Second lawsuit filed in Triumph incident

doneinne

i love how in these situations everyone acts like they are an attorney and know all the laws. Now there does seem to be a few posters that appear to be in law however the majority spew information and have no idea what they are talking about.

:d :d :d

The United States Constitution gives =me= the right to judge people. I'm entitled to say whatever I want about anyone, as long as it's the truth. Maybe in some tin-pot dictatorship people are not allowed to judge other people, but not in the good, ol' United States.

That's just it, you don't know whether it's true or not. Cruise Critic is meant to be about helping people not beating them up.

Does your constitution allow rights to anyone else?

This woman actually stated that she refused to drink any water that came from the ship. My question would be, from where was Carnival supposed to get water for her to drink?

There had to be bottled water that was sold on the ship that she could drink????

Was she trying to say that she drank nothing at all after the problem started? If she didn't, of course she would have become dehyrated.

Bruising was caused by other passengers. Out of 3,000 passengers she was the only one to receive bruises??? How serious were these bruises? Did she seek medical attention on board?

Raises more questions than it should.

MARAPRINCE

Thats a joke. She got dehydrated with all the other stuff on there to drink? People like this make me want to puke. Sue sue sue, thats why there are so many rules and regs that cost more money to enforce. As for Carnival, I am guessing some mid level manager made the decision to forgo some needed work to keep those motors running. All in the name of the mighty dollar. This country is so messed up. Kissing the ground, sheesh....

His comments are amazing... Everyone should watch that video and read his comments... You would learn all about why CCL is so evil :D

BETTER VIDEO:

I love his video is true what he said,i had booked the carnival dream but i cancel it i stay with RCCL there ships are up to date,i hope the passangers sue them they need to learn how to keep there ships up to date,Remeber this not the first time this happen carnival splendor same thing and then costa Wow.

I love his video is true what he said,i had booked the carnival dream but i cancel it i stay with RCCL there ships are up to date,i hope the passangers sue them they need to learn how to keep there ships up to date,Remeber this not the first time this happen carnival splendor same thing and then costa Wow.

You may want to rethink that --

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Fire-Estinguished-On-Royal-Caribbean-Cruise-Ship-148382955.html?fullSite=y

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/south-florida-travel/2012/03/30/engine-fire-on-ship-operated-by-unit-of-royal-caribbean-cruises-ltd/

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

funny, according to other passengers and other news reports (even cc and cnn) they all said there were food and drinks of plenty. good luck greedy woman. people like this make me sick. We were talking about this in my interview today (before we got called for our 1 on 1's) everyone couldn't believe how much these passengers received already. this person just wants a payday. she probably refused medical care upon arrival in mobile too...whats her excuse for that?!

This guy is a knucklehead (trying to think of something that I could post). Seriously, Carnival intentionally poisoned him? Really?? He states that the CEO of Carnival knew the ship was going to break down and the he made the ship (Triumph) break down. LMAO!!! Why on earth would GC make the ship break down and give them so much bad press like they got?

His next claims is that Carnival has bribed everyone in the government and control the courts in this Country...lol ...next thing he's going to claim is that GC is an alien that is going to take over the world.

But allure had light food,and entertament why Becouse there ships are up to date.they get sue no Becouse Nothing big happen,as for carnival there always something happening,i thiught carnival had learn they leason from what happen on the splendor but the way i see it they dont care about there ships,úntil carnival start taking thing series i wont get on there ships

But allure had light food,and entertament why Becouse there ships are up to date.they get sue no Becouse Nothing big happen,as for carnival there always something happening,i thiught carnival had learn they leason from what happen on the splendor but the way i see it they dont care about there ships,úntil carnival start taking thing series i wont get on there ships

Yes people have filed lawsuits against RCCL:

http://news.braislaw.com/royal-caribbean-cruises-injury-lawsuits/

Shareholders have sued:

http://www.benzinga.com/news/11/09/1908322/shareholder-class-action-lawsuit-filed-against-royal-caribbean-cruises

This one is nice RCCL sued over toxic gas leak:

http://www.eturbonews.com/19496/royal-caribbean-sued-over-toxic-gas-leak

THree crew members died with this one.

Geez, if they take so much better care of their ships, then how did this happen???

Then there is this lovely article on how Royal Caribbean is sinking the image of the cruise industry:

http://www.cruiselawnews.com/2010/09/articles/worst-cruise-line-in-the-world/the-cruise-industrys-reputation-a-sinking-image/

I would post more but I hope you get the idea.

Curious the Azamara incident is ignored. As to the Allure, she was built in 2010, eleven years after Triumph . . . Oh, I don't know why I bother it's obvious that there are people who only accept facts that fit their perception.

Curious the Azamara incident is ignored. As to the Allure, she was built in 2010, eleven years after Triumph . . . Oh, I don't know why I bother it's obvious that there are people who only accept facts that fit their perception.

As well as the toxic leak on the Monarch of the Seas that killed crew members while passengers were on the ship. This was the second incident with the same issue on this ship.

Didn't hear a word about this in the news:

http://www.eturbonews.com/19496/royal-caribbean-sued-over-toxic-gas-leak

3 major incidents in Carnival Corps last 12,000+ sailings (and that is starting with the arbitrary point of Splendor incident. The realistic odds are quite quite quite low.)

All major cruise lines have had their share of incidents.

It happens in all cruise lines. Fires, lifeboat accidents, illnesses.

(I remember a few years ago on one of the Disney message boards . . .a regular poster had agonized over every detail of her Disney cruise. Cruise was cancelled because of an outbreak of norovirus on the ship and Disney wanted to sanitize the vessel. She took a WDW vacation instead, and had meltdown when she saw a model of the ship in the hotel lobby.)

If you don't want to take the risk of a shipboard incident, stay home.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

just wondering,,,I heard the people get their money back.. a free cruise, and $500. So if you don't want to cruise with Carnival again,,,you just get $500.? cause I don't count getting money back as a reward, you didn't get your cruise,. I wonder if you can get the money that another cruise would have cost if you don't want to cruise again?

"Industry giant Carnival has been hit with a second lawsuit from a Carnival Triumph passenger, ABC News is reporting.

The network says Lisa Williams, 42, of Houston claims to have suffered severe dehydration and bruising from aggressive food lines on the crippled ship.

Williams was so ill from the five-day ordeal that she had to be given intravenous fluids in a hospital emergency room when she returned home to Houston, her attorney tells ABC.

"Plaintiff has been exposed to extremely toxic and debilitating conditions resulting in severe and permanent injuries," the lawsuit alleges.

It was filed Sunday in a Miami federal court, ABC says.

The lawsuit follows one filed by a passenger on Friday, just hours after the 102,000-ton Carnival Triumph reached a dock in Mobile, Ala.

In the first suit, Texas resident passenger Cassie Terry, 25, of Brazoria County, Texas says Carnival "failed to provide a seaworthy vessel and sanitary conditions." She's seeking compensation for "physical and emotional harm, anxiety, nervousness and the 'loss of enjoyment of life."

I saw an interview on ABC. They said she was asking for $75,000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are the same people that aspire to be ambulance chasers when they "grow up". And I don't mean that in terms of age. It's pathetic but unfortunately it's a reality in today's society. Too many people want a free ride or feel they are "entitled" to something.

Dehydrated? I haven't heard anyone else complain of this, seems to me there was plenty of liquids on board. No pun intended. And bruising from food lines? Please. You can get that in the buffet line on a regular cruise, or getting off the ship on port days!

Funny how her story isn't even close to many that have come out. She looks pretty good for someone who was severely dyhydrated and in and out of care for the last week.

Not just what passengers have said about being plenty of water, but what they also took pics and video of. Plenty of them out there showing plenty of bottled water and cans of soda at the bars. This lady acts like the only water to drink was from the toilets and she wasn't having it.

Archived