Second lawsuit filed in Triumph incident

doneinne

Not just what passengers have said about being plenty of water, but what they also took pics and video of. Plenty of them out there showing plenty of bottled water and cans of soda at the bars. This lady acts like the only water to drink was from the toilets and she wasn't having it.

This is the same woman who stated she would not drink any water that was on the ship. Sounds like she caused her own problem!

What about the bottled water, soda, juice, etc.?

If she was in such distress why did she not seek medical care sooner?

Bruising can happen to anyone at any time. Why not go after the passenger who bruised her?

Her lawyer is only seeking "fame and glory" and if she pays him upfront, she is a fool. Out of over 3,000 passengers, she is one of the unlucky to have all these problems.:confused::confused::confused:

MARAPRINCE

This is the same woman who stated she would not drink any water that was on the ship. Sounds like she caused her own problem!

What about the bottled water, soda, juice, etc.?

If she was in such distress why did she not seek medical care sooner?

Bruising can happen to anyone at any time. Why not go after the passenger who bruised her?

Her lawyer is only seeking "fame and glory" and if she pays him upfront, she is a fool. Out of over 3,000 passengers, she is one of the unlucky to have all these problems.:confused::confused::confused:

MARAPRINCE

I don't know about juices. But the videos had bottled water and sodas in it and 1 day/night they even opened up the bar for free so if she wanted a beer......

There is absolutely no reason why a person should have become dehydrated.

just wondering,,,I heard the people get their money back.. a free cruise, and $500. So if you don't want to cruise with Carnival again,,,you just get $500.? cause I don't count getting money back as a reward, you didn't get your cruise,. I wonder if you can get the money that another cruise would have cost if you don't want to cruise again?

But they did get their cruise....the incident happened on the last day. Their cruise just got unexpectedly extended.

Last Sunday at the local Ryan's Steak House buffet at high noon I was tramped and bruised by the church goers. I guess I need to sue Ryan's right? I hope this lady after years of litigation gets what she has coming to her. More misery and pain and suffering from dealing with lawyers that long! Can you sue your lawyer?

I don't know about juices. But the videos had bottled water and sodas in it and 1 day/night they even opened up the bar for free so if she wanted a beer......

Agreed. That claim does seem like a stretch.

Last Sunday at the local Ryan's Steak House buffet at high noon I was tramped and bruised by the church goers. I guess I need to sue Ryan's right? I hope this lady after years of litigation gets what she has coming to her. More misery and pain and suffering from dealing with lawyers that long! Can you sue your lawyer?

Lawyers don't guarantee results. But lawyers can be sued for malpractice.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

As you stated, fluids were available. You can't force a person to drink if they don't want to. But they were still in a hot climate with no A/C so you would think an adult would realize you must drink something to keep from becoming dehyrated.

If you read the review posted on Cruise Critic by Scott who was on the sailing, things were not as bad as made to seem by some of the media. They were at the end of their original sailing and are getting their money refunded for it including their the cost of shore excursions, tips the same amount they paid for this sailing off a future sailing, $500, bused to the airport (free), free flight, free hotel... What more can you expect them to do for the passengers? They even went through Customs and Immigration on board.

We were sailing during 9/11 and had only reached our first port in France with NCL. All we received from them was free use of the phones to call home and some internet use. We were bused to NY just outside LAG airport from Boston. Period. End of story. No other compensation was given. They assisted passengers who needed to change flight reservations (all flights were grounded for a period of time).

It took days to make all the arrangements for everyone since everything was done from Miami. Sound familiar. No one knew at first how the passengers would be getting home or where the ship would be docking since NYC was the port we were supposed to dock at.

Arrangements take time to put into place and airports are chosen based upon where the most flights are.

Things would have been a lot worse if they went to Mexico. If they weren't sick before, they sure would have been! Plus, many of the passengers did not have passports.

MARAPRINCE

As you stated, fluids were available. You can't force a person to drink if they don't want to. But they were still in a hot climate with no A/C so you would think an adult would realize you must drink something to keep from becoming dehyrated.

MARAPRINCE

I know from firsthand observation that even in normal circumstances some elderly people have a very difficult time staying properly hydrated.

Anyone that thinks that Carnival has the vast majority of cruise "mishaps" and their cruise line doesn't have any is only kidding themselves. Ross Klein, cruise expert and author testified at a senate hearing that there were 79 cruise fires between 1990 and 2011. If Carnival bore the load of those fires it would have been mentioned ad nauseum by the press the last week. Carnival was just unlucky in having 2 of the more publicized fires.

Anyone that thinks that Carnival has the vast majority of cruise "mishaps" and their cruise line doesn't have any is only kidding themselves. Ross Klein, cruise expert and author testified at a senate hearing that there were 79 cruise fires between 1990 and 2011. If Carnival bore the load of those fires it would have been mentioned ad nauseum by the press the last week. Carnival was just unlucky in having 2 of the more publicized fires.

Most publicized because it left the ship stranded at sea with thousands of people on-board. Splendor, Allegra, and Triumph all had to be towed back to port. What other lines suffered such an event.

It would be useful to have a link to statistics that defined "vast majority". Perhaps a reason that Carnival has a majority of cruise mishaps is because they have the most ships.

It would be useful to have a link to statistics that defined "vast majority". Perhaps a reason that Carnival has a majority of cruise mishaps is because they have the most ships.

Hey speaking of statistics, perhaps you have some showing Carnival *does* have the most mishaps? I have seen several posts stating that Carnival has the most ships and therefore must have the most mishaps, yet I haven't seen any data, statistics or anyone in a congressional hearing saying as such. Is this speculation? Seems to be. Though if you have this info, please share.

Hey speaking of statistics, perhaps you have some showing Carnival *does* have the most mishaps? I have seen several posts stating that Carnival has the most ships and therefore must have the most mishaps, yet I haven't seen any data, statistics or anyone in a congressional hearing saying as such. Is this speculation? Seems to be. Though if you have this info, please share.

I've never claimed any particular share of "mishaps" for any cruise line. In fact I'm not aware of any publicly available reliable statistics that provide an analysis of incidents across years and cruise lines. In other words, it seems to me that it is not reasonable to argue more, less, or an even distribution of incidents across cruise lines.

I thought the fire happened on Sunday night,,,which I thought was the first day of the cruise.

Ship was scheduled to be back in Galveston Monday.

As for statistics into fires:

I looked into fires from 2002-2013, only including those on CCL, RCL, Costa, Celebrity, Disney, Princess, and NCL. There were 45 total reported fires on those ships:

Disney- 2 Fires, (Current Fleet, 4 Ships)

Celebrity- 2 Fires, (Current Fleet, 11 Ships)

Costa- 3 Fires, (Current Fleet, 14 Ships)

NCL- 4 Fires, (Current Fleet, 11 Ships)

Princess- 7 Fires, (Current Fleet, 16 Ships)

HAL- 8 Fires, (Current Fleet, 15 Ships)

CCL- 8 Fires, (Current Fleet, 24 Ships)

RCL- 11 Fires, (Current Fleet, 22 Ships)

Statistically there is no difference between CCL and RCL ships (I can go into the actual in depth math, but don't really want to post it).

Most publicized because it left the ship stranded at sea with thousands of people on-board. Splendor, Allegra, and Triumph all had to be towed back to port. What other lines suffered such an event.

Didn't Celebrity have problems ( not a fire ) with one of their ships in Europe last year? Offloaded pasengers in an unscheduled port and at first were not willing to help passengers get back to the port they were suppose to disembark in and only when angry passengers publicized how things were being handled that Celebrity changed their tune?

Guess since it happened in Europe, it got less publicity?

I looked into fires from 2002-2013, only including those on CCL, RCL, Costa, Celebrity, Disney, Princess, and NCL. There were 45 total reported fires on those ships:

Statistically there is no difference between CCL and RCL ships (I can go into the actual in depth math, but don't really want to post it).

So actually, Disney is the worst! HALF their fleet has caught fire... :p

So actually, Disney is the worst! HALF their fleet has caught fire... :p

and Costa??? Seems fire isn't the worst thing that can happen on a ship. :eek:

I agree that CCL has had the most issues simpley because the odds re they would, having the most ships out there.

I do think that they need to get their act to gether to change the perception though...because perception means a hell of a lot more than facts for most people....especially the non-seasoned cruiser who isn't going to think logically about this. CCL seriously has their work cut out for them.

and Costa??? Seems fire isn't the worst thing that can happen on a ship. :eek:

I agree that CCL has had the most issues simpley because the odds re they would, having the most ships out there.

I do think that they need to get their act to gether to change the perception though...because perception means a hell of a lot more than facts for most people....especially the non-seasoned cruiser who isn't going to think logically about this. CCL seriously has their work cut out for them.

Perception is reality . . .and Carnival's publicity department has its work cut out.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Could you share your source airmj2123? All I could find was cruiseshipfires.com.

Thanks for the numbers.

Archived