constantly late (Eclipse)

scumbers

it doesnt matter to me but it matters to my elderly parents who want to watch us sail out on webcam and who worry as it is without them not knowing when we leave that was only reason i am posting

i didnt know bout lots of flights delays etc so sorry if i didnt know all!!!

If you're talking about delays in leaving from Ft. Lauderdale, I believe it is caused by all the construction in the area. The ship can't leave until all the supplies are loaded. When we were scheduled to leave in November, the dock was still covered with pallets of unloaded supplies. I believe the trucks are experiencing problems getting into the port area, particularly on weekends.

So I would not count on your parents being able to watch you depart on the webcam. The construction isn't going to go away anytime soon.

If you're talking about delays in leaving from Ft. Lauderdale, I believe it is caused by all the construction in the area. The ship can't leave until all the supplies are loaded. When we were scheduled to leave in November, the dock was still covered with pallets of unloaded supplies. I believe the trucks are experiencing problems getting into the port area, particularly on weekends.

So I would not count on your parents being able to watch you depart on the webcam. The construction isn't going to go away anytime soon.

thats fine ill let them know thanks for your help and advice

Celebrity Cruises

Weather Update

February 9, 2013

8:00 p.m. E.S.T

Celebrity Cruises continues to closely monitor the severe winter storm affecting much of the East Coast, which has been impacting travel in the region. Celebrity Cruises will delay the departure time for the following sailing:

Celebrity Eclipse will now depart Port Everglades, Florida, at 8:30 p.m., four hours later than originally scheduled.

Celebrity Summit will now depart San Juan, Puerto Rico, at 10:30 p.m., two hours later than originally scheduled.

They delayed it in order to hopefully allow some passengers to get to the ship. How thoughtless of them :-)

Hopefully, there will not be a delay for when your parents want to watch the sailaway. Sometimes it does happen on time. :-) They can still watch it at night, just won't see individuals so much as the daytime.

I was on the sailing Jan 26th and it went 2 hours late, due to loading of supplies.

It went about 8.00 pm tonight, due to flight problems from NE.

But, the other 5 ships left on time , almost.

Noordam or was it Eurodam was about 3 hours late.

time , almost.

It was Eurodam.

Carnival , Behemoth of the Seas & Carribean P all left on time......I suppose no '' pity for the bad N.E. weather'' from those guys....

I was on the sailing Jan 26th and it went 2 hours late, due to loading of supplies.

It went about 8.00 pm tonight, due to flight problems from NE.

But, the other 5 ships left on time , almost.

We were on Eclipse Dec.1st sailing and it also left 2 hours late for the same reason.

If they miss it, they can go back to web cam and watch the video of sailaway..

Thanks for this info - I didn't realise there were videos.

Actually, if you look at the page for videos of Eclipse leaving, every one one of them for the last 8 sailings has been in the dark or dusk, so I'm guessing they've never left on time.

Archived