind and if you really need a good pair that you bring your own.

Agree with above. Even on better, luxury lines, the quality of binoculars offered tend to be very marginal at best. If you're serious about these types of things, it will be worth having your own. Currently on the Celebrity website for a Celebrity Suite, it does not list binoc's as being one of the provided benefits.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 118,768 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

We were on the Summit and had binoculars and an umbrella. The binocular lenses were so scratched and they were of such poor quality that we just put them back on the shelf. We always take binoculars and have invested in a good pair with adjustable diopters (because neither of us can see with outglasses) that are small light and waterproof. I'd just bring my own.

The binocs in our last cabin were broke - wouldn't focus at all and looked like they cost $10.00 If this is important to you - please take your own as I suspect you'll be very disappointed.

As for the umbrella - they are huge so I always pack those little .99 cent plastic ponchos that come in a little envelope, lightweight and disposable - yes they look ugly but hey - if it saves you from getting drenched who cares. I also bring along a very small folding umbrella that easily fits into a purse or beach bag. There are really cheap ones at Target.

I thought I had read somewhere that these items were available on the Century, but they do not seem to be listed at the Celebrity website.

We are in a sky suite, but it seems a number of perks afforded passengers on other ships in the fleet in sky suites are Not provided to sky suite passengers on the Century.

Binoculars are a must for us, so if not provided, will bring our own, but would rather not have to pack them.

Thanx in advance for any info.

Definitely bring your own binoculars!! You will not appreciate the ones you get in your cabin. :eek: You will most likely have 2 umbrellas - golf size and smaller retractable one. We always have both in Concierge class so I am sure you will have both in a Sky Suite.

Archived