Carnival Triumph - Photos - Tents - Sewage Bags

Feelin' Nauti'

Two words: Travel Insurance. Never leave home without it! :D

I've never seen a travel insurance that will repay lost wages or replace vacation days that were banked for other purposes (if this had happened to me I would go 4 days unpaid, it would mean my husband wouldn't have vacation time to see our family for Christmas). You must get much more expensive plans than I do.

Not to mention, if you are someone who is self employed or does contract work, it would be difficult to prove a case of how much wage you lost. But that doesn't mean it isn't enough to not make ends meet. I thankfully have an emergency fund, but not everyone does.

I saw a picture on Instagram of someone from McDonald's handing out bags of food as people got off the ship.

I cringe every time I see that picture of Kendall kissing the ground just because of how careless she was with that fairly pricey camera! :eek: I'm sure at that point she didn't really care, but my Canon is my baby and I wouldn't be kissing any pavement without making sure it didn't get a ding in it!

Very very interesting picture of Gerry Cahill on the ship. It's actually a really good picture, it raises tons of questions for me - when was it taken, what is he looking at, what is he thinking, how is he feeling, etc. The photographer in me loves that picture. Wonder if he's thinking about how secure his job is at the moment? ;)

Camera's believe it or not are pretty durable, wonder what good images she caught :D

McDonalds.. sad that is what is viewed as "food" :eek:

I saw a picture on Instagram of someone from McDonald's handing out bags of food as people got off the ship.

I cringe every time I see that picture of Kendall kissing the ground just because of how careless she was with that fairly pricey camera! :eek: I'm sure at that point she didn't really care, but my Canon is my baby and I wouldn't be kissing any pavement without making sure it didn't get a ding in it!

Very very interesting picture of Gerry Cahill on the ship. It's actually a really good picture, it raises tons of questions for me - when was it taken, what is he looking at, what is he thinking, how is he feeling, etc. The photographer in me loves that picture. Wonder if he's thinking about how secure his job is at the moment? ;)

I couldnt eat an onion sandwich. :mad: I feel bad for those people, for the children, babies, elderly.

I dont know if I would be able to go on a cruise after that. I have no idea what I would do because I didnt experience it.

"Bad smells, sewage on the ground, Long lines for food, Food shortages, Water Shortages, people in shorts and flip flops,

I experience that every time i go to the County Fair or a Concert."

Your so right. Thanks for the laugh among all this drama

Everyone made comments about the unsanitary conditions on the Carnival Triumph which lost her power. However no one realize when we board a flight to go from point A to B we are riding ona plane filled with farts and foul air.

When Danish gastroenterologist Jacob Rosenberg encountered the malodorous problem first-hand on a flight from Copenhagen to Tokyo, he enlisted some of the finest minds in his field to address the issue.

The result was an in-depth review of scientific literature on flatulence, looking at issues such as whether women’s farts smell worse than men’s (yes), what causes the odor (sulphur) and how often the average person passes wind every day .

The study concluded that anecdotal evidence that flying increases flatulence is not hot air, finding that changes in air pressure at altitude result in the gut producing more gas. Yet none of airline companies have to subject themselves to strict sanitary code as cruise ships.

Please refer this site for more information.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/travel/news/farting-on-aircraft-smelly-but-better-out-than-in-say-gastroenterologists/story-e6frg8ro-1226578512315

McDonald's took the opportunity offered by a young girl's father mentioning her desire for a "big mac, fies, and sweet tea") in a CNN interview.

I too cringed when I first looked at the Kendall picture because it looks as if she just knelt and let it hit the ground. A careful look however shows that it was not on a strap and she must have placed in down. But letting it rest on the lens seems very careless to me.

Everyone made comments about the unsanitary conditions on the Carnival Triumph which lost her power. However no one realize when we board a flight to go from point A to B we are riding ona plane filled with farts and foul air
Especially if you are sitting next to my brother, who brings hard-boiled eggs and asparagus to snack on :eek:.

However, the longest flight I've ever been on was eleven hours. Triumph was foundering for FOUR DAYS.

I could care less if this was a carnival, Rcc or princess ship I still say most on these boards are being drama queens. It's a camping trip at sea

Sorry, but this incident on the Triumph is by NO MEANS a "camping trip at sea". I, the DH and family camp all the time....and we 'dry camp' in forest with no utilities. We bring our own water and sit by a campfire for heat and cook on a fire when we have camped.....which we have brought proper equipment for CAMPING. On the Triumph....pax didn't have proper clothing, heat source, bedding that one would have on a camp-out!!! I think comparing what these folks had to go through with your 'camping' statement is not fair at all. I am so very sorry these pax had to endure such hardships, when they had planned for a fun time on a CRUISE SHIP---not a "camping trip at sea"!

She stated not how she planned to spend her platinum voyage, but it wasn't anything like she watched on tv last night.

Just to show how low CNN falls with its "reporting"...

"During CNN’s coverage of passengers disembarking from the ship, reporter Martin Savidge was shut down by one of the passengers when he attempted to equate the incident to Hurricane Katrina"

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/15/cruise-passenger-embarrasses-cnn-reporter-for-comparing-situation-to-katrina-were-on-a-freaking-cruise-ship/

"During CNN’s coverage of passengers disembarking from the ship, reporter Martin Savidge was shut down by one of the passengers when he attempted to equate the incident to Hurricane Katrina"

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/15/cruise-passenger-embarrasses-cnn-reporter-for-comparing-situation-to-katrina-were-on-a-freaking-cruise-ship/

Nice! Like I said in an earlier post when this thing started, it's all in the attitude!

Doesn't look so bad. Who's saying the wet floors was sewage? It could also be just water. Not a "Carnival cheerleader" by any means, but don't believe much of what I hear anymore. It's all hype these days.

Thanks for posting the pics.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t2#/video/us/2013/02/14/nr-bts-passenger-shares-video-of-sewage-on-walls.cnn

Believe it was taken last night. He came out to talk to the press, as the ship was docking, and told the reporters that he was going onto the ship to apologize to the people and help with a speedy disembark.

McDonald's took the opportunity offered by a young girl's father mentioning her desire for a "big mac, fies, and sweet tea") in a CNN interview.

I too cringed when I first looked at the Kendall picture because it looks as if she just knelt and let it hit the ground. A careful look however shows that it was not on a strap and she must have placed in down. But letting it rest on the lens seems very careless to me.

After all that happened, THAT is what you are "worried" about?

Good God!

Andy.

:eek:

That was very early in the process, second or third interview if I recall correctly. As CNN interviewed more and more people they started to adjust their preconceptions and questions became more neutral.

I haven't seen the picture yet but was wondering if he wore his brown pants when he visited the ship, met the media, and spoke about the incident.

Archived