Concierge or Aqua?

dg33

Looking to book cruise for next year. I know it is subjective but would love to hear thoughts on whether Aqua is worth the extra cost. Have cruised in Concierge class before.

It all depends on the difference in cost. For us eating in Blu is great and will pay a premium to do so, but not that big a premium say $1,000.

This is a pretty ordinary question in this forum and if you look through older pages you'll find it popping up. The answer is always the same though. It depends on what you value. Does the idea of daily free access to the sauna (Persian Gardens) appeal? Do you like the idea of a smaller dining venue than the MDR? Do you like a water bottle in your room and extra shower power in the bathroom? Do you need more points to reach Elite? Presumably you've visited http://www.celebritycruises.com to see the extra amenities Aqua offers. In the end, you're the one who decides if it's worth the extra $$.

To answer your question though. In my opinion, it depends. We mostly go Aqua because my husband adores dining in Blu. He likes the smallness of it and the extra attention. I like the food too and happily dine there night after night. I also like the heated loungers in the spa! However, next year when we go on the Reflection for seven nights, I've chosen a 1A cabin over the A1 we usually get because I want to try the speciality restaurants. You see, we're so happy with Blu that we feel guilty deserting it for even one night. The only way to get to the restaurants is to forgo Aqua entirely. I hope I've made the right decision. ;)

Yes.

No.

Ha, ha! You were both so helpful to the OP.

Back to your question dg33, when AQ has been available we have always booked it but we tend to book way in advance. As I said before, Blu seals the deal for us though we do sneak in a Specialty Restaurant on a night that the Blu menu is not a favorite.

We have done Concierge and Aqua and to answer your question is Aqua class worth the extra cash, NO not in our opinion. In Aqua you get a specialty bath robe, shower, soaps, access to Persian Garden and Blu. You also get to use a "personal spa concierge" to book your spa treatments. As an Aqua class customer you dont get any special deals on spa treatments or any other perks that none Aqua class members get. Any passenger can go sit inside the Spa waiting area at the front of the ship even without a spa appointment.

As for Blu it is a nice dining option as it is s small restaurant with good quality food and healthy alternatives.

We recently down graded our Aqua class room to another balcony suite room (same sq ft) and saved over $3000 for the 14 day cruise. Now that $3000 will be used for all those spa treatments we love getting.

We got lucky and nabbed an AQ for $90 more pp than the balcony. I'm looking forward to it and after doing it once, I'll know if I really want to pay for it in the future. The cost difference is usually significantly more than that, from what I've seen.

We recently down graded our Aqua class room to another balcony suite room (same sq ft) and saved over $3000 for the 14 day cruise. Now that $3000 will be used for all those spa treatments we love getting.

Your signature shows you are going on the Eclipse. I am curious how you downgraded an Aqua Class room to another balcony suite room since Eclipse does not have any Aqua Class suites, only AQ rooms which are a category below suites. Somethings not right here.

As others have said, it all depends on the difference in cost. If it is substantial, then save the money and go to the specialty restaurants which, in my opinion, are a step above Blu.

We have dined in Blu on several cruises. I loved Blu on some ships but not on others. However, if you do eat in Blu, the staff have always commented about why we did not show up for dinner and went to a specialty restaurant. Made us feel guilty in a sense. In fact, when we did not show up for breakfast, we got a call last time!

Your signature shows you are going on the Eclipse. I am curious how you downgraded an Aqua Class room to another balcony suite room since Eclipse does not have any Aqua Class suites, only AQ rooms which are a category below suites. Somethings not right here.

My apologies for the confusion, we down grade to another class of balcony room.

Sailed AQ on Silhouette last March. Previously we had sailed CC. We are on the Reflection next week and are sailing CC as friends that are sailing with us have never sailed Celebrity before (Princess only) and wanted to try the MDR and other restaurants before they sail AQ. We are booking Europe cruise on board and will take AQ once again. We LOVED Blu and can't say enough about it. We do not always like to have table mates when we sail by ourselves. The tables in Blu are close enough that you can converse with your neighbors if you so desire. We ended up with many friends in the dining room:).

To answer your question. If the price is good, grab AQ!! We got AQ last year for the same price as a CC. Why wouldn't we? Would love to try a AQ Suite:D

Happy Sailing.

Archived