The definitive Cheers program Thread

pbsteve

I was able to get shots, which is why I went over the 15 limit one night (well, morning).

Using that logic, they would be unable to serve scotch neat. Which I got as well.

I was at one of those buy yourself an all you can drink parties once and ordered a scotch neat. The bartender said he wasn't allowed to pour shots. :rolleyes: .

I ordered a scotch and water with water on the side - no problem he says. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Enjoy the Silhouette and the fresh squeezed juices, 40+ craft beers, high end bottled waters, fancy espresso drinks, 30+ martini options, and the state of the art concoctions at the Molecular Bar that are all included in the unlimited premium drinks package that will cost us 11.50 per day.

Any more info on this? I just did a quick google search for Celebrity and found a $56 per person per day package and the beer list looks pretty lackluster, is this just for that specific ship or something? :confused:

I <3 Craft Beer.

I like this thread, its informative and people are able to share their personal experiences so other may have an idea on what to expect. I've learned some details I wouldn't have thought to ask.

I'll stay out of any debates, and just continue to read and learn.

I like this thread, its informative and people are able to share their personal experiences so other may have an idea on what to expect. I've learned some details I wouldn't have thought to ask.

I'll stay out of any debates, and just continue to read and learn.

It's called lurking in message board terms, but that's ok with me, I do it every day =). I'm going on the Paradise in September and I have this thread bookmarked on my computer so I can check it every couple of days to see if the Paradise has made the list yet.

We ended up bringing back about 18 beers but we made sure to get our money's worth.

Wow... this one really takes the cake!

I wonder how this works on your allowance to import back into the country. How many beers can you bring back duty free. I mean, surely, you reported these on the customs forms...

I was able to get shots, which is why I went over the 15 limit one night (well, morning).

Using that logic, they would be unable to serve scotch neat. Which I got as well.

There have been reports that differ from ship to ship as well as bartender to bartender. All I can do is report on what I have witnessed first hand on our Breeze cruise from January or regurgitate what I feel is appropriate from what I read on CC. ;)

Any more info on this? I just did a quick google search for Celebrity and found a $56 per person per day package and the beer list looks pretty lackluster, is this just for that specific ship or something? :confused:

I <3 Craft Beer.

The craft beers are only on the Silhouette and the Reflection. The other ships have a much more limited variety. The 123 go promo was in effect over two periods, one at the beginning of the year and again from March 15-April 15 and then extended till the end of April for summer cruises only. Basically it covered all cruises from June 1 2013 through March 31 2014 and you got your choice of either free gratuities, 200 OBC per stateroom or free classic alcoholic drinks package for two. For the extra 11.50 per day (10 plus 15% tip) you can upgrade to the premium drinks package, which entitles you to all of the drinks mentioned in my earlier post. Basically all drinks up to 12 bucks and an unlimited amount. If you wish to purchase a 15 dollar glass of wine or craft beer, all you pay is the 3.00 difference, plus 15% tip.

I'm not sure if it was earlier in this thread or on another one, but I did turn on My Dog Rudy to the program and he or she then booked a cruise on the Silhouette for next January.

Paying it forward is why I love to post on CC and a little heated discussion every now and then doesn't hurt either. ;)

Wow... this one really takes the cake!

I wonder how this works on your allowance to import back into the country. How many beers can you bring back duty free. I mean, surely, you reported these on the customs forms...

I don't think that there are Bud Light Lime sniffing dogs at customs. :rolleyes:

There have been reports that differ from ship to ship as well as bartender to bartender. All I can do is report on what I have witnessed first hand on our Breeze cruise from January or regurgitate what I feel is appropriate from what I read on CC. ;)

My point exactly. I hope the main theme that people get out of this thread is "your mileage WILL vary."

Question.

Do we have to pay for the last day on board, seeing that we dock at 8am?

No. A "day" for Cheers is defined as 6:00am to 5:59am the next day. On a 7 night cruise, you would pay for 7 days (or 6 if you bought on day 2).

Edited by emelvee

On a 7 day cruise, if you buy it the first day then you pay for 7 days. Just say it's a Sunday to Sunday cruise. Sunday to Saturday is 7 days, so the day you dock is not counted.

ohhhh gotcha! Thanks

On the beer issue, I can see where I would order a few to bring back to the cabin for SO to drink, since I will be drinking "his" bottle of wine that we brong on board. I don't see the point of ordering them just because you can to get to the 15 drink limit. JMO.

You can buy those. And I'm guessing you can buy a round of drinks for others (not using the Cheers card). Just not with cash - it would go on your S&S card.

So your Cheers card is different from your S&S card? I thought it was the same card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So your Cheers card is different from your S&S card? I thought it was the same card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cards are one and the same. When you purchase the program, they attach a martini glass sticker to the front so the bartenders know and then they swipe it and your drink count begins.

Thank you very much! Did you pay for 8 days or 7 since you purchased on day 2?

If you purchase the program on day two, you are only charged for the remaining days of your cruise. So an 8 day cruise is charged 7, 7 is charged 6 and 6 is charged 5.