Got day-before sailing upgrade--I love Princess

bonship

Sailing today from Fort Lauderdale today on Island and Princess emailed and called last night night to tell us we'd been upgraded to Aloha BC balcony. We purchased cheapest OV guaranteed and had already been upgraded to best OV. I asked agent why we had been upgraded and he said they had some last minute cancellations. Wondering if photos of the "tent city" on Triumph is keeping people home. Just glad that Princess rewards loyal customers. Off we go!

Sailing today from Fort Lauderdale today on Island and Princess emailed and called last night night to tell us we'd been upgraded to Aloha BC balcony. We purchased cheapest OV guaranteed and had already been upgraded to best OV. I asked agent why we had been upgraded and he said they had some last minute cancellations. Wondering if photos of the "tent city" on Triumph is keeping people home. Just glad that Princess rewards loyal customers. Off we go!

Nice!

Congrats! Enjoy your cruise! We sail on the Caribbean Princess next Sat---would love to have that happen to us, although Princess has already assigned us an AA cabin for our AE guarantee. Would love to get upgraded to a suite!!

I also doubt people would have cancelled at this point because of the Triumph. They would be in the no-refund stage at this point and I don't know of any people that can just walk away from that kind of cash !!!

Congrats on the upgrade and enjoy the cruise !!! I am 53 days from my next one !!!

Lucky you! That doesn't happen very often! I don't think it has anything to do with the Triumph at all. Business has been up about 20% for most cruise lines this year so far, despite that fiasco and the Costa Concordia. :rolleyes: I think most people can think rationally and realize it's a rare occurrence (like your upgrade!). Enjoy!

Archived